The PAC 10 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • myboynoah
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 21719

    #4246
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    "layup". Lol.

    That would be a terrible deal.
    Not if your only metric is to not be in a conference with BYU.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

    Comment

    • BigPiney
      Huge Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 12365

      #4247
      Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

      GBU is not good at math.
      Get that misogyny out of this thread!!

      Comment

      • myboynoah
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 21719

        #4248
        Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

        Get that misogyny out of this thread!!
        Is GBU a woman? Even so, still not good at math.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

        For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

        Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

        Comment

        • Uncle Ted
          The Big 12 money shot.
          • Apr 2010
          • 28853

          #4249
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          "layup". Lol.

          That would be a terrible deal.
          Especially when the Pac 12-2 has to give bigger pieces of the pie to Oregon and UW (and maybe Stanford and Cal) to keep them from bolting to the B1G.

          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69689

            #4250
            Watching the P12 fanbase fawn all over SDSU today has been funny. These folks couldn't be more desperate.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • BlueK
              Senior Member
              • May 2011
              • 7191

              #4251
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Watching the P12 fanbase fawn all over SDSU today has been funny. These folks couldn't be more desperate.
              Hey, they have a couple of doctorate programs now...

              Comment

              • myboynoah
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 21719

                #4252
                It's happening!

                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                Comment

                • Uncle Ted
                  The Big 12 money shot.
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 28853

                  #4253
                  Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  It's happening!

                  And SMU will be next... But the Utes have a plan:



                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • myboynoah
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 21719

                    #4254
                    In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established!

                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69689

                      #4255
                      Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                      In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established!

                      Monty and Swaim? Haha.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • Uncle Ted
                        The Big 12 money shot.
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 28853

                        #4256
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                        Monty and Swaim? Haha.
                        But it's true, JL... The Pac 12-2 has no choice but to add SDSU now:



                        The Pac 12-2 fans are celebrating!
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • Moliere
                          One man.....one pie
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 27877

                          #4257
                          Adding SDSU after a final four round is kind of funny. They don’t bring in stability or a fan base even remotely close to BYU, but when you are on a lifeline like the PAC I guess you’ll take the scraps. The PAC is lucky that Boise didn’t get far in the tourne entre or else they’d have no choice but to add them…
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                          Comment

                          • Green Monstah
                            Royal Rooter
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 13955

                            #4258
                            P12 is about keeping their principles. Academics matter to the P12. Welcome SDSU!
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                            "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                            Comment

                            • Uncle Ted
                              The Big 12 money shot.
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 28853

                              #4259
                              Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              Adding SDSU after a final four round is kind of funny. They don’t bring in stability or a fan base even remotely close to BYU, but when you are on a lifeline like the PAC I guess you’ll take the scraps. The PAC is lucky that Boise didn’t get far in the tourne entre or else they’d have no choice but to add them…
                              It is actually brilliant for the Pac 12-2 to say they had "no choice but to add SDSU"... Once they start experiencing buyer's remorse for this addition down the road they can say "we had no choice but to add SDSU. It was the Big 12's fault!"
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • All-American
                                Right, as Usual
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 15664

                                #4260
                                They would have added SDSU irrespective of the Final Four bid, but the tourny success makes a bitter pill easier for the PAC to swallow.

                                All in all, pretty darn good month for SDSU. Good for them.
                                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                                Comment

                                Working...