Lakers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #3331
    Let Shannon Dunk Be an All Around Player



    Kobe makes phone calls

    http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,4243830.story

    Theo Ratliff is a punk



    Return of Bench Mob

    http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_16454327

    Nobody Destroys Ron Artest



    Lamar Odom is Unisex

    Los Angeles Times blogs that were published between 2006 and 2013.


    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #3332
      Machine Downtime

      http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,4309367.story

      Jax: Journey to the Ring



      This book looks pretty cool.



      [YOUTUBE]ktd1ia_i3IM[/YOUTUBE]

      Solar eclipse tonight in Phoenix



      [YOUTUBE]d-xBK_TcIIE[/YOUTUBE]

      [YOUTUBE]59qaMENIEAw[/YOUTUBE]

      [YOUTUBE]N3GWVLOQZoI[/YOUTUBE]
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #3333
        1...2.....3.....RING!

        http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/10championshipring.html

        http://toppayingideas.com/blog/2010/...p-ring-photos/









        The Los Angeles Lakers are commemorating their 16th NBA Championship with a ring that has a few touches that have never before been seen in a sports ring.

        Each and every ring is adorned with a piece of the actual ball used in game seven of the 2010 NBA Finals.

        The two Larry O'Brien trophies representing the back to back titles are made from a custom batch of 16kt gold.

        16 oversized round brillant white diamonds indicate the 16 championships the franchise has won.

        Each player is immortalized with a three dimensional sculpture of their face on their respective rings.

        The final score of the Lakers 83-79 game seven victory over the Boston Celtics is represented on the side of the ring in scoreboard fashion.
        baby, baby, baby!

        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • Surfah
          Where's Wallace?
          • Nov 2008
          • 33726

          #3334
          This team is scary deep. I am really liking the additions of Barnes and Blake. I liked that lineup of Kobe, Blake, Barnes, Odom, and Pau that was out there for a bit.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #3335
            Watching lakers on league pass is weird. Takes some getting used to.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #3336
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Watching lakers on league pass is weird. Takes some getting used to.
              Definitely weird. What I hate is when there is a full slate of games and they're on the road. Then you usually only get the home team's broadcast. Sometimes though it's quite entertaining to hear other announcers rip on the Lakers. Tonight they're showing each team's broadcast though so you can choose. I also hate when the game isn't broadcast in HD.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #3337
                Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                Definitely weird. What I hate is when there is a full slate of games and they're on the road. Then you usually only get the home team's broadcast. Sometimes though it's quite entertaining to hear other announcers rip on the Lakers. Tonight they're showing each team's broadcast though so you can choose. I also hate when the game isn't broadcast in HD.
                Is there a way to subscribe to fox sports west while in Utah? Or do I have to go through league pass? So you are saying that this NBA package won't give me the fsw broadcasts for every game? Weak.

                This team is quite tasty. Is it premature to take a nap until June?
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #3338
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Is there a way to subscribe to fox sports west while in Utah? Or do I have to go through league pass? So you are saying that this NBA package won't give me the fsw broadcasts for every game? Weak.

                  This team is quite tasty. Is it premature to take a nap until June?
                  Not that I know of. When there is a full slate of games you usually get the home team's broadcast. On the plus side, the Lakers are on nationally just about every week. But it's nice to see and hear Stu and Joel.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #3339
                    Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                    Not that I know of. When there is a full slate of games you usually get the home team's broadcast. On the plus side, the Lakers are on nationally just about every week. But it's nice to see and hear Stu and Joel.
                    Yes this is just like being at home even with the halftime show.

                    I don't know how you do it. When the lakers playedn the rockets, inside the NBA was on and it was almost 11 pm. The time change is a killer.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #3340
                      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Yes this is just like being at home even with the halftime show.

                      I don't know how you do it. When the lakers playedn the rockets, inside the NBA was on and it was almost 11 pm. The time change is a killer.
                      It's brutal. The late game starts are a killer. I admit that I tapped out in the 3rd quarter of the opener against Houston. But most nights I am up until 1-2am watching the Lakers. I try and take a nap in the evening for about 30 minutes for those games. I appreciate the east coast road trips now a lot.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Surfah
                        Where's Wallace?
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 33726

                        #3341
                        LO may be the best player on this team. He's been unreal. I was hoping his summer would have some carry over and I think it has.

                        I keep forgetting that Bynum is out. This team is going to roll to a 3 peat if they're all healthy.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #3342
                          Tacos!

                          Anytime you get Taco's against GSW is a good game. But to hold them 25 points below their season average is awesome. Where is Norcal Cat?

                          I hope Kobe doesn't have to play many 4th quarters.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #3343
                            3 Peat

                            http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,6090280.story

                            For better or more likely worse, Lakers fans even began an impromptu version of the wave for the first time since … the '80s?

                            "Going way back for that," assistant coach Brian Shaw said. "The Showtime years or something."

                            Artest joined in as well from the bench.

                            "We decided we might as well get involved," Artest said before seemingly second-guessing his decision. "I didn't mean to do the wave on the Warriors like that. That seems wrong."
                            Zzzzzzz

                            http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,2532724.story

                            Assistant coach Brian Shaw, part of the franchise's last three-championship run, found plenty of ways for the Lakers to stay motivated.

                            "They have a lot of things: Kobe [Bryant] wanting to catch Michael [Jordan], trying to get a 17th championship to catch the [ Boston] Celtics, as well as everybody talking about Miami, and Boston loading up with Jermaine and Shaq [both O'Neals].

                            "Those things are enough of a motivation by themselves, and there's also that this might possibly be Phil [Jackson]'s last year coaching and wanting to put him out on top with a fourth three-peat, which has never been done. The motivation is built-in in every area."
                            The Killer B's lead the Renegades

                            http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakers...renegades.html

                            [YOUTUBE]qRKbvNQHONM[/YOUTUBE]
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #3344
                              Memphis v Lakers, Sponsored by GEICO

                              http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,3785071.story



                              The Lakers have received solid efforts from their reserves through three games, but Jackson isn't ready to call them the best he's ever coached.

                              Jackson said that honor belonged to the 1999-2000 Lakers, who had Robert Horry, Rick Fox and Brian Shaw, not to mention a young Derek Fisher, who started 22 games that season. Jackson said that reserve crew was "extremely deep."

                              "And we had a lot of veterans on that team," he said. "It was probably the deepest team I've had as a coach. But this [current] team is nice. They've got some depth."
                              Artest is political

                              [YOUTUBE]4oA_YcWxFmM[/YOUTUBE]
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • RobinFinderson
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 10548

                                #3345
                                I clicked on this thread for no other reason than to be the 30,000th view.

                                Comment

                                Working...