Lakers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #3376
    Fisher King

    http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,6345569.story

    Yo, got that 5-0, double up....

    http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,3981682.story

    Bynum: We talking 'bout practice



    [YOUTUBE]UGvM1VTsHZ8[/YOUTUBE]

    Foxy still Foxy

    [YOUTUBE]TQ568Tw6QTM[/YOUTUBE]
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #3377
      The Lakers are nasty. I am now convinced that the Lakers could win it all with this squad without Bynum. I have never seen a Lakers team hustle so much. They crash the boards, get out on the break and make the extra pass. They are so much fun to watch.

      Also, me and my old man are watching the Portland feed of the game to hear what the commentators are saying about them. Pretty hilarious to hear them complain about the Lakers schedule. They're bitching about the Lakers not having many back to backs this year while Portland has already had 2 or 3. And they're complaining about their first 17 games against a bunch of cupcakes. Too funny.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #3378
        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        The Lakers are nasty. I am now convinced that the Lakers could win it all with this squad without Bynum. I have never seen a Lakers team hustle so much. They crash the boards, get out on the break and make the extra pass. They are so much fun to watch.

        Also, me and my old man are watching the Portland feed of the game to hear what the commentators are saying about them. Pretty hilarious to hear them complain about the Lakers schedule. They're bitching about the Lakers not having many back to backs this year while Portland has already had 2 or 3. And they're complaining about their first 17 games against a bunch of cupcakes. Too funny.
        The lakers look great. Adding artest last season was a fantastic add. Adding barnes this summer may have been the key move. This bench is all about hustle and barnes likes to scrap for rebounds. I think he provides some great energy for the rest of the bench.

        Also, what's with all the passing? It is like freaking Hoosiers out there...3, 4 passes on many possessions. Ball movement, rebounding, help defense...this is a killing machine.

        Credit to kupchack for getting the right pieces. I was sad to see JP go, but this squad may be the best team since that first three-peat group.

        And credit to Jax for keeping these guys focused, hungry, and active.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • Surfah
          Where's Wallace?
          • Nov 2008
          • 33726

          #3379
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          The lakers look great. Adding artest last season was a fantastic add. Adding barnes this summer may have been the key move. This bench is all about hustle and barnes likes to scrap for rebounds. I think he provides some great energy for the rest of the bench.

          Also, what's with all the passing? It is like freaking Hoosiers out there...3, 4 passes on many possessions. Ball movement, rebounding, help defense...this is a killing machine.

          Credit to kupchack for getting the right pieces. I was sad to see JP go, but this squad may be the best team since that first three-peat group.

          And credit to Jax for keeping these guys focused, hungry, and active.
          Word. That was a nice bench with B Shaw, Foxy, and Big Shot Rob.

          And as I type this Artest drives and dishes to Odom who goes behind his back to Pau for the jumper. Sheesh.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #3380
            This one is in the refrigerator. Shannon brown getting into the act with 15 off the bench as lakers grow the lead to 30.

            Bring on Boston or miami.

            Heck, bring on Boston AND Miami!
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #3381
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              This one is in the refrigerator. Shannon brown getting into the act with 15 off the bench as lakers grow the lead to 30.

              Bring on Boston or miami.

              Heck, bring on Boston AND Miami!
              Pow with a triple-double.

              It is amazing how good Shannon Brown is shooting the ball right now. He's shooting like 55% from the field. I am glad we re-signed him.

              Luuuuuuuuke gets into the game.

              Hopefully Sasha won't shoot the crowd out of tacos.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #3382
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • HBCoug
                  Peanut Gallery Asshat
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 2082

                  #3383
                  Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  Word. That was a nice bench with B Shaw, Foxy, and Big Shot Rob.

                  And as I type this Artest drives and dishes to Odom who goes behind his back to Pau for the jumper. Sheesh.
                  Yes, credit to Mitch for a great under-the-radar offseason, but also credit Barnes for taking less to play in LA. It looked for a while like he might be a Toronto Raptor this offseason, and it was great news when he decided to come home. He's the kind of spark plug off the bench who doesn't take any nights off that most Laker teams don't have. I can't remember the last time I loved watching the Lakers 2nd unit.

                  I'm a horse!

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #3384
                    Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                    Yes, credit to Mitch for a great under-the-radar offseason, but also credit Barnes for taking less to play in LA. It looked for a while like he might be a Toronto Raptor this offseason, and it was great news when he decided to come home. He's the kind of spark plug off the bench who doesn't take any nights off that most Laker teams don't have. I can't remember the last time I loved watching the Lakers 2nd unit.

                    I'm a horse!
                    You're a WHAT?

                    Next 6:

                    Minnesota
                    @Denver
                    Phoenix
                    @Milwaukee
                    @Detroit
                    @Minnesota

                    Imma say it right now....Lakers match then surpass their best start in franchise history. 13-0.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #3385
                      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      You're a WHAT?

                      Next 6:

                      Minnesota
                      @Denver
                      Phoenix
                      @Milwaukee
                      @Detroit
                      @Minnesota

                      Imma say it right now....Lakers match then surpass their best start in franchise history. 13-0.
                      Next week is going to be sweet. 7:30 and 8:00 PM tip offs. Yay for sleep!

                      I honestly think this team could roll into Christmas undefeated.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #3386
                        Se7en

                        http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,3468826.story

                        OK, so it wasn't Miami. Or Boston. Or even Orlando.

                        But the Portland Trail Blazers were supposed to pose some sort of threat to the Lakers' undefeated record against largely underwhelming teams.

                        It didn't happen. In fact, it wasn't close.
                        72 Wins? Not so fast, my friend...

                        http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...2522382.column

                        Ebanks and Caracter might have to play some D [league]

                        http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,4178293.story

                        Words

                        [YOUTUBE]cAf4cnHBqK0[/YOUTUBE]

                        [YOUTUBE]dPika-77E9I[/YOUTUBE]

                        [YOUTUBE]9baYX7zulmU[/YOUTUBE]

                        [YOUTUBE]LBaxea1XGAI[/YOUTUBE]

                        [YOUTUBE]o6JaPMr-7R8[/YOUTUBE]

                        [YOUTUBE]QSkIAzPhQGE[/YOUTUBE]
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • cougjunkie
                          *Banned*
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 23223

                          #3387
                          The last unbeaten team in the NBA has made the finals 4 years in a row.
                          *Banned*

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #3388
                            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            The last unbeaten team in the NBA has made the finals 4 years in a row.
                            That means that either the Lakers or the Hornets are coming out of the West. I wonder which one it will be?
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • MartyFunkhouser
                              Disciple of RNGesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 18754

                              #3389
                              Ron Artest says Brandon Roy appears to be injured. I agree with Ron Artest.

                              "I’ve played against Brandon Roy a lot of times. He wasn’t himself."
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

                              Comment

                              • Surfah
                                Where's Wallace?
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 33726

                                #3390
                                Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                                Ron Artest says Brandon Roy appears to be injured. I agree with Ron Artest.

                                "I’ve played against Brandon Roy a lot of times. He wasn’t himself."
                                I don't think Roy had his first points (free throw) until 6 minutes left in the first half.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...