Lakers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Surfah
    Where's Wallace?
    • Nov 2008
    • 33726

    #3181
    Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    The timing in these playoffs is awful. Weeks between games, series that have to start on certain dates. David Stern is really out of touch, if this wasn't Lakers/Celtics would any casual fan still have interest?
    I agree. I wonder how much of it is his being handicapped by ABC. I don't remember the NBA on NBC being this way. But that could just be my poor memory. It seemed like they had some floating dates though.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #3182
      The Jazz fans are nothing but haters. LOL.

      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • HBCoug
        Peanut Gallery Asshat
        • Dec 2008
        • 2082

        #3183
        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        The Jazz fans are nothing but haters. LOL.

        http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/fl...e&pollId=91863
        "It's not just Jazz fans who hate the Lakers, everybody does!" That's why every single Sports Nation poll that has to do with the Lakers has Utah taking the antagonistic option. Napolean complex at its finest in our lovely deseret.

        Comment

        • ewth8tr
          Reverend of Irreverence
          • Nov 2008
          • 2347

          #3184
          Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
          "It's not just Jazz fans who hate the Lakers, everybody does!" That's why every single Sports Nation poll that has to do with the Lakers has Utah taking the antagonistic option. Napolean complex at its finest in our lovely deseret.
          You do realize that the poll only showed 851 votes from Utah and the margin is 51-49, right?
          "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

          Comment

          • FN Phat
            I ♥ gateway sex
            • Feb 2009
            • 8691

            #3185
            When do the Finals start? I am going to have to DVR them due to my shitty work schedule.
            I'm your huckleberry.


            "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #3186
              Originally posted by ewth8tr View Post
              You do realize that the poll only showed 851 votes from Utah and the margin is 51-49, right?
              Rationalizing hate. LOL.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • il Padrino Ute
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 19161

                #3187
                Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                Rationalizing hate. LOL.
                FWIW, I have never rationalized my hatred of the Lakers. They have always been in my sports axis of evil with the Yankees and Cowboys.

                You Laker fans are amusing. Your team beat the Jazz, but you continue to talk about how much Jazz fans hate the Lakers. Get over it. Your team won.
                "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #3188
                  Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                  FWIW, I have never rationalized my hatred of the Lakers. They have always been in my sports axis of evil with the Yankees and Cowboys.

                  You Laker fans are amusing. Your team beat the Jazz, but you continue to talk about how much Jazz fans hate the Lakers. Get over it. Your team won.
                  Exactly.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • Moliere
                    One man.....one pie
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 27877

                    #3189
                    Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                    When do the Finals start? I am going to have to DVR them due to my shitty work schedule.
                    Tomorrow at 8pm central (double check me on the time).

                    I'm worried about this series. Boston has too many bigs to neutralize Pau and Bynum. Plus, Rondo is playing out of his mind and he'll be guarded by Fish. I love my Lakers but I think we are the underdogs in this series.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                    Comment

                    • ewth8tr
                      Reverend of Irreverence
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 2347

                      #3190
                      Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      Rationalizing hate. LOL.
                      Don't be a dick, you know that isn't even remotely what I was doing.
                      "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

                      Comment

                      • CardiacCoug
                        вот так штука
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 11013

                        #3191
                        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        The Jazz fans are nothing but haters. LOL.

                        http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/fl...e&pollId=91863
                        I like those Sports Nation polls -- Kentucky residents like Rajon Rondo and the Celtics as well.

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #3192
                          Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                          I like those Sports Nation polls -- Kentucky residents like Rajon Rondo and the Celtics as well.
                          So do Jazz fans root for the Celtics because of Ainge?
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Surfah
                            Where's Wallace?
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 33726

                            #3193
                            Gameday. The Lakers should replace one of the seats on the Celtics' bench with a wheelchair.

                            Scary game. This is the one for the Celtics to steal. The Lakers need to defend home court.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • DrumNFeather
                              Invisible Swordsman
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 8854

                              #3194
                              Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              Gameday. The Lakers should replace one of the seats on the Celtics' bench with a wheelchair.

                              Scary game. This is the one for the Celtics to steal. The Lakers need to defend home court.
                              Lakers in 5.
                              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                              Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                              Comment

                              • Surfah
                                Where's Wallace?
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 33726

                                #3195
                                Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                                Lakers in 5.
                                You read my mind.

                                Where do I get one of these shirts? I need it.

                                Last edited by Surfah; 06-03-2010, 05:55 AM.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...