Lakers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #4831
    Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
    It wasn't a comparison to Shaq. It was a comparison to guys like Jim McMillian, Norm Nixon, Bob McAdoo, James Worthy, Byron Scott, Michael Cooper, and Pau Gasol.
    Big Game is already on the wall.

    Silk is going into the Hall. Into the Hall, onto the Wall.

    As surfah pointed out, shacks inclusion is premature. He is undoubtedly going into the HoF, but he isn't there yet, which makes me believe that LAL is simply doing this to beat Miami to the punch. Pathetic. Make shack wait.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #4832
      Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
      It wasn't a comparison to Shaq. It was a comparison to guys like Jim McMillian, Norm Nixon, Bob McAdoo, James Worthy, Byron Scott, Michael Cooper, and Pau Gasol.
      I tend to agree with your assessment of Wilkes. I think the bar should be a bit higher. If I had to guess his hometown roots helped like you suggested growing up in southern California, playing at UCLA and the Lakers. Plus he was involved with the LA Sparks for a bit.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
        Time to camp
        • Nov 2008
        • 26082

        #4833
        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        Silk is going into the Hall. Into the Hall, onto the Wall.
        Does it have to be basketball HOF? Say Adam Morrison makes it into the mustache HOF does he get some consideration?
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

        Comment

        • Surfah
          Where's Wallace?
          • Nov 2008
          • 33726

          #4834
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Silk is going into the Hall. Into the Hall, onto the Wall.
          Ultimately this sealed it for Wilkes.

          Shaq should wait. I think Cap and Magic were the only ones to go right up on the wall. And deservedly so.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

          Comment

          • Joe Public
            8.1 YPC
            • Apr 2011
            • 8531

            #4835
            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            Silk is going into the Hall. Into the Hall, onto the Wall.
            Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            Ultimately this sealed it for Wilkes.
            That's probably the reality, but I don't agree with that reasoning. Considering the body of work Wilkes put together at the high school, collegiate and pro levels, there is a good argument for his inclusion in the HOF. However, I don't think his non-Laker accomplishments should be considered when it comes to retiring a jersey. Based on Laker-only accomplishments, I think BGR-something-something is on point.
            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

            "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #4836
              Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
              That's probably the reality, but I don't agree with that reasoning. Considering the body of work Wilkes put together at the high school, collegiate and pro levels, there is a good argument for his inclusion in the HOF. However, I don't think his non-Laker accomplishments should be considered when it comes to retiring a jersey. Based on Laker-only accomplishments, I think BGR-something-something is on point.
              I agree with both of you that LAL has so many awesome players that won championships that it would be impossible to honor all of them.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #4837
                Shack trying to lighten the mood

                "Jerry Buss, Jeanie Buss, I just heard the news that you're going to retire my jersey. Thank you very much," O'Neal said on Tout, a social media site. "I love you guys. We had a lot of fun. I appreciate you baby. I owe you one. You're going to make me cry, Jerry Buss."
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #4838
                  Sorry sasha, Sharapova liked you when you were a laker

                  Stay up to date on ATP news, stories, results, videos & analysis from the team at FOX Sports -- covering your favorite players & events
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #4839
                    D12 cries, wears wife beater, enjoys mylar balloons

                    http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/ar...abbar/11623084

                    Just set down with @kaj33. Man God is so good. Was in tears. What a blessing. This is like a dream come true. Go Lakers.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #4840
                      I am NOT offended by this lineup.
















                      Looks like everything is in its right place:

                      Denver coach George Karl, getting his hate on, at the Nuggets' media day:
                      "I just despise the Lakers."
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Surfah
                        Where's Wallace?
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 33726

                        #4841
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        I am NOT offended by this lineup.
                        Me either.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Joe Public
                          8.1 YPC
                          • Apr 2011
                          • 8531

                          #4842
                          They showed some clips from media day on the local news last night. The reporters were asking everyone whose team it is (lame question, but so be it):

                          The (paraphrased) responses were:

                          Dwight - I'm here to learn and become a part of the team.
                          Nash Rambler - It's a great line-up; we're all part of the team.
                          Kobe - It's my team.
                          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                          "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #4843
                            Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                            They showed some clips from media day on the local news last night. The reporters were asking everyone whose team it is (lame question, but so be it):

                            The (paraphrased) responses were:

                            Dwight - It is Kobe's team, then it will be my team.
                            Nash Rambler - I am not relevant to this question.
                            Kobe - It's my team then it will be Dwight's team.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • Donuthole
                              Official Outgayer
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 25268

                              #4844
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

                              There were a few you missed:

                              Jim Buss: It is my dad's team, and then it will be mine.


                              Jerry Buss: It is my team, and then it will be Jeanie's.

                              Jeanie Buss: It is my boyfriend's world, and we're all just living in it.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                              There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                              Comment

                              • TripletDaddy
                                sweet triple
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 58186

                                #4845
                                Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

                                There were a few you missed:

                                Jim Buss: It is my dad's team, and then it will be mine.


                                Jerry Buss: It is my team, and then it will be Jeanie's.

                                Jeanie Buss: It is my boyfriend's world, and we're all just living in it.
                                Mike Brown: It's Phil's team, I'm waiting to be fired.
                                Mitch: It's Phil's team, we are waiting to fire Mike Brown
                                Phil: It's my team.
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...