Ukraine - somebody explain to me

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69696

    #2626
    Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Literally every other news outlet is reporting the 2:1 ratio.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/08/u...raine-war.html

    Much of the information in the documents tracks with public disclosures officials have made but in many cases contains more detail. One document reports the Russians have suffered 189,500 to 223,000 casualties, including up to 43,000 killed in action. American officials have previously estimated Russian losses at about 200,000 soldiers. While American officials are more circumspect in describing Ukrainian losses, they have said there have been about 100,000. The leaked document says that as of February, Ukraine had suffered 124,500 to 131,000 casualties, with up to 17,500 killed in action.
    I guess they could all be wrong and your boy Napolitano is the only one that can read.

    You have to wonder, if the Russians are slaughtering the Ukranians at that rate, how come they couldn't take Kiev? How come they haven't been able to take Bakmut? How come they have been stalled forever? How come the war keeps dragging on and on?

    Come on, man. Critical thinking.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • Bo Diddley
      Senior
      • Jul 2012
      • 18789

      #2627
      Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post

      This is a fantastic post because I know it means things, but I don't know what those things are, yet I still kind of get the message.
      I understood every word and didn't give it a second thought.

      Comment

      • Uncle Ted
        The Big 12 money shot.
        • Apr 2010
        • 28853

        #2628
        Originally posted by BlueK View Post

        Ted, that is a radically different number. Are you sure Napolitano is right? Logic would say if it was true Russia was killing so many more, then with their already massive advantage in overall numbers they wouldn't be sitting bogged down in ww1 type trenches in far eastern Ukraine for this many months. They aren't doing that because it's fun. Critical thinking, friend.
        Maybe the figure includes civilian deaths as well. Not many Russian civilians in Ukraine getting killed. Critical thinking, friend.

        We need congressional hearings to sort all the BS out. They were telling us false numbers back during Nam for political reasons. But I am sure there are no political reasons for doing something like that today.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • Uncle Ted
          The Big 12 money shot.
          • Apr 2010
          • 28853

          #2629
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

          Literally every other news outlet is reporting the 2:1 ratio.

          https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/08/u...raine-war.html



          I guess they could all be wrong and your boy Napolitano is the only one that can read.

          You have to wonder, if the Russians are slaughtering the Ukranians at that rate, how come they couldn't take Kiev? How come they haven't been able to take Bakmut? How come they have been stalled forever? How come the war keeps dragging on and on?

          Come on, man. Critical thinking.
          Including the NYTimes?...

          one of the slides said 16,000 to 17,500 Russian soldiers had been killed while Ukraine had suffered as many as 71,500 troop deaths.
          https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/06/u...an-russia.html
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • Northwestcoug
            Cocked and Loaded
            • May 2011
            • 18021

            #2630
            Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            The paragraph before and the sentence immediately after:

            “Whether these documents are authentic or not, people should take care with anything released by Russian sources,” said Michael Kofman, the director of Russian studies at CNA, a research institute in Arlington, Va.

            For example, one of the slides said 16,000 to 17,500 Russian soldiers had been killed while Ukraine had suffered as many as 71,500 troop deaths. The Pentagon and other analysts have estimated that Russia has suffered far more casualties, with closer to 200,000 killed and injured, while Ukraine has had more than 100,000 killed and injured.
            If you're at the point that you believe Russian information over a consensus opinion, I'm going to call that lacking in critical thinking.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69696

              #2631
              Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              You left off the second half of that paragraph:

              For example, one of the slides said 16,000 to 17,500 Russian soldiers had been killed while Ukraine had suffered as many as 71,500 troop deaths. The Pentagon and other analysts have estimated that Russia has suffered far more casualties, with closer to 200,000 killed and injured, while Ukraine has had more than 100,000 killed and injured.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • BlueK
                Senior Member
                • May 2011
                • 7191

                #2632
                Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

                Maybe the figure includes civilian deaths as well. Not many Russian civilians in Ukraine getting killed. Critical thinking, friend.

                We need congressional hearings to sort all the BS out. They were telling us false numbers back during Nam for political reasons. But I am sure there are no political reasons for doing something like that today.
                Still, if this is such a rout for Russia then they would have the country by now rather than staying in terrible trench conditions in far eastern Ukraine for months. Doesn't add up even if you accept the Russian narrative.

                Comment

                • Uncle Ted
                  The Big 12 money shot.
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 28853

                  #2633
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                  You left off the second half of that paragraph:
                  Yeah, they were truthful with the Nam Pentagon papers too.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • BlueK
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2011
                    • 7191

                    #2634
                    Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

                    Yeah, they were truthful with the Nam Pentagon papers too.
                    Thanks for reassuring us you're not on board with the idea of a US war with Mexico.

                    Comment

                    • Commando
                      Explosivo
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 20748

                      #2635
                      Originally posted by BlueK View Post

                      Still, if this is such a rout for Russia then they would have the country by now rather than staying in terrible trench conditions in far eastern Ukraine for months. Doesn't add up even if you accept the Russian narrative.
                      Why would he accept the word of the Pentagon over Putin? REMEMBER HOW THEY LIED ABOUT VIETNAM AND STUFF???
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                      Comment

                      • Uncle Ted
                        The Big 12 money shot.
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 28853

                        #2636
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                        You left off the second half of that paragraph:

                        For example, one of the slides said 16,000 to 17,500 Russian soldiers had been killed while Ukraine had suffered as many as 71,500 troop deaths. The Pentagon and other analysts have estimated that Russia has suffered far more casualties, with closer to 200,000 killed and injured, while Ukraine has had more than 100,000 killed and injured.
                        BTW, are these intelligence offers and analysts the same dipsh*ts that claimed that Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation? If so, they are all collectively as smart as a small soap dish.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69696

                          #2637
                          Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

                          BTW, are these intelligence offers and analysts the same dipsh*ts that claimed that Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation? If so, they are all collectively as smart as a small soap dish.
                          #whatabouthunterslaptop?
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69696

                            #2638
                            Well, well, well... It looks like Uncle Ted fell hook, line, and sinker for some poorly executed Russian misinformation with that bogus kill ratio. Lol.

                            In January 2023 Jack Teixeira of the Massachusetts National Guard shared hundreds of classified documents on his Discord server. The Bellingcat investigation revealed the distribution of documents from Teixeira's Discord to 4Chan, Telegram and Twitter. Two versions of the key documents were distributed: one showed that Russian losses far exceeded Ukrainian ones, and the other badly edited version showed the opposite. Belligcat claims that the falsified versions were created by the Telegram channel "Donbass Devushka", but Bils denies this claim.

                            Fox News host Tucker Carlson used the faked version circulated on "Donbass Devushka's" Telegram channel to claim that Ukraine had a 7-to-1 troop loss ratio and is "losing the war" (video). The faked versions were spread by pro-Kremlin propagandists, and "Donbass Devushka" began supporting the well-known Z-channel. In November 2022, The Bell journalists found out that this channel received money from Yevgeny Prigozhin (head pf the PMC "Wagner") and could be linked to the FSB.
                            Full story here. Pretty interesting.

                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • Pelado
                              Bald not naked
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 21139

                              #2639
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Well, well, well... It looks like Uncle Ted fell hook, line, and sinker for some poorly executed Russian misinformation with that bogus kill ratio. Lol.



                              Full story here. Pretty interesting.

                              You don't say?

                              Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              That may be true but what was the ratio in the documents that the Russians photoshopped?
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

                              Comment

                              • Northwestcoug
                                Cocked and Loaded
                                • May 2011
                                • 18021

                                #2640
                                ah well. Well always have Hunter's laptop won't we?
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

                                Comment

                                Working...