2024 Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Omaha 680
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 11181

    #3496
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

    Newsom has a ton of baggage, but he woud obliterate trump in a debate.

    Hell, they may as well run Kamala (). What have they got to lose at this point? Biden is dead in the water.
    I agree he would win the debates by traditional educated standards but he would lose the election.

    Frank I agree far left was probs too harsh. But he is definitely too progressive to beat Trump in the current environment.

    Comment

    • Uncle Ted
      The Big 12 money shot.
      • Apr 2010
      • 28853

      #3497
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      By the way, each of you jokers that pushed back whenever I would say that Biden has dementia owes me an apology.
      Yeah, me too... Come on you jokers.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • Uncle Ted
        The Big 12 money shot.
        • Apr 2010
        • 28853

        #3498
        New Jersey is now a swing state?



        And this poll was taken before the debate.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • Uncle Ted
          The Big 12 money shot.
          • Apr 2010
          • 28853

          #3499
          Behold... the savior of the Dem's presidential bid:



          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • Bo Diddley
            Senior
            • Jul 2012
            • 18789

            #3500
            I'm resigned to having Trump for a second term if Biden doesn't withdraw.

            And apologies to the Dude and Ted if I ever pushed back on the dementia thing with Biden.

            Comment

            • The_Tick
              Made something of myself
              • Nov 2008
              • 7292

              #3501
              I saw somewhere on Twitter tonight, and I can't find it again...but the big problem with replacing Biden on the ticket is that it is basically saying that he doesn't have the cognitive functioning to be the President again in 7 months. But if he doesn't have the intellectual capacity to do it in 7 months, how is anyone supposed to believe that he is able to do it for the next 7 months? Therein lies the problem....

              Comment

              • BigPiney
                Huge Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 12365

                #3502
                Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                I saw somewhere on Twitter tonight, and I can't find it again...but the big problem with replacing Biden on the ticket is that it is basically saying that he doesn't have the cognitive functioning to be the President again in 7 months. But if he doesn't have the intellectual capacity to do it in 7 months, how is anyone supposed to believe that he is able to do it for the next 7 months? Therein lies the problem....
                I still hope he dies from natural causes soon. Trump too.

                Comment

                • Bo Diddley
                  Senior
                  • Jul 2012
                  • 18789

                  #3503
                  Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

                  I still hope he dies from natural causes soon. Trump too.
                  Neither one would shock me.

                  Comment

                  • BigPiney
                    Huge Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 12365

                    #3504
                    I can't stand Newsom. He is a creep.

                    But he is so much smarter than Trump and would destroy him in a debate.

                    He has his sights set on 2028.

                    Comment

                    • PaloAltoCougar
                      Semper infra dignitatem
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 16936

                      #3505
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      By the way, each of you jokers that pushed back whenever I would say that Biden has dementia owes me an apology.
                      I don't think I do... I suspect I owe you multiple apologies, but not for rejecting the view that Biden has dementia. This may get a little too, uh, pedantic or but I think many.conflate senility with dementia, although senility is being replaced by kinder terms like "age-related cognitive decline," something I agree Biden has demonstrated over the past few years, and especially last night. At least in medical circles, dementias include specific diseases like frontotemporal dementia, Lewy Body Disease, vascular dementia (typically resulting from strokes), and of course Alzheimers. Not even Biden's embarrassing performance last night would be strong evidence he has one of the dementias. If he did, he would be that way all the time, and he's not (see, e.g., his conversations with the Smartless hosts and others).

                      I agree Biden is unfit for office and shows pretty significant cognitive and physical decline, though nothing shocking for an octogenarian. I also concede we may be trending toward an imprecise, unnecessarily expansive definition of dementia to cover all forms of cognitive decline, and not just the specific ailments mentioned above. Next thing you know, we'll be confusing simple terms like heuristics and hermeneutics.

                      Comment

                      • Northwestcoug
                        Cocked and Loaded
                        • May 2011
                        • 18017

                        #3506
                        Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

                        I don't think I do... I suspect I owe you multiple apologies, but not for rejecting the view that Biden has dementia. This may get a little too, uh, pedantic or but I think many.conflate senility with dementia, although senility is being replaced by kinder terms like "age-related cognitive decline," something I agree Biden has demonstrated over the past few years, and especially last night. At least in medical circles, dementias include specific diseases like frontotemporal dementia, Lewy Body Disease, vascular dementia (typically resulting from strokes), and of course Alzheimers. Not even Biden's embarrassing performance last night would be strong evidence he has one of the dementias. If he did, he would be that way all the time, and he's not (see, e.g., his conversations with the Smartless hosts and others).

                        I agree Biden is unfit for office and shows pretty significant cognitive and physical decline, though nothing shocking for an octogenarian. I also concede we may be trending toward an imprecise, unnecessarily expansive definition of dementia to cover all forms of cognitive decline, and not just the specific ailments mentioned above. Next thing you know, we'll be confusing simple terms like heuristics and hermeneutics.
                        PAC, you’re going to get blowback from Jeff the armchair neurologist, but I am with you. There is a difference between senility and dementia. Biden”s flubs in the debate were Not diagnostic of dementia. He was correcting himself when he misspoke. He had realized many times when he misspoke. I think you can chalk up most of his fumbles to a mix of senility appropriate to his age, nervousness about having to have a great debate performance, and background stuttering.

                        Stand strong PAC!
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

                        Comment

                        • Shaka
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 10449

                          #3507
                          The election is going to turn into a huge mess for the Democrats. I don't think Biden steps down. If they can somehow force him or induce a stroke you still have to get candidates certified in all the states. Unfortunately, that will not be easy because a bunch of certification deadlines have passed. There will be massive pushback and lawsuits filed if the Dems try to change or circumvent the certification rules. One thing they could do is try to slide Kennedy into the nomination but he probably isn't certified in enough states. However, Kennedy may qualify for the next debate if enough Democrats switch from Biden and he gets a bump.

                          Comment

                          • Omaha 680
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2011
                            • 11181

                            #3508
                            Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

                            I still hope he dies from natural causes soon. Trump too.
                            Welcome to the fold. I have been on team both candidates die since 2016.

                            Comment

                            • Maximus
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 6017

                              #3509
                              Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              The election is going to turn into a huge mess for the Democrats. I don't think Biden steps down. If they can somehow force him or induce a stroke you still have to get candidates certified in all the states. Unfortunately, that will not be easy because a bunch of certification deadlines have passed. There will be massive pushback and lawsuits filed if the Dems try to change or circumvent the certification rules. One thing they could do is try to slide Kennedy into the nomination but he probably isn't certified in enough states. However, Kennedy may qualify for the next debate if enough Democrats switch from Biden and he gets a bump.
                              I think theyd want someone competent.

                              Comment

                              • Pelado
                                Bald not naked
                                • Sep 2010
                                • 21139

                                #3510
                                Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

                                Welcome to the fold. I have been on team both candidates die since 2016.
                                We have so much in common!
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

                                Comment

                                Working...