2024 Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Northwestcoug
    Cocked and Loaded
    • May 2011
    • 18029

    #3541
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

    Good heavens. What part of my post suggested that people shouldn't push back and give him grief from time to time? I enjoy teasing him and mocking his not-so-implicitly pro-Putin and pro-trump takes. Believe me, he doesn't ever get under my skin.

    You know another thing about Uncle Ted? He takes a ton of angry pushback here and with only very rare exceptions does he let it bother him. We should all have such thick skin.
    Good heavens?!?! Someone needs thick skin around here.

    Look, I've no doubt Ted really is a good guy. But there's a reason why he gets a bunch of 'angry' pushback here and why others just ignore his posts. It's because when people respond to him in good faith, he never does it in kind. He just posts something else that never relates to what the person said. Lather, rinse, and repeat. Go a few rounds with him like this and then yeah, it gets annoying. Witness PAC and his patience of Job at times.

    If that's Ted's shtick fine. We all have shticks here. I'm the pron apologist for crying out loud. I just hope the majority of my time spent here is not the caricature of me. But if that's what Ted is going for that's fine. I'm not worried about his feelings, and I don't think he's worried about ours. I think he's fine with most of us tuning out anyways.

    Originally posted by Copelius View Post

    I will give everyone the nod; that you are all both smarter AND more successful than me.
    Hey thanks! I feel my candle already burning brighter.

    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

    Comment

    • Uncle Ted
      The Big 12 money shot.
      • Apr 2010
      • 28853

      #3542
      Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      Biden isn’t dropping out voluntarily and hand picking a nominee in his place would be a certain loss for the Dems. It wouldn’t go over well at all with many, especially if they pick a white male over Kamala.

      The Democratic Party has made their bed. They changed the primary order just so Biden wouldn’t have the same troubles he had in 2020 and then didn’t allow for an open primary.
      If Grandpa Joe drops out the only choices the Dems have are Mamala and RJK, Jr. RJK is really the only other Dem candidate to receive votes in the primaries. The Dems are all jumping up and down saying they are the only party that believes in democracy. If they pick any one else they will be a bunch of hypocrites.

      If Mamala is not at least the VP candidate then the Dems can kiss a lot more of the minority vote goodbye. Of course, the Dems know they can’t just run Mamala as their candidate. She polls significantly worse against Trump.

      So the choices are Grandpa Joe/Mamala or RJKjr. Right now the Grandpa Joe presidency is looking at lot like the Wilson presidency after he had a stoke and his wife kept him locked up in his bedroom to hide the fact he was half paralyzed and brain dead. Unless the Dems go with RJKjr their only chance to keep the White House without splitting the party is to have Jill Biden keep Grandpa Joe from wondering off and crapping his paints long enough to win the re-election (which is looking less likely every day). Then Grandpa Joe can go quietly off into night and Mamala can take over.

      if I were the Dems I would seriously consider option 2, RJK Jr, brain worms and all.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • Uncle Ted
        The Big 12 money shot.
        • Apr 2010
        • 28853

        #3543
        It seems that the only way the Dems can keep the secret that Grandpa Joe is losing his mind is to keep him pumped up with adderall and some of hunter’s cocaine then put him in front of a teleprompter with Jill Biden at his side to keep him from fall down the stairs. Of course, he can only read what is on the teleprompter and exactly what is on the teleprompter even then... I am sure the Hur tapes would confirm this so this which is why the Biden administration has blocked their release. Hur has already basically confirmed this when stated that Biden is an old man and, therefore, really couldn’t be put on trial for all those top secret documents he carelessly threw into garage as the vice president. In short, Grandpa Joe is in a state where he is really incapable of thinking for himself.



        Because of our stupid two party system we don’t have a lot of choices. Therefore, I will again vote someone that doesn’t have a chance as a protest vote.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69717

          #3544
          Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          Good heavens?!?! Someone needs thick skin around here.

          Look, I've no doubt Ted really is a good guy. But there's a reason why he gets a bunch of 'angry' pushback here and why others just ignore his posts. It's because when people respond to him in good faith, he never does it in kind. He just posts something else that never relates to what the person said. Lather, rinse, and repeat. Go a few rounds with him like this and then yeah, it gets annoying. Witness PAC and his patience of Job at times.

          If that's Ted's shtick fine. We all have shticks here. I'm the pron apologist for crying out loud. I just hope the majority of my time spent here is not the caricature of me. But if that's what Ted is going for that's fine. I'm not worried about his feelings, and I don't think he's worried about ours. I think he's fine with most of us tuning out anyways.

          Hey thanks! I feel my candle already burning brighter.
          Getting upset because a professional shit-poster doesn't sincerely engage your earnest response is kind of dumb. That's the whole point.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Northwestcoug
            Cocked and Loaded
            • May 2011
            • 18029

            #3545
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

            Getting upset because a professional shit-poster doesn't sincerely engage your earnest response is kind of dumb. That's the whole point.
            True. But if that’s all Ted is doing here then let’s not laud the thickness of his skin. The annoyance and pushback kind of comes with the territory.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

            Comment

            • Maximus
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 6023

              #3546
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

              Good heavens. What part of my post suggested that people shouldn't push back and give him grief from time to time? I enjoy teasing him and mocking his not-so-implicitly pro-Putin and pro-trump takes. Believe me, he doesn't ever get under my skin.

              You know another thing about Uncle Ted? He takes a ton of angry pushback here and with only very rare exceptions does he let it bother him. We should all have such thick skin.
              Something something messenger

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69717

                #3547
                Well, it seems crystal clear that both the Biden campaign and democratic leadership have zero intention of doing the right thing and having Biden drop out. We are officially screwed.

                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • Northwestcoug
                  Cocked and Loaded
                  • May 2011
                  • 18029

                  #3548
                  This is the likely scenario for the next few months:



                  This is going to rival the run up to the 2020 election for sheer WTF moments.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

                  Comment

                  • USUC
                    Chronic Poseur
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 8795

                    #3549
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Well, it seems crystal clear that both the Biden campaign and democratic leadership have zero intention of doing the right thing and having Biden drop out. We are officially screwed.

                    What a godsend for Trump. The focus will now almost entirely be on Biden's mental fitness instead of Trump's authoritarian impulses. Trump can just keep his head down now.

                    Comment

                    • Uncle Ted
                      The Big 12 money shot.
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 28853

                      #3550
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Well, it seems crystal clear that both the Biden campaign and democratic leadership have zero intention of doing the right thing and having Biden drop out. We are officially screwed.

                      Maybe not...

                      Historian who predicted 9 of the last 10 election results says Democrats shouldn't drop Joe Biden

                      Allan Lichtman, the historian who has correctly forecast the results of nine out of the 10 most recent presidential elections argued on Saturday that replacing President Joe Biden could cost Democrats the 2024 election.

                      Lichtman, a professor at American University, rejected the growing chorus of political pundits and Democratic activists who have called on Biden, 81, to bow out of the presidential race after his disastrous debate performance last week against former President Donald Trump. The pivotal moment brought fresh questions about Biden’s age and ability to serve a second term.
                      [...]
                      “Debate performances can be overcome,” he said. “At the first sign of adversity the spineless Democrats want to throw under the bus, their own incumbent president. My goodness.”

                      Lichtman has not made his final prediction for who will win the 2024 presidential election.


                      (FYI, the one Lichtman missed was selecting Gore over Bush... but folks are still debating who won that one.)

                      But the MSM didn't get this memo...


                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • Uncle Ted
                        The Big 12 money shot.
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 28853

                        #3551
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        By the way, each of you jokers that pushed back whenever I would say that Biden has dementia owes me an apology.
                        No apology coming from Dr. Pelosi... Grandpa Joe doesn't have dementia. It's Trump that has dementia!


                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69717

                          #3552
                          NBC a tool of the republican elites? That’s a hilarious notion.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69717

                            #3553
                            Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

                            No apology coming from Dr. Pelosi... Grandpa Joe doesn't have dementia. It's Trump that has dementia!

                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • Color Me Badd Fan
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 12519

                              #3554
                              My brother, who's psychiatrist, says there's Lewy body dementia possibility here, along with dementia, Alzheimers, a combination with Parkinsons, etc. If there is ANY possibility of Lewy body, then the 25th Amendment needs to be invoked ASAP. We have VP and she can serve a purpose here.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                              Comment

                              • Jeff Lebowski
                                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 69717

                                #3555
                                Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                                My brother, who's psychiatrist, says there's Lewy body dementia possibility here, along with dementia, Alzheimers, a combination with Parkinsons, etc. If there is ANY possibility of Lewy body, then the 25th Amendment needs to be invoked ASAP. We have VP and she can serve a purpose here.
                                Well, you don’t say…
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                                Comment

                                Working...