2011 BYU Football Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sizzle
    #ThisIsY
    • Nov 2008
    • 9004

    #1576
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Amen.

    It seemed like he missed more than he made on Saturday.
    In his defense most of the misses were from 45+ yards. But I agree his accuracy needs some work.

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #1577
      Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
      In his defense most of the misses were from 45+ yards. But I agree his accuracy needs some work.
      You are right. I think there has been so much hype surrounding this kid going back several years ago when he was in HS that the unrealistic expectation on him is that he should be hitting 50 yard FGs with ease.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • oxcoug
        Dolphins Rape Hipsters
        • Dec 2009
        • 5309

        #1578
        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        You are right. I think there has been so much hype surrounding this kid going back several years ago when he was in HS that the unrealistic expectation on him is that he should be hitting 50 yard FGs with ease.
        As a former placekicker/WR I can comment authoritatively on the unrealistic expectations that come with the ability to kick the sh** out of the ball. During my one year kicking campaign (that started one month before the season when our actual kicker moved and the coach realized I was the only "soccer guy" on the team) I was 2/3 on FGs from the very realistic 20-30 yard range, but only 1/3 on the challenging 30-35 yard range and 0/1 on an absurdly difficult 37 yard attempt.

        I did nail a 42 yard attempt in practice one time. After that singular success I failed to nail a variety of other attempts.
        Last edited by oxcoug; 08-16-2011, 06:17 AM.
        Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

        It can't all be wedding cake.

        Comment

        • Surfah
          Where's Wallace?
          • Nov 2008
          • 33726

          #1579
          Is anyone at practice today?
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

          Comment

          • Art Vandelay
            Striving for mediocrity
            • Jul 2009
            • 10516

            #1580
            Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
            I did nail a 42 yo in practice one time. After that singular success I failed to nail a variety of other attempts.
            How many times can we here the same stories? Save it for wuap's bedroom.

            Comment

            • oxcoug
              Dolphins Rape Hipsters
              • Dec 2009
              • 5309

              #1581
              Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
              How many times can we here the same stories? Save it for wuap's bedroom.
              I have them on roughly a 3-month cycle. So about 4x annually until the end of time.
              Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

              It can't all be wedding cake.

              Comment

              • BemidjiCoug
                Junior Member
                • Jun 2011
                • 466

                #1582
                Ox, keep the high school stories coming.

                As a former high school football player and coach, I can attest to kicking field goals becoming a distraction at practices (much like the situation with Sorenson).

                Once, as a player our coaches were putting us though a pretty intense conditioning exercise we called "the carnival" when they gave us a proposal; if our 5'7" 370 pound NT could make an extra point that they would stop conditioning. If he missed we would have to do an extra round of "the carnival". Or we could just continue the conditioning.

                Of course, we took the deal. We figured it would at least give us some time to rest. I was on the extra point team, and I distinctly remember everyone hitting the ground as he went to kick the ball. He lined up about 3 yards away from the holder and strait on.

                He booted it right though the uprights and we attempted to carry him off the field. We spent the rest of the practice attempting to find out what his range was (not a productive use of practice time, but a great memory that made me love football, my coaches, and teammates even more). If I remember correctly he booted a 35 yarder, but couldn't hit anything unless it was strait on.

                Beat that Justin Sorenson.
                Last edited by BemidjiCoug; 08-16-2011, 10:09 AM.

                Comment

                • MarkGrace
                  Grooveshark dick tease
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 31546

                  #1583
                  None of you can kick field goals like Landry Clark. Fact.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                  Comment

                  • BemidjiCoug
                    Junior Member
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 466

                    #1584
                    Originally posted by BemidjiCoug View Post
                    our 5'7" 370 pound NT
                    On a side note, he would also rock the Riley Nelson look at practice. I believe this was because we didn't have a practice jersey that could fit over his enormous belly. Not because, as in Riley's case, he was attempting to attract men.

                    Comment

                    • MarkGrace
                      Grooveshark dick tease
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 31546

                      #1585
                      Just saw Pritchard's injury on True Blue. Damn, that was ugly.
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                      Comment

                      • oxcoug
                        Dolphins Rape Hipsters
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 5309

                        #1586
                        Heaps has Bieber fever.

                        "I have Bieber fever. I have Bieber fever big-time. He's a very talented artist."

                        I thought of suppressing the quote but I knew Utes would get a hold of it eventually and I figure it's best if we get out in front of it.
                        Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

                        It can't all be wedding cake.

                        Comment

                        • SCcoug
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 7625

                          #1587
                          Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
                          Heaps has Bieber fever.

                          "I have Bieber fever. I have Bieber fever big-time. He's a very talented artist."

                          I thought of suppressing the quote but I knew Utes would get a hold of it eventually and I figure it's best if we get out in front of it.

                          Comment

                          • Commando
                            Explosivo
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 20748

                            #1588
                            Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
                            Heaps has Bieber fever.

                            "I have Bieber fever. I have Bieber fever big-time. He's a very talented artist."

                            I thought of suppressing the quote but I knew Utes would get a hold of it eventually and I figure it's best if we get out in front of it.
                            I think Heaps is smart to put out this kind of reverse-bulletin board material. It will also be a real permanent blow to Utah's morale when they get stung by a kid who's got the Bieber fever.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                            Comment

                            • ERCougar
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 10978

                              #1589
                              Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
                              Heaps has Bieber fever.

                              "I have Bieber fever. I have Bieber fever big-time. He's a very talented artist."

                              I thought of suppressing the quote but I knew Utes would get a hold of it eventually and I figure it's best if we get out in front of it.
                              Did anyone see the celebrity basketball game I think during all star weekend? I watched for a few minutes and saw him pull a nice little crossover and then pull up a drain a 3. He's a baller.
                              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                              Comment

                              • TripletDaddy
                                sweet triple
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 58186

                                #1590
                                Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
                                Heaps has Bieber fever.

                                "I have Bieber fever. I have Bieber fever big-time. He's a very talented artist."

                                I thought of suppressing the quote but I knew Utes would get a hold of it eventually and I figure it's best if we get out in front of it.
                                Sorry Jake. You're not Selena gomez!
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...