The PAC 10 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blueintheface
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 15382

    #2296
    Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    As someone that lived in the bay area for more than half my life, I know lots of Cal and Stanford fans that are not happy right now.
    Ute fans need only peruse the PAC boards to see how they are accepted. I hope non-LDS Ute fans know the definition of irony.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

    Comment

    • Jarid in Cedar
      CS Institutional Memory
      • Jun 2009
      • 13234

      #2297
      Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
      Ute fans need only peruse the PAC boards to see how they are accepted. I hope non-LDS Ute fans know the definition of irony.


      Pretty well I would say.
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

      -Rick Majerus

      Comment

      • cougjunkie
        *Banned*
        • Nov 2008
        • 23223

        #2298
        Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
        But, if your goal is 12 teams, who do you get instead?
        If Utah and Colorado were the only rumored teams from the beginning then people would be indifferent. But when you had Texas, Oklahoma, etc. on the cusp of joining your conference and you end up with Colorado and Utah its a bit of a kick in the nuts.

        Reminds me of this scene from Friday: [YOUTUBE]WmwVcIFrgw8[/YOUTUBE]
        *Banned*

        Comment

        • Blueintheface
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 15382

          #2299
          Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
          Lol. Come on, JIC. 'Since I'm on your site I'll slap your back but come to my board and one of your wives better be hot'. CJ was right about Ute fans complete hypocrisy in this whole thing.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

          Comment

          • SeattleUte
            Faith crisis consultant
            • Nov 2008
            • 20837

            #2300
            Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            Upon reflection, and as a lifelong Cal fan, I see the addition of Colorado and Utah to the PAC-10 as being the worst value-add for a franchise since Jar Jar Binks.
            You too? No dignity. So now we see, they'd have to drag you too weeping and raging to the guillotine. You sound like this:

            Originally posted by MikeWaters View Post
            This is a great day for BYU fans.

            It marks the beginning of the end of our interaction with Ute fans.

            Little brother finally moved away, found a job, and is starting his own family.

            No more stupid "Holy War" games. All that fake outrage crap of that faux rivalry is dissolving away.

            All these Ute fans will slink away to boards of their replacement rivals, whoever that might be. Washington State. Colorado.

            It's like having a giant blood-sucking tick removed from your ass. Sit down and relax friend, we are free of these maggots once and for all! FREE AT LAST! FREE AT LAST!
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

            --Jonathan Swift

            Comment

            • falafel
              loves to talk on things
              • Mar 2009
              • 37996

              #2301
              Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
              Lol congrats from Rutgers, UCF and Arizona.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

              Dig your own grave, and save!

              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • ERCougar
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 10978

                #2302
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                You too? No dignity. So now we see, they'd have to drag you too weeping and raging to the guillotine. You sound like this:
                I love MikeWaters...

                Can we just call this cougarforum now? cougaruteforum is just awkward.
                At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                Comment

                • KillerDog
                  a.k.a. K-dog
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 4196

                  #2303
                  New news:

                  Utah and the Pac couldn't finalize terms early enough for the vote today. There are a few issues still out there. They believe they will have a vote at 7:30 tomorrow and then a dog and pony show at 3:30 with everyone invited. Right now all is a go. Only concern is the disgust the Pac, particularly Cal, has with BYU. Cal representatives expressed that they would have rather left the Pac-10 than let BYU in because of the religious issues they have with BYU. It is possible that if Cal finds out how LDS the U really is, they may dig in their heels.

                  The condition regarding expansion of the stadium by 20K is confirmed. The North stands would need $100 mil. because of the road and the renovation of the field house but the south stands already have the foundation to support the new seats.

                  The U made a condition that they would be allowed to schedule BYU whenever they wanted in the season (similar to USC/ND scheduling). So far, the Pac is very, very happy with the product they are getting.

                  Comment

                  • SeattleUte
                    Faith crisis consultant
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 20837

                    #2304
                    Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                    New news:

                    Utah and the Pac couldn't finalize terms early enough for the vote today. There are a few issues still out there. They believe they will have a vote at 7:30 tomorrow and then a dog and pony show at 3:30 with everyone invited. Right now all is a go. Only concern is the disgust the Pac, particularly Cal, has with BYU. Cal representatives expressed that they would have rather left the Pac-10 than let BYU in because of the religious issues they have with BYU. It is possible that if Cal finds out how LDS the U really is, they may dig in their heels.

                    The condition regarding expansion of the stadium by 20K is confirmed. The North stands would need $100 mil. because of the road and the renovation of the field house but the south stands already have the foundation to support the new seats.

                    The U made a condition that they would be allowed to schedule BYU whenever they wanted in the season (similar to USC/ND scheduling). So far, the Pac is very, very happy with the product they are getting.
                    I tried to help you all. I tried to tell you this. I said it ten years ago on CB and everyone hooted at me. I tried to help BYU, God knows.
                    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                    --Jonathan Swift

                    Comment

                    • Blueintheface
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 15382

                      #2305
                      Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                      The U made a condition that they would be allowed to schedule BYU whenever they wanted in the season (similar to USC/ND scheduling). So far, the Pac is very, very happy with the product bitch they are getting.
                      FIFY
                      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                      "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                      Comment

                      • Blueintheface
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 15382

                        #2306
                        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                        I tried to help you all. I tried to tell you this. I said it ten years ago on CB and everyone hooted at me. I tried to help BYU, God knows.
                        'Help' as in a mass temple-recommend burning? It's not about softening stances or removing appearances, what you or anyone suggested 10 years ago was irrelevant and wouldn't have mattered 30 years ago.
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                        "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                        Comment

                        • Rickomatic
                          Junior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 617

                          #2307
                          The PAC 12 is getting a sweet deal with Utah. Good thing CU brings things down a bit.

                          Comment

                          • KillerDog
                            a.k.a. K-dog
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 4196

                            #2308
                            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                            I tried to help you all. I tried to tell you this. I said it ten years ago on CB and everyone hooted at me. I tried to help BYU, God knows.
                            I think everyone was aware of the hatred BYU was receiving from those who are supposedly tolerant. BYU, as an organization, would rather be itself and hated than something else and loved. You should just hope the Pac doesn't realize how "cheek by jowl" these two schools really are. The RFI didn't ask about Institute, maybe it should have.

                            Comment

                            • SeattleUte
                              Faith crisis consultant
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 20837

                              #2309
                              Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                              I think everyone was aware of the hatred BYU was receiving from those who are supposedly tolerant. BYU, as an organization, would rather be itself and hated than something else and loved. You should just hope the Pac doesn't realize how "cheek by jowl" these two schools really are. The RFI didn't ask about Institute, maybe it should have.
                              lol
                              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                              --Jonathan Swift

                              Comment

                              • MartyFunkhouser
                                Disciple of RNGesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 18762

                                #2310
                                Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                                As someone that lived in the bay area for more than half my life, I know lots of Cal and Stanford fans that are not happy right now.
                                Who gives a shit, we are getting paid.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

                                Comment

                                Working...