The PAC 10 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LA Ute
    Receiver of Memory
    • Nov 2008
    • 19512

    #3046
    Originally posted by Jacob View Post
    Do us a favor and call your television provider and ask them to show P12 games on TV. Please.
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden


    "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #3047
      Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
      Don't stop him. He is on a roll. (I was just looking at the week matchups, and didn't see the dates)

      Sounds like a fun game, but I hate watching football in baseball parks.
      It WILL be a fun game! :rockon2:
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • NorthwestUteFan
        אלוף
        • Oct 2010
        • 3384

        #3048
        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        It WILL be a fun game! :rockon2:
        Post pictures! The following week the Utes also play at the ATT.

        Comment

        • Jarid in Cedar
          CS Institutional Memory
          • Jun 2009
          • 13234

          #3049
          Originally posted by Jacob View Post
          Do us a favor and call your television provider and ask them to show P12 games on TV. Please.
          why would I call and ask them to televise BYU-Osu?
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

          "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

          "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

          -Rick Majerus

          Comment

          • cougjunkie
            *Banned*
            • Nov 2008
            • 23223

            #3050
            Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
            Post pictures! The following week the Utes also play at the ATT.
            I wonder if they will put both teams on the same sidelines like they do for bowl games at ATT.
            *Banned*

            Comment

            • Jarid in Cedar
              CS Institutional Memory
              • Jun 2009
              • 13234

              #3051
              Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              I wonder if they will put both teams on the same sidelines like they do for bowl games at ATT.
              I am going so I will let you know
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

              "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

              "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

              -Rick Majerus

              Comment

              • Hot Lunch
                Out of Office
                • Nov 2008
                • 7842

                #3052
                Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                I wonder if they will put both teams on the same sidelines like they do for bowl games at ATT.
                I heard an interview with someone associated with the Cal program over the summer that said they weren't going to. That they were making a couple of adjustments with the stadium to allow both teams to have their own sidelines.
                "Take it to the Bank"

                Comment

                • cougjunkie
                  *Banned*
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 23223

                  #3053
                  Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                  I heard an interview with someone associated with the Cal program over the summer that said they weren't going to. That they were making a couple of adjustments with the stadium to allow both teams to have their own sidelines.
                  Well don't eff up the field of the defending world champs.
                  *Banned*

                  Comment

                  • Portland Ute
                    Junior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 5647

                    #3054
                    Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                    We were told over and over again that all P12 football games would not only be on TV, but that they would all be on national TV. P12 tv deal is no better than the mountain so far. Searching for games in the 600 channels and not televising others? Lame.
                    Don't ever change your avatar.

                    Comment

                    • Flattop
                      Many books, little time
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 1452

                      #3055
                      Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
                      It could be worse. When the Utes pounded Oregon on the road 34-16 in 1994 the game wasn't even on the radio in SLC, and the news could barely scrape together 6 seconds worth of video highlights.
                      Actually, I'm pretty sure I listened to that game on the radio.
                      Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                      Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                      Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

                      Comment

                      • Brother of Jared
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2012
                        • 14

                        #3056
                        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                        I have a theory that expansion rumors always turn out to be true except when they involve BYU. Does anyone have facts to refute this? (No doubt you can guess my theory for why BYU would be the exception. Of course your experience in 1994 constitutes solid facts supporting this part of the theory.)
                        Wow, SeattleUte, how prophetic. April 22, 2010. Good call.

                        Comment

                        • Brother of Jared
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2012
                          • 14

                          #3057
                          Originally posted by The Notorious J.I.C. View Post
                          Big 12 stays intact. BYU is a shoe in (IMO) for one of the 2 slots.
                          LOL! A shoe in after the Big 12 has offered Louisville, West Virginia, and probably several others.

                          Comment

                          • SeattleUte
                            Faith crisis consultant
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 20837

                            #3058
                            This is one of the greatest threads ever. It's worth a look. (Imagine what it could have been had 3D not been on self-imposed ban. Was it because he like me sensed onset of the groundswell?)
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                            --Jonathan Swift

                            Comment

                            • Mormon Red Death
                              BYU Delenda Est
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 8077

                              #3059
                              Since the Big10 is getting bigger and the SEC is getting bigger does the Pac12 make another run at Texas and Oklahoma?
                              "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

                              "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

                              Comment

                              • Coach McGuirk
                                1
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 12109

                                #3060
                                Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                                Since the Big10 is getting bigger and the SEC is getting bigger does the Pac12 make another run at Texas and Oklahoma?

                                They can't. There is no money there for at least 10 years.

                                Comment

                                Working...