The PAC 10 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hostile
    lollygagger
    • Dec 2009
    • 5736

    #2311
    Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    Who gives a shit, we are getting paid.
    Exactly. I've lived in SLC for most of my life. I know a lot of BYU fans who aren't very happy now, either. You can't please everyone.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

    "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

    Comment

    • SeattleUte
      Faith crisis consultant
      • Nov 2008
      • 20837

      #2312
      Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      Who gives a shit, we are getting paid.
      Funny how Cal and Stanford's regents and presidents seem to disagree with all these people.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

      --Jonathan Swift

      Comment

      • PaloAltoCougar
        Semper infra dignitatem
        • Nov 2008
        • 16936

        #2313
        Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
        Who gives a shit, we are getting paid.
        I agree with both junkie's observation and your reaction, for such would be mine if BYU had gotten the invite (which, channeling my inner SU, I've been saying wouldn't happen for many years now).

        Comment

        • ERCougar
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 10978

          #2314
          Back to my earlier post...
          if the Utes have announced their departure, why doesn't Thompson finalize this? Make a call to Scott and have him delay (it's in Scott's interest to negotiate with a homeless Utah) until things are finalized. Crappy terms offered is his only chance to have Utah crawling back (and really, not much of a chance of that).
          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

          Comment

          • hostile
            lollygagger
            • Dec 2009
            • 5736

            #2315
            Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
            I think everyone was aware of the hatred BYU was receiving from those who are supposedly tolerant. BYU, as an organization, would rather be itself and hated than something else and loved. You should just hope the Pac doesn't realize how "cheek by jowl" these two schools really are. The RFI didn't ask about Institute, maybe it should have.
            Didn't Cal have an LDS president several years ago, David Gardner? Maybe Cal doesn't hate mormons, just BYU.
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

            "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

            Comment

            • Jarid in Cedar
              CS Institutional Memory
              • Jun 2009
              • 13234

              #2316
              Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
              Back to my earlier post...
              if the Utes have announced their departure, why doesn't Thompson finalize this? Make a call to Scott and have him delay (it's in Scott's interest to negotiate with a homeless Utah) until things are finalized. Crappy terms offered is his only chance to have Utah crawling back.
              Given that you aren't willing to risk $500 I suggest you





              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

              "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

              "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

              -Rick Majerus

              Comment

              • creekster
                It is NOT a monkey!
                • Nov 2008
                • 22661

                #2317
                Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                Who gives a shit, we are getting paid.
                SU does. He thinks that Utah is on the mountain top. Far from it. All of the old blues (cal fans) I have spoken to hate the idea of Utah/colo coming in, would prefer BYU to Utah OR colo as a sports program, but wont take it due to its other issues, and so they see this as holding their noses and having to go to SLC for games. It will be a good long while before Utah is really accepted. Like I said elsewhere, a lot of these Pac-10 types stil pine for the Pac-8.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                Comment

                • Jarid in Cedar
                  CS Institutional Memory
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 13234

                  #2318
                  Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                  Lol. Come on, JIC. 'Since I'm on your site I'll slap your back but come to my board and one of your wives better be hot'. CJ was right about Ute fans complete hypocrisy in this whole thing.
                  This one is better



                  Scroll down and read PokemSooners reply.
                  "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                  "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                  "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                  -Rick Majerus

                  Comment

                  • cougjunkie
                    *Banned*
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 23223

                    #2319
                    Originally posted by hostile View Post
                    Didn't Cal have an LDS president several years ago, David Gardner? Maybe Cal doesn't hate mormons, just BYU.
                    They also had Tom Holmoe as a head coach who left the team in shambles and on probation, they have good reason to hate mormons.
                    *Banned*

                    Comment

                    • DU Ute
                      RIP CUF
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 7393

                      #2320
                      Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      SU does. He thinks that Utah is on the mountain top. Far from it. All of the old blues (cal fans) I have spoken to hate the idea of Utah/colo coming in, would prefer BYU to Utah OR colo as a sports program, but wont take it due to its other issues, and so they see this as holding their noses and having to go to SLC for games. It will be a good long while before Utah is really accepted. Like I said elsewhere, a lot of these Pac-10 types stil pine for the Pac-8.
                      As opposed to going to Salt Lake and driving down to Provo for games?
                      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                      Comment

                      • hostile
                        lollygagger
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 5736

                        #2321
                        Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                        They also had Tom Holmoe as a head coach who left the team in shambles and on probation, they have good reason to hate mormons.
                        And then he went to BYU - there is a connection.
                        "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                        "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                        Comment

                        • Blueintheface
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 15382

                          #2322
                          Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                          I hate you. I really hate you for making me laugh on this the day of my little brother's wedding.
                          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                          Comment

                          • KillerDog
                            a.k.a. K-dog
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 4196

                            #2323
                            Originally posted by hostile View Post
                            Didn't Cal have an LDS president several years ago, David Gardner? Maybe Cal doesn't hate mormons, just BYU.
                            Clear sign of a bigot is when they defend their bigotry by saying, "I'm not a bigot, one of my best friends is a _______."

                            Comment

                            • hostile
                              lollygagger
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 5736

                              #2324
                              Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                              Clear sign of a bigot is when they defend their bigotry by saying, "I'm not a bigot, one of my best friends is a _______."
                              True.
                              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                              "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                              Comment

                              • cougjunkie
                                *Banned*
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 23223

                                #2325
                                Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                                Biggest day in Utah sports history and all you guys can talk about is BYU? Speaks volumes.
                                *Banned*

                                Comment

                                Working...