The PAC 10 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69696

    #4546
    Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    SDSU is reaping what it has sowed. The San Diego Union Tribune has a pretty good summary of the different letters that have gone back and forth:

    https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...n-distribution

    The first letter the Aztecs sent contains the wording:



    The comments section on that article is pretty funny. People repeating the mantra "intending to resign is not the same as resigning". Now the lawyers are getting involved and will haggle over the whether the phrase "formally notice that San Diego State University intends to resign" was an actual resignation or not.

    No matter the outcome, the entertainment value is great.
    This truth bomb got a big response. lol.

    Can we get real? SDSU in terms of viewers was bad. There's a reason the invite never showed up. SDSU Basketball had the lowest recorded National Championship viewership in 50 years. They rank 83rd in football viewership behind 4 other MW schools 2 of which had losing regular season records. Media executives know this. Worst part is, the Pac is so moronic, always have been, they look at a market where even the NFL cut it's losses. If the Pac was smart, they would grab CSU to hold colorado and Boise State to help hold Oregon and Washington. Both those schools are immeasurably more viewer friendly and market fresh than SDSU. The southern California market simply does not care about sdsu. Sdsu basketball, talented or not just pales in value compared to Boise State Football. It's not even close.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • Moliere
      One man.....one pie
      • Oct 2009
      • 27878

      #4547


      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

      Comment

      • myboynoah
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 21719

        #4548
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

        For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

        Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69696

          #4549
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

          Lol. Another master class in hubris/arrogance.

          Hey, you willing to put some money down on this? How about a $100 bet? If the P12 gets a new media deal and stays intact with no defections, I venmo you $100. If one or more teams defect from the P12, you venmo me $100. Deadline = June 30. If nothing happens by then, we revisit the bet. What do you say? I could even go $200 if you want.
          So the deadline has passed. Nobody won the bet, but the P12 still doesn't have a media deal. I deserve at least a partial SUwish for that.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Applejack
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2012
            • 3813

            #4550
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

            So the deadline has passed. Nobody won the bet, but the P12 still doesn't have a media deal. I deserve at least a partial SUwish for that.
            Has the first shoe dropped?? I've been assured thru the last 100 pages of this thread that Az/co/uw/Oregon/asu are days away from announcing that they are out. Where is uncle Ted to clear this up!

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69696

              #4551
              Originally posted by Applejack View Post

              Has the first shoe dropped?? I've been assured thru the last 100 pages of this thread that Az/co/uw/Oregon/asu are days away from announcing that they are out. Where is uncle Ted to clear this up!
              Just out of curiosity I went back exactly 100 pages and found this gem:

              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              This is one of the greatest threads ever. It's worth a look. (Imagine what it could have been had 3D not been on self-imposed ban. Was it because he like me sensed onset of the groundswell?)
              Lol.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • Uncle Ted
                The Big 12 money shot.
                • Apr 2010
                • 28853

                #4552
                Hey, I have been on vacation. What’s the latest on the PAC 12-2 media deal?

                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69696

                  #4553
                  Uncle Ted!! Dang it, man. That must’ve been one heck of a vacation. Welcome back.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • Applejack
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2012
                    • 3813

                    #4554
                    Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    Hey, I have been on vacation. What’s the latest on the PAC 12-2 media deal?
                    What?!? You missed all the action!! Like the time when Colorado left for the BIGXII, and the time when AZ left for the BIGXII, and the time when Oregon and Washington were both "Cleared" to join the BIG10, and the time when the PAC was forced to extend invites to SDSU, SMU, CSU, and UNLV (with Fresno waiting in the wings), and the time when the media deal was announced and the numbers were WAY below/above the BIGXII.

                    As usual, we have Twitter-famous folks to thank for the breaking news.

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69696

                      #4555
                      Originally posted by Applejack View Post

                      What?!? You missed all the action!! Like the time when Colorado left for the BIGXII, and the time when AZ left for the BIGXII, and the time when Oregon and Washington were both "Cleared" to join the BIG10, and the time when the PAC was forced to extend invites to SDSU, SMU, CSU, and UNLV (with Fresno waiting in the wings), and the time when the media deal was announced and the numbers were WAY below/above the BIGXII.

                      As usual, we have Twitter-famous folks to thank for the breaking news.
                      The variety of coping mechanisms that Ute fans have invented for this saga has been amazing to watch.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • Uncle Ted
                        The Big 12 money shot.
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 28853

                        #4556
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Uncle Ted!! Dang it, man. That must’ve been one heck of a vacation. Welcome back.
                        Well, there is a house move in there too.



                        What do they mean they are perplexed? The possibilities are almost limitless...







                        440px-Telemundo_logo_2018.svg.png






                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • Uncle Ted
                          The Big 12 money shot.
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 28853

                          #4557
                          First, no Pac 12-2 media deal announcement and now this this...



                          The good news is that the current Pac 12 media deal doesn't expire until next July so plenty of time to get this worked out.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69696

                            #4558
                            Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            First, no Pac 12-2 media deal announcement and now this this...

                            The good news is that the current Pac 12 media deal doesn't expire until next July so plenty of time to get this worked out.
                            Jon Wilner assured us that the July P12 meetings were the final, drop-dead date by which a deal must be reached it is armageddon for the P12. And of course he is changing his tune now.

                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • Applejack
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2012
                              • 3813

                              #4559
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                              Jon Wilner assured us that the July P12 meetings were the final, drop-dead date by which a deal must be reached it is armageddon for the P12. And of course he is changing his tune now.

                              Isn't it obvious that all these "writers" (Dennis Dodd, Jon Wilner, Jason Scheer, that weird dude from DC, that crazy dude from Minnesota) are nothing more than bloggers? They don't know anything that you or I or Jane Seymour don't know. They are like the moms from draper--just in it for the clicks.

                              Comment

                              • Jeff Lebowski
                                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 69696

                                #4560
                                Originally posted by Applejack View Post

                                Isn't it obvious that all these "writers" (Dennis Dodd, Jon Wilner, Jason Scheer, that weird dude from DC, that crazy dude from Minnesota) are nothing more than bloggers? They don't know anything that you or I or Jane Seymour don't know. They are like the moms from draper--just in it for the clicks.
                                Don't forget Canzano! He has the best sources, man. Just ask ute fan twitter.

                                The crazy thing is, based on the comments they are giving to the media, the P12 presidents and AD's don't know anything either. Which is pretty wild this late in the game.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                                Comment

                                Working...