"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smokymountainrain
    Impressive Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22593

    #14161
    Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
    Biedrins and Jefferson headed to Utah, reported by Sam Amick and Woj of Yahoo. Iguodala headed to GS.

    Does that mean Bogut and Barnes going to LA for Dwight? What does Utah get?
    Sounds great to me.

    Picks, perhaps?
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

    Comment

    • BGRTHNUMEGO
      Junior Member
      • May 2010
      • 3670

      #14162
      Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      Sounds great to me.

      Picks, perhaps?
      With Iggy on board, Barnes or Thompson can be moved. But I wonder if what we'll see is Draymond Green + two future picks (2014 and 2016?). But because of his play down low, I wonder if GS at this point would actually rather keep Green and send Barnes out.

      Comment

      • San Juan Sun
        Kicked to the curb
        • Dec 2009
        • 9214

        #14163
        Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
        Utah takes on $20 M in salary. They have to be getting player + pick in return.
        You'd hope so. I hate incomplete sports reporting.
        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

        - Ty Cobb

        Comment

        • BGRTHNUMEGO
          Junior Member
          • May 2010
          • 3670

          #14164
          Brandon Rush also coming to Utah. Add another $4 M in expiring money. $24 M total. Excited to see what Lindsey got in return.

          @WojYahooNBA 2m

          Golden State is sending multiple draft picks to Utah to unload the $24 million, including 2014 first-rounder, sources tell Y!
          Last edited by BGRTHNUMEGO; 07-05-2013, 01:29 PM.

          Comment

          • Blueintheface
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 15382

            #14165
            Wow. I'm VERY interested to see what the Jazz get in return.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

            "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

            Comment

            • BGRTHNUMEGO
              Junior Member
              • May 2010
              • 3670

              #14166
              Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
              Wow. I'm VERY interested to see what the Jazz get in return.
              Crossing fingers for unprotected 2014 first, and then for Curry's ankles to disintegrate.

              Comment

              • Blueintheface
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 15382

                #14167
                Now the Warriors have signed Andre Iguodala to a 4-year $48M contract? I guess that means they didn't land Howard?
                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                Comment

                • smokymountainrain
                  Impressive Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 22593

                  #14168
                  Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
                  Crossing fingers for unprotected 2014 first, and then for Curry's ankles to disintegrate.
                  Sounds like that's what it is. Does this mean the Jazz are done for the summer? That they won't sign any more FAs, even their own guys? Rush is essentially a bigger Randy Foye, so I see very little reason to re-sign Foye unless Rush's rehab is going very poorly.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

                  Comment

                  • BGRTHNUMEGO
                    Junior Member
                    • May 2010
                    • 3670

                    #14169
                    Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    Sounds like that's what it is. Does this mean the Jazz are done for the summer? That they won't sign any more FAs, even their own guys? Rush is essentially a bigger Randy Foye, so I see very little reason to re-sign Foye unless Rush's rehab is going very poorly.
                    I think we could still see DMC back with Marvin hurt for a big chunk of the year. And then they'll need a PG unless they are willing to let Burks back up Burke all year.

                    Comment

                    • smokymountainrain
                      Impressive Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 22593

                      #14170
                      Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
                      I think we could still see DMC back with Marvin hurt for a big chunk of the year. And then they'll need a PG unless they are willing to let Burks back up Burke all year.
                      Agreed about DMC. He'll be back. They could easily stick with Tinsley and Burke, with Burks in the mix as well at the point.
                      Last edited by smokymountainrain; 07-05-2013, 01:55 PM.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

                      Comment

                      • Blueintheface
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 15382

                        #14171
                        Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        Agreed about DMC. He'll be back. They could easily stick with Tinsley and Burke, with Burks in the mix as well.
                        The junkyard dog will not give up his #3 jersey to Burke without a fight!
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                        "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                        Comment

                        • smokymountainrain
                          Impressive Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22593

                          #14172
                          So the Jazz starting lineup should like something like this next year:

                          PG - Tinsley
                          SG - Rush
                          SF - Jefferson
                          PF - Marvin
                          C - Biedrins

                          You gotta love it, baby!
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

                          Comment

                          • smokymountainrain
                            Impressive Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22593

                            #14173
                            Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                            The junkyard dog will not give up his #3 jersey to Burke without a fight!
                            He's a scrapper!
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

                            Comment

                            • UteStar
                              Sexiest Poster in Town
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 2419

                              #14174
                              I like it. Yes, I would have liked to have gotten Klay or Barnes out of it. But, they take on salary which they had to take on and they get Rush (if healthy and that is a HUGE IF) who is a nice player. And to get two first round picks out of it as well as a second round pick. I am fine with that. The Jazz finish with a brutal record, get a top 10 pick and then a 20 or so pick from the Warriors. I'll take it. I wish it was Bogut instead of Biedrins though. I would have loved that trade.

                              Biedrins is a head scratcher. He is mentally shot. As a 23 year old, he was a double double guy shooting nearly 60%. A few years later, he sees no minutes and he can't do anything good on the court.

                              Comment

                              • The_Douger
                                Athletic Supporter
                                • Jun 2012
                                • 5413

                                #14175
                                There's no reason to take on all that salary if you don't get a young player out of it. Is Rush any good? When does Biedrins and Jefferson come off the books?
                                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                                Comment

                                Working...