"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blueintheface
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 15382

    #11896
    Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
    That game was lame. The tip in was before the buzzer as well.
    Like DNA evidence in the 80's, 20 years from now that loss will be overturned.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

    Comment

    • Flystripper
      Degenerate Gambler
      • Nov 2008
      • 14089

      #11897
      Originally posted by Eddie View Post
      I can't even look at Harden without remembering that travesy of a game in which every time a BYU player breathed, farted, or even LOOKED his direction, Harden was at the line shooting free throws.

      I'm not sure I could stand to watch the Jazz with Harden on the team.

      But I suppose I could get over it. And it really isn't Harden's fault. The ref's from that game are the ones who really need a kick in the crotch.
      I have the same reaction to him. It was ridiculous how much he used his off hand to get by defenders (hooking) and BYU somehow always got the foul. It was really frustrating to watch since he was committing an offensive foul on nearly every possession.
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

      Comment

      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
        Time to camp
        • Nov 2008
        • 26082

        #11898
        If the Jazz got Harden, half the main posters in this thread would bitch he was taking minutes from Burks.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

        Comment

        • Blueintheface
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 15382

          #11899
          Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          If the Jazz got Harden, half the main posters in this thread would bitch he was taking minutes from Burks.
          You speak the truth.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

          Comment

          • smokymountainrain
            Impressive Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22593

            #11900
            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            If the Jazz got Harden, half the main posters in this thread would bitch he was taking minutes from Burks.
            Not me.

            I'm the biggest Burks apologist on the board and I feel that Harden is the absolute ceiling for Burks. Burks, if everything works out, might get there. Harden is there and he's still very young.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

            Comment

            • Non Sequitur
              Where did I put my bodkin
              • Nov 2008
              • 5773

              #11901
              Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              Not me.

              I'm the biggest Burks apologist on the board and I feel that Harden is the absolute ceiling for Burks. Burks, if everything works out, might get there. Harden is there and he's still very young.
              Harden is a mystery. Sometimes I watch him and think he's all-world, and other times I watch him and realize why he comes off the bench. Even so, I'd happily take him for Hayward and Sap.
              Last edited by Non Sequitur; 10-27-2012, 07:30 PM.
              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

              Comment

              • MarkGrace
                Grooveshark dick tease
                • Dec 2008
                • 31546

                #11902
                [YOUTUBE]N8mj3FmT8O4&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

                Highlights of Favors and Kanter against Portland. Two things making a big difference for Kanter this year: keeping the ball high instead of bringing it down and gathering before he goes back up, and ability to get off the floor quicker with less weight. He's getting a lot cleaner shots around the hoop.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                Comment

                • Jacob
                  Junior Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 6801

                  #11903
                  Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                  like OKC would even consider it.
                  Okc just traded Harden to Houston for a bag of crap

                  Comment

                  • LiveCoug
                    LA Ute loves me
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 18488

                    #11904
                    Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                    Okc just traded Harden to Houston for a bag of crap
                    Kevin Martin isn't a bag of crap and neither is a nice young player like Jeremy Lamb. OKC did a smart thing similar to the Jazz and Dwill.

                    Comment

                    • The_Douger
                      Athletic Supporter
                      • Jun 2012
                      • 5413

                      #11905
                      Kevin Martin is a washed up bag of crap considering what we could have offered them.

                      This bugs the crap out of me. We have needed help at this position for over a decade and Iggy and Harden have both been traded in the last few months while we sit idly by.
                      Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                      Comment

                      • UtahJazzFan88
                        Jazz | Utes | Raiders
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 1678

                        #11906
                        Great trade for OKC.

                        Kevin Martin is a solid player. Not as efficient as Harden, but can score buckets & now on a team with Westbrook/Durant, the pressure will be off a little bit compared to in Houston and in Sacramento.

                        I really like Lamb as well.

                        Toronto & Dallas first round picks too? Highway robbery.
                        Last edited by UtahJazzFan88; 10-27-2012, 08:17 PM.

                        Comment

                        • Jacob
                          Junior Member
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 6801

                          #11907
                          Seems like millsap/jefferson and burks/hayward and the gs pick and a jazz first rounder is a much superior offer. But what do I know? Okc now gets a guy who plays no D, and makes too much in his last year and a mid 1st round rook and a few picks. And they still have to start and pay Perkins.

                          Comment

                          • Maximus
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 6022

                            #11908
                            Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
                            Great trade for OKC.

                            Kevin Martin is a solid player. Not as efficient as Harden, but can score buckets & now on a team with Westbrook/Durant, the pressure will be off a little bit compared to in Houston and in Sacramento.

                            I really like Lamb as well.

                            Toronto & Dallas first round picks too? Highway robbery.
                            Highway lottery? For Houston. All star caliber player for martin and lamb, neither of which are anywhere close to hardens level.

                            Comment

                            • UtahJazzFan88
                              Jazz | Utes | Raiders
                              • Oct 2011
                              • 1678

                              #11909
                              Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                              Highway lottery? For Houston. All star caliber player for martin and lamb, neither of which are anywhere close to hardens level.
                              And a 5-15 pick from Toronto (top 3 protection, and 15-30 protected, Toronto doesn't look like a playoff team or top 3 terrible), and if I was going to be really picky a 20-25 pick from Dallas.

                              And the jury is still out on Lamb, who knows if the dude is going to be great or a bust.

                              Comment

                              • The_Douger
                                Athletic Supporter
                                • Jun 2012
                                • 5413

                                #11910
                                Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                                Seems like millsap/jefferson and burks/hayward and the gs pick and a jazz first rounder is a much superior offer. But what do I know? Okc now gets a guy who plays no D, and makes too much in his last year and a mid 1st round rook and a few picks. And they still have to start and pay Perkins.
                                Martin is a chucker with empty stats and his best days are far behind him. Houston killed it with this, and it's pathetic Utah couldn't get in on that action with their logjam of bigs and young wings, in addition to a high pick they could have offered.

                                Like the GS pick would net you someone better than Harden. There's so much young talent on Utah. They need some vets that know what's up. No, Al Jefferson doesn't qualify as this.
                                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                                Comment

                                Working...