2024 Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Northwestcoug
    Cocked and Loaded
    • May 2011
    • 18029

    #991
    Originally posted by Shaka View Post

    The campaign has barely started. DeSantis isn't toast. Anything can happen when the debates start. Trump has some glaring vulnerabilities that will be exploited by the other candidates. DeSantis is smart and he's cunning. He will ultimately present a challenge.
    Yeah this is a winning strategy that will close the 30 point gap:



    When the choice is between Trump and Trump-lite, why would the fanatical GOP primary voters pick the watered-down choice?

    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

    Comment

    • Commando
      Explosivo
      • Feb 2009
      • 20748

      #992
      Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

      Yeah this is a winning strategy that will close the 30 point gap:



      When the choice is between Trump and Trump-lite, why would the fanatical GOP primary voters pick the watered-down choice?
      lol Dude needs to enroll in a BYU Poli-Sci class online and figure out his campaign. Trump is as far to the right as you can be and still be considered a mainstream politician. Too far, actually. So far, in fact, that he forfeit the last election. He only won in 2016 because it wasn't so clear how far right his actual policies were in relation to his rhetoric. So what's Ron DeSantis' strategy? Is it step to the left of Trump and gobble up all that real estate to the center and try to cut into Biden's support right of center? No. It's step to the RIGHT of Trump and gobble up all the KKK members and private militia members that Trump isn't extreme enough for. What a dumb frumpy dipshit.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

      Comment

      • Northwestcoug
        Cocked and Loaded
        • May 2011
        • 18029

        #993
        Wait. There’s no smoking gun on the ‘Biden Family crime syndicate’, and it turns out that the low level House GOP that have been peddling stories of corruption were being played by a Chinese spy!?

        I’m shocked.



        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

        Comment

        • BlueK
          Senior Member
          • May 2011
          • 7193

          #994
          Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          Wait. There’s no smoking gun on the ‘Biden Family crime syndicate’, and it turns out that the low level House GOP that have been peddling stories of corruption were being played by a Chinese spy!?

          I’m shocked.


          Like any of this will matter to the jim jordan crowd.

          Comment

          • frank ryan
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 12381

            #995
            Originally posted by Moliere View Post

            It is gaslighting and your original assumption was clearly wrong.
            No, it's not.

            Comment

            • Northwestcoug
              Cocked and Loaded
              • May 2011
              • 18029

              #996
              DeSantis rules out a VP run with Trump. "I'm not a Number 2 guy", sez the headline of NYT today. I mean, you kind of are Ron. Have you seen the most recent poll?

              Also, kudos to this Trump spokesperson who has learned to emulate exactly how Trump would respond to DeSantis:

              “Ron DeSantis isn’t anybody’s guy. He’s not ‘the guy.’ He’s just ‘a guy,’" Mr. Cheung said in a statement. “Ron is just there, sullen and sad, because his numbers are as tiny as him.”
              https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/12/u...imes&smtyp=cur
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

              Comment

              • Bo Diddley
                Senior
                • Jul 2012
                • 18804

                #997
                Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                DeSantis rules out a VP run with Trump. "I'm not a Number 2 guy", sez the headline of NYT today. I mean, you kind of are Ron. Have you seen the most recent poll?

                Also, kudos to this Trump spokesperson who has learned to emulate exactly how Trump would respond to DeSantis:



                https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/12/u...imes&smtyp=cur

                Comment

                • Commando
                  Explosivo
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 20748

                  #998
                  Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  DeSantis rules out a VP run with Trump. "I'm not a Number 2 guy", sez the headline of NYT today. I mean, you kind of are Ron. Have you seen the most recent poll?
                  Nice of DeSantis to acknowledge at least one facet of the Constitution, even if he just happens to agree with it by accident...
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69723

                    #999
                    I would enjoy the DeSantis collapse a lot more if it wasn't Trump who was cleaning his clock.

                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • Commando
                      Explosivo
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 20748

                      #1000
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      I would enjoy the DeSantis collapse a lot more if it wasn't Trump who was cleaning his clock.

                      This is like New Coke vs. Coca Cola Classic. You always knew who was going to win. :/
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                      Comment

                      • BlueK
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2011
                        • 7193

                        #1001
                        Holy crap RFK jr gets nuttier by the minute.

                        Comment

                        • Commando
                          Explosivo
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 20748

                          #1002
                          Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                          Holy crap RFK jr gets nuttier by the minute.

                          https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/15/polit...ups/index.html
                          lol disqualified months ago. This dude is facepalm meme bad.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                          Comment

                          • BlueK
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2011
                            • 7193

                            #1003
                            If Trump were elected again how long into office does he start arguing that he shouldn't be limited to a four year term?

                            don't be so surprised if he starts saying that even before being elected.

                            Comment

                            • Bo Diddley
                              Senior
                              • Jul 2012
                              • 18804

                              #1004
                              Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                              If Trump were elected again how long into office does he start arguing that he shouldn't be limited to a four year term?

                              don't be so surprised if he starts saying that even before being elected.
                              He can say whatever he wants. Actually, he does say whatever he wants. But the other branches of government have something to say. He continually loses in the courts.

                              Comment

                              • BlueK
                                Senior Member
                                • May 2011
                                • 7193

                                #1005
                                Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

                                He can say whatever he wants. Actually, he does say whatever he wants. But the other branches of government have something to say. He continually loses in the courts.
                                Ok, but the guardrails are most definitely weakening and if he were to get back into power it would be his main object to knock them down. Would he succeed? I would hope not but also few thought he would do what he did leading up to and on Jan. 6th.

                                Comment

                                Working...