If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Have you not watched or listened to the right over the past month in regards to immigrants and refugees?
Speaking purely politically, you think half of the country is cool with 90k Afghanis coming into our country?
3 of the most influential voices on the right in the last 13 hours have said: we didn’t promise them anything! Invaders are coming! Biden did this on purpose to import thousands of Ilhan Omar’s to fundamentally change America!
From a humanitarian prospective this is a disaster but spare me the both sides are bad when we have hundreds of citizens dying right now in our country purely to own the libtards.
I was coming here to post this, but I'll just reinforce what you said: Tucker and those assholes on Fox are going full-on Replacement Theory. Who in the f*k still watches those garbage human beings? They bringing back the swastika, too? We need to bring 100k+ Afghans here to even begin to make things right. And make no mistake-- they are here to make our country better-- especially if they are replacing irredeemable shitbags like Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingram.
"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"
"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU. "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek. GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
The problem with America right now isn't the fact one side is better than the other. It is the fact that we will tolerate any crap on "our" side because the other side is sooo much worse.
Biden screwed this up royally. I voted for him and I have no faith that Trump wouldn't have screwed it up worse, but that doesn't give Biden a pass on this.
One side is decidedly more awful. Hate groups were mobilized in an attempted coup on 1/6. The GOP calls them patriots and tourists. That's worse.
"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU. "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek. GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Apparently the Taliban has cut off access to the airport...
TALIBAN CHECKPOINTS BLOCKING ACCESS TO KABUL AIRPORT FOR U.S. RESIDENTS AND ALLIES
“They are scaring people,” said a man with a U.S. green card as he tried to flee Kabul.
ON MONDAY, Wali tried twice to perform “recon” work to find a potential route to get into Kabul’s airport. He didn’t bring anything with him, just set out with two packs of cigarettes and an energy drink. “I was feeling miserable,” said Wali, a father of two whose name has been changed to protect his identity.
An Afghan green card holder who has spent time in Virginia working with the U.S. armed forces, Wali wanted to figure out how he could leave Afghanistan now that the Taliban have seized control of Kabul, the capital. His plan was to get to the airport, figure out a way in, and then call his brother, also a green card holder, who is sheltering with his children. Once he figured out a way in, he would tell his brother the path.
[...]
"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU. "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek. GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
What’s wrong with a 3 series? Not that I drive one because I don’t.
"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf
Early indicators suggest Democrats' House majority is in jeopardy
Democrats with proven track records of winning tough districts aren't running for re-election. Republicans are enjoying early fundraising windfalls. And, as Donald Trump and Barack Obama both learned the hard way, midterm elections almost always break against the president's party.
The early indicators that showed Democrats poised to make big gains in Congress four years ago now point the other direction, suggesting that the narrow 220-212 Democratic House majority is in serious danger.
"Based on all factors, you'd have to consider Republicans the early favorites for the House majority in 2022," said David Wasserman, who tracks congressional races for the nonpartisan Cook Political Report.
[...]
Barack Obama and Donald Trump got "shellacked" in their first midterms. Early signs indicate Joe Biden might face a similar fate in 2022.
"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU. "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek. GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
What’s wrong with a 3 series? Not that I drive one because I don’t.
I had a friend who complained about how frequently the tires needed to be replaced. Yeah, you ever think about slowing down coming in and out of the neighborhood?
So it seems Biden ignored the intelligence reports coming out of the CIA that the Afghan military and government would most likely rapidly and totally collapse...
Intelligence Warned of Afghan Military Collapse, Despite Biden’s Assurances
Even as the president was telling the public that Kabul was unlikely to fall, intelligence assessments painted a grimmer picture.
Classified assessments by American spy agencies over the summer painted an increasingly grim picture of the prospect of a Taliban takeover of Afghanistan and warned of the rapid collapse of the Afghan military, even as President Biden and his advisers said publicly that was unlikely to happen as quickly, according to current and former American government officials.
By July, many intelligence reports grew more pessimistic, questioning whether any Afghan security forces would muster serious resistance and whether the government could hold on in Kabul, the capital. President Biden said on July 8 that the Afghan government was unlikely to fall and that there would be no chaotic evacuations of Americans similar to the end of the Vietnam War.
The drumbeat of warnings over the summer raise questions about why Biden administration officials, and military planners in Afghanistan, seemed ill-prepared to deal with the Taliban’s final push into Kabul, including a failure to ensure security at the main airport and rushing thousands more troops back to the country to protect the United States’ final exit.
One report in July — as dozens of Afghan districts were falling and Taliban fighters were laying siege to several major cities — laid out the growing risks to Kabul, noting that the Afghan government was unprepared for a Taliban assault, according to a person familiar with the intelligence.
Intelligence agencies predicted that should the Taliban seize cities, a cascading collapse could happen rapidly and the Afghan security forces were at high risk of falling apart. It is unclear whether other reports during this period presented a more optimistic picture about the ability of the Afghan military and the government in Kabul to withstand the insurgents.
A historical analysis provided to Congress concluded that the Taliban had learned lessons from their takeover of the country in the 1990s. This time, the report said, the militant group would first secure border crossings, commandeer provincial capitals and seize swaths of the country’s north before moving in on Kabul, a prediction that proved accurate.
[...]
Biden is a complete dumbass for ignoring the intell and lied to the American people when he said that Afghan government's collapse was quicker than anticipated.
"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU. "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek. GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
The Taliban now controls one of the world’s biggest lithium deposits
When Taliban fighters entered Kabul on Aug. 15, they didn’t just seize control of the Afghan government. They also gained the ability to control access to huge deposits of minerals that are crucial to the global clean energy economy.
In 2010, an internal US Department of Defense memo called Afghanistan “the Saudi Arabia of lithium,” after American geologists discovered the vast extent of the country’s mineral wealth, valued at at least $1 trillion. The silvery metal is essential for electric vehicles and renewable energy batteries.
[...]
"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU. "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek. GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
So it seems Biden ignored the intelligence reports coming out of the CIA that the Afghan military and government would most likely rapidly and totally collapse...
Biden is a complete dumbass for ignoring the intell and lied to the American people when he said that Afghan government's collapse was quicker than anticipated.
yeah what a crazy thing for a potus to ignore their intelligence community
Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.
Isn’t Nevada full of lithium? Chile has a lot more as well. I don’t think this is like oil where large corrupt countries control most of the world deposits. As long as the environmentalists don't go crazy over the raping of the land in Nevada for lithium then we should be fine.
"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf
Isn’t Nevada full of lithium? Chile has a lot more as well. I don’t think this is like oil where large corrupt countries control most of the world deposits. As long as the environmentalists don't go crazy over the raping of the land in Nevada for lithium then we should be fine.
Oh good... we don't need Dick Chaney.
"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU. "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek. GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU. "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek. GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
if the taliban think they can prevent american citizens from getting into the airport, i’d expect some bad dudes from coronado and little creek will have a thing or two to say about that.
Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.
Comment