Biden/Harris: A Presidency for All Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    I heard that all Americans who wanted to leave got out. Is that wrong?
    Maybe... but Joe left poor Mohammed:

Afghan Interpreter Who Helped Rescue Biden in 2008 Left Behind After U.S. Exit
    Mohammed, stranded in Afghanistan and hiding from the Taliban, makes a White House appeal: ‘Don’t forget me here’

Thirteen years ago, Afghan interpreter Mohammed helped rescue then-Sen. Joe Biden and two other senators stranded in a remote Afghanistan valley after their helicopter was forced to land in a snowstorm. Now, Mohammed is asking President Biden to save him.

“Hello Mr. President: Save me and my family,” Mohammed, who asked not to use his full name while in hiding, told The Wall Street Journal as the last Americans flew out of Kabul on Monday. “Don’t forget me here.”

Mohammed, his wife, and their four children are hiding from the Taliban after his yearslong attempt to get out of Afghanistan got tangled in the bureaucracy. They are among countless Afghan allies who were left behind when the U.S. ended its 20-year military campaign in Afghanistan on Monday.
    [...]
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/afghan-...it-11630429285

https://apple.news/ApW9EalKDQdy_v8hPUna1Yw
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

this tweet is funny. Like it’s cheaper or easier to hang someone from a helicopter than to just build a quick structure. Maybe wood was too expensive due to recent inflation so the helicopter hanging was cheaper

ps, it’s pretty clear they aren’t hanging people from helicopters.
      Maybe just one person...

https://nypost.com/2021/08/31/video-...wn-by-taliban/

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Biden pressured the Afghan president to change the 'perception' that the Taliban was winning whether it was true or not... It's all about optics for the Harris/Biden administration.

Exclusive: Before Afghan collapse, Biden pressed Ghani to ‘change perception’

In the last call between U.S. President Joe Biden and his Afghanistan counterpart before the Taliban seized control of the country, the leaders discussed military aid, political strategy and messaging tactics, but neither Biden nor Ashraf Ghani appeared aware of or prepared for the immediate danger of the entire country falling to insurgents, a transcript reviewed by Reuters shows.
        [...]
        In the call, Biden offered aid if Ghani could publicly project he had a plan to control the spiraling situation in Afghanistan. “We will continue to provide close air support, if we know what the plan is,” Biden said. Days before the call, the U.S. carried out air strikes to support Afghan security forces, a move the Taliban said was in violation of the Doha peace agreement.
        [...]
        In much of the call, Biden focused on what he called the Afghan government’s “perception” problem. “I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things are not going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban,” Biden said. “And there is a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture.”
        [...]
        https://www.reuters.com/world/exclus...on-2021-08-31/

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The families of the dead soldiers seems pretty pissed at Biden...

‘Don’t you ever forget that name’: Biden’s tough meeting with grieving relatives

President Biden made his way on Sunday around a quiet room at Dover Air Force Base, a chamber filled with couches and chairs, with dignitaries and grieving families huddling together as the president came to speak to them privately, one family at a time.

Mark Schmitz had told a military officer the night before that he wasn’t much interested in speaking to a president he did not vote for, one whose execution of the Afghan pullout he disdains — and one he now blames for the death of his 20-year-old son Jared.
          [...]
          Schmitz did not react as harshly, but he said that he was consoled far more by the words of military leaders who came up to him on Sunday to offer their condolences than by anything Biden said.

As the families left the building following their encounter with Biden, solemnly watching the bodies of their loved ones come off the C-17 plane, the emotions were still raw.

Schmitz said he grew agitated every time he saw Biden check his watch. And at the end, there was another outburst of emotion.

As the families began loading back onto their bus, one woman grew emotional and began screaming in Biden’s direction across the tarmac.

“She said, ‘I hope you burn in hell! That was my brother!’ ” Schmitz recounted.

“I can’t fault her for it,” he added. “We all lost somebody.”
          https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...dce_story.html

Yeah, burn in hell!

BTW, why was Joe always checking his watch?

B7XnK_XcEUKdCyLe9s1PcgIarI9zxA2gmLeecgKxcaQ.jpg
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

That's what I heard. About 200 wanted to stay.

So I guess those school kids from Sacramento wanted to stay...

Sacramento school district confirms 24 students are still stranded in Afghanistan

At least 24 Sacramento-area students are confirmed to be stranded in Afghanistan as turmoil continues in Kabul, according to school officials.

San Juan Unified school district staff said 24 students, down from from the initial estimate of 150 students, had not returned to campuses since the start of the 2021-2022 school year.

After reading The Sacramento Bee’s story about two students stranded overseas, staffers at Sacramento Congressman Ami Bera’s office contacted San Juan Unified and are working with the district to bring students back safely.
            [...]
            Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/ed...#storylink=cpy
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

So I guess those school kids from Sacramento wanted to stay...

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/ed...#storylink=cpy
              Not to minimize their peril, but the state department has advise not traveling to Afghanistan, and even encouraged those there to leave, including many Embassy personnel.
              https://af.usembassy.gov/afghanistan...april-27-2021/

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

Not to minimize their peril, but the state department has advise not traveling to Afghanistan, and even encouraged those there to leave, including many Embassy personnel.
                https://af.usembassy.gov/afghanistan...april-27-2021/
                Yeah, I am guessing they wanted to relocate to Afghanistan considering the sh*thole they came from.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• This can't be real... Biden said we got all the American citizens out that wanted to go.

"We Are F**king Abandoning American Citizens" Says Livid Army Colonel In Leaked Afghanistan Texts

Encrypted text messages between an Army colonel and a former Special Forces soldier working on a private effort to extricate stranded Americans from Afghanistan reveal that the US evacuation was anything but the 'extraordinary success' President Biden declared on Tuesday.

"We are fucking abandoning American citizens," said an Army colonel assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division in an encrypted Sunday text message to Michael Yon, who revealed the message to Just the News.
                  Yon told Just the News that a group of Americans were abandoned at the Kabul airport, pleading for help as military officials told them they were finished with evacuations.

"We had them out there waving their passport screaming, 'I'm American,'" Yon said Tuesday while appearing on the John Solomon Reports podcast. -Just The News

"People were turned away from the gate by our own Army," said Yon, the former Special Forces soldier and war correspondent.

[...]
                  https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...ed-afghanistan

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Oh, the lies that Biden sold y'all... And this is just about Afghanistan:

No, Trump Didn’t Force Biden’s Withdrawal
                    The Taliban violated the Doha agreement, so the U.S. could have stayed.

The Biden administration has consistently blamed the Trump administration’s 2020 Doha agreement with the Taliban for the Afghanistan debacle. The agreement, the Biden team insists, left the president no choice but to remove U.S. forces unconditionally from Afghanistan by Aug. 31. In fact, President Biden’s failure to hold the Taliban to the terms of the Doha agreement contributed to this disaster.

The agreement promised the Taliban an earlier U.S. departure, by May 1, 2021, in return for a pledge that they would prevent the use of Afghanistan soil by any group against the security of the U.S. and its allies. Mr. Biden managed to extend the date by four months but was still bound by the basic terms of the agreement. The Biden administration believed that if the U.S. failed to remove forces by Aug. 31, the Taliban could renege on their commitment and allow attacks on U.S. troops remaining in the country, so the only way for the U.S. to avoid this danger was to withdraw, honoring its end of the Doha deal in the hope that the Taliban would spare American forces.
                    [...]
                    https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-b...en-11630435825

6 lies Joe Biden told about Afghanistan

How can any American believe anything President Biden says after he’s lied so blatantly about an Afghanistan evacuation he claims was an “extraordinary success”?

LIE: “Americans understand we’re going to try and get it done before Aug. 31,” President Biden told ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos Aug. 19. “And if there are American citizens left, we’re going to stay until we get them all out.” He reiterated the promise the next day at the White House: “But let me be clear, any American who wants to come home, we will get you home.”

TRUTH: Even Biden himself admits Americans remain stranded in Afghanistan as he withdrew the last US forces before getting them home. “Ninety percent of Americans in Afghanistan who wanted to leave were able to leave,” he said Tuesday. US Central Command head Gen. Frank McKenzie confirmed the day before that some Americans trying to escape couldn’t get to the Kabul airport — and the last five jets left without a single American on board.
                    [...]
                    https://nypost.com/2021/09/01/6-lies...t-afghanistan/

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Imagine not being able to trust a President because of the extraordinary lies he's told.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          The protesters didn’t want Pence…. They wanted to rape AOC. Just ask her.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

The protesters didn’t want Pence…. They wanted to rape AOC. Just ask her.
                            Oh no they wanted Pence alright-- constructed gallows for him and were calling for his head as they smeared shit on the walls of our Capitol. Did you block that out?
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post

Oh no they wanted Pence alright-- constructed gallows for him and were calling for his head as they smeared shit on the walls of our Capitol. Did you block that out?
                              He blocked out about 30 straight days. Remember when he was busy in depos?
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                                I heard that all Americans who wanted to leave got out. Is that wrong?
                                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

That's what I heard. About 200 wanted to stay.

These 6 plane loads of Americans wanted to stay (on the ground)...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X