Biden/Harris: A Presidency for All Americans

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Eddie
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 8098

    #631
    I've never been a huge fan of whataboutism. Regardless of what Trump did or didn't do (and he was his own embarrassment) the Biden administration's moves here have been epically bad. I'm afraid so far the best part of his legacy is saying he isn't Trump - but he better hope he comes up with something better to be known for over the next 3 years than this debacle.

    I think the most disappointing part to me has been his insistence that he knew it would be this bad and had a plan for every contingency. Seriously? You want people to believe THIS was your plan? To tell Americans it was time to go and they should get to the airport, but they're on there own to get there?

    I am not sad that Trump is gone - please don't interpret what I'm about to say as me wanting Trump back.

    I didn't have huge expectations for Biden - but he's been a big disappointment so far. Like I said in my 1st paragraph - so far the best thing he's got going for him is that he isn't Trump. But I can't say a whole lot of good stands out beyond that.

    Comment

    • Uncle Ted
      The Big 12 money shot.
      • Apr 2010
      • 28853

      #632
      Biden says it couldn't have been handled better...

      Biden says Afghanistan withdrawal 'chaos' inevitable -ABC News interview

      U.S. President Joe Biden said on Wednesday he does not believe it would have been possible to extract U.S. troops from Afghanistan without the type of "chaos" that has been evident in recent days.

      Asked in an interview with ABC News if the withdrawal could have been handled better, Biden said: "No ... The idea that somehow, there's a way to have gotten out without chaos ensuing, I don't know how that happens."


      So removing the troops first only to bring back more of them was the right way to it.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • Uncle Ted
        The Big 12 money shot.
        • Apr 2010
        • 28853

        #633
        Catturd is killing it today...















        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • Uncle Ted
          The Big 12 money shot.
          • Apr 2010
          • 28853

          #634


          In the European Union, which held an emergency session of foreign ministers on Afghanistan on Tuesday, officials offered rare criticism of Washington for risking a flood of refugees to their borders and the return of a platform for terrorism in Central Asia.
          [...]
          Germany’s conservative candidate to succeed Chancellor Angela Merkel, Armin Laschet, on Tuesday called the withdrawal of forces “the greatest debacle that NATO has experienced since its foundation.”

          In China, where the U.S. withdrawal is seen as creating both risks and opportunity, Foreign Minister Wang Yi told U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken in a phone call that the rapid departure of U.S. troops caused a ­“severely adverse impact.”

          He also drew broader implications from the pullout, saying it showed America’s inability to transpose a foreign model of governance to a country with different cultural and historical attributes.

          Longtime critics of the war in Afghanistan say claims about lost U.S. resolve and credibility ring hollow.
          [...]
          “Whatever happened to ‘America is back’?” said Tobias Ellwood, who chairs the Defense Committee in the British Parliament, noting Biden’s promise to rebuild alliances and restore America’s place in the world.
          [...]


          Back to the 1970's.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • Uncle Ted
            The Big 12 money shot.
            • Apr 2010
            • 28853

            #635
            Good hell... it's Vietnam all over again!

            Desperate Afghan moms throw babies over barbed wire to UK troops at airport

            Harrowing footage has emerged of Afghan mothers throwing their babies over barbed wire at Kabul airport as they begged British troops to save them from the Taliban.

            “The mothers were desperate, they were getting beaten by the Taliban. They shouted, ‘Save my baby!’ and threw the babies at us. Some of the babies fell on the barbed wire,” a Parachute Regiment officer told the UK’s Independent.

            “It was awful what happened. By the end of the night, there wasn’t one man among us who was not crying,” he added quietly.
            [...]


            "America is back."
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • Uncle Ted
              The Big 12 money shot.
              • Apr 2010
              • 28853

              #636
              Well, there goes our UK allies...





              Yeah, who cares about those wankers anyways?

              Edit: LOL... Biden is the first US president in history to be held in contempt by the UK Parliament.
              Last edited by Uncle Ted; 08-19-2021, 06:28 PM.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • Uncle Ted
                The Big 12 money shot.
                • Apr 2010
                • 28853

                #637
                These old tweets of Joe's are classics...



                Less than a year of aging.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • Northwestcoug
                  Cocked and Loaded
                  • May 2011
                  • 18021

                  #638
                  Ok, most of what Babylon Bee posts is unfunny. But this is pretty good:



                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

                  Comment

                  • Uncle Ted
                    The Big 12 money shot.
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 28853

                    #639
                    Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    Ok, most of what Babylon Bee posts is unfunny. But this is pretty good:


                    haha... that is funny. I was traveling through southern Utah recently and kept seeing this signs all over the place.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69689

                      #640
                      Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

                      haha... that is funny. I was traveling through southern Utah recently and kept seeing this signs all over the place.
                      Like you said above, we have some dumb people here.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • Commando
                        Explosivo
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 20748

                        #641
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                        Like you said above, we have some dumb people here.
                        We still have the Mag-al-quaeda or whatever they are rolling around w their jacked-up trucks and trump flags flying off the back. Have these people never cringed in their lives? Nothing is embarrassing now?
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                        Comment

                        • Uncle Ted
                          The Big 12 money shot.
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 28853

                          #642
                          Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          Well, there goes our UK allies...





                          Yeah, who cares about those wankers anyways?

                          Edit: LOL... Biden is the first US president in history to be held in contempt by the UK Parliament.






                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • Eddie
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 8098

                            #643
                            This is another example of Biden doubling down on trying to show everyone how dumb he is.

                            The first (OK - not the first, but maybe the first with relation to the Afghanistan withdrawal) was when he said they had plans for every contingency, that the withdrawal/evacuation was going according to plan, and that no mistakes had been made. Dude - if this is what the perfect execution of a perfect plan looks like, we need someone else doing the planning and plan execution.

                            Now we got Biden honestly saying that none of this has impacted US credibility among allies? Does he have his head in the sand?

                            It's as if Biden wants to assure us that Trump isn't the only one capable of screwing up US foreign policy and our relationship with other countries - particularly allies. I wasn't sure that was possible to do to the same extent that Trump did - but Joe's going to give it his best effort.

                            Comment

                            • Uncle Ted
                              The Big 12 money shot.
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 28853

                              #644





                              But President Harris is going to fix Biden's Dumkirk...

                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • Uncle Ted
                                The Big 12 money shot.
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 28853

                                #645







                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...