Biden/Harris: A Presidency for All Americans

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Moliere
    One man.....one pie
    • Oct 2009
    • 27875

    #451
    Originally posted by Commando View Post

    link?
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

    Comment

    • myboynoah
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 21719

      #452
      Awesome whataboutism.

      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

      Comment

      • Moliere
        One man.....one pie
        • Oct 2009
        • 27875

        #453
        Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        Awesome whataboutism.



        He's senile but I'll still take him over Trump every day of the week and twice on Tuesday.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

        Comment

        • BlueK
          Senior Member
          • May 2011
          • 7189

          #454
          Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          I agree it's not the government's place to tell a privately owned platform what content they can allow on there even if it's offensive or fake. However, at the same time it is also not ok for the state to force that platform to allow a space for content it doesn't want on there. This is where libs and conservatives are both wrong.

          Comment

          • Commando
            Explosivo
            • Feb 2009
            • 20748

            #455
            Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            I agree with ACLU even though I'm not so sure that's what Ted meant. Trump is mad bc he can't lie with abandon on Twitter and incite his base, whereas Biden is mad antivaxers are allowed to push their cause freely, helping to slow our vaccination effort. I get that it could easily go south if Biden could easily silence any speech he wanted, but I am more than sympathetic to this particular complaint. Not really seeing the 'fascist' angle here.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

            Comment

            • frank ryan
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 12349

              #456
              I don't get why Moli thinks DeSantis would appeal to anyone not already in Trump's corner. He's anything but moderate. This is the guy that tried to force public buildings to lower their flags for Rush Limbaugh's death.

              Comment

              • Uncle Ted
                The Big 12 money shot.
                • Apr 2010
                • 28853

                #457
                Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                I don't get why Moli thinks DeSantis would appeal to anyone not already in Trump's corner. He's anything but moderate. This is the guy that tried to force public buildings to lower their flags for Rush Limbaugh's death.
                Nothing wrong with honoring people that are popular with ones party…. Reminds me when Joe Biden gave the eulogy of that KKK dude who the Dems all considered to be a great mentor and pretty much a god:

                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • Uncle Ted
                  The Big 12 money shot.
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 28853

                  #458


                  Yeah, Joe loves to hang out in truck stops and smelling biker chicks... Makes sense he use to drive an 18-wheeler.

                  Last edited by Uncle Ted; 07-29-2021, 07:38 AM.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #459
                    Oh you're using tweets from Raheem Kassam now? Nice.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • Uncle Ted
                      The Big 12 money shot.
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 28853

                      #460
                      lol...



                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • Uncle Ted
                        The Big 12 money shot.
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 28853

                        #461


                        I am guessing he is counting the undocumented immigrants as well.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • Uncle Ted
                          The Big 12 money shot.
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 28853

                          #462




                          I wonder how I can get me one of these fancy drones cheap... (checking eBay)
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • old_gregg
                            scaly man fish
                            • Nov 2009
                            • 16915

                            #463
                            afghani army
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                            Comment

                            • Northwestcoug
                              Cocked and Loaded
                              • May 2011
                              • 18013

                              #464
                              Biden will share the shame of the US Afghan debacle with every other president since Bush. But it takes a lot of chutzpah and selective memory to blame him for the current mess when it was Trump who ordered the withdrawal to happen in March. At least Biden delayed it for a bit.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

                              Comment

                              • Uncle Ted
                                The Big 12 money shot.
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 28853

                                #465
                                Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                Biden will share the shame of the US Afghan debacle with every other president since Bush. But it takes a lot of chutzpah and selective memory to blame him for the current mess when it was Trump who ordered the withdrawal to happen in March. At least Biden delayed it for a bit.
                                Yeah, if I get one of those drones off eBay cheap then I'll send them all a 'thank you' note for not telling the US troops to blow up this sh*t before they left.

                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...