The Golf Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 37988

    #421
    Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Anyone see the finau boys hitting 9 iron from 180 on the Big Break? That was absolutely sick.
    They must be doing something wrong. They shouldn't be hitting it that far.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #422
      Originally posted by falafel View Post
      They must be doing something wrong. They shouldn't be hitting it that far.
      I'd like to see what they could do with some computer clubs.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • il Padrino Ute
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 19161

        #423
        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        Kind of like Tiger got in 9 holes this morning then played a round of golf.
        That's just wrong.

        "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


        "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

        Comment

        • clackamascoug
          Banned
          • Dec 2009
          • 9709

          #424
          Originally posted by falafel View Post
          They must be doing something wrong. They shouldn't be hitting it that far.
          Chuckle.... Tony lost to the guy who hit an 8 150.

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37988

            #425
            Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
            Chuckle.... Tony lost to the guy who hit an 8 150.
            I agree. Tony is a really bad golfer.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • Drunk Tank
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 2569

              #426
              Played my first round with the Adams A4's and I am pretty impressed. Definate feedback on mis-hits, but they all went strait, just not long, maybe a club short. The solid hits were smooth as butter. So far I really like the clubs, and the distances are in the same range as my last clubs.

              Anyways, I played my best round in years and shot a 89. I played the course 3 weeks ago and shot a 104. Here is a link to my scorecard http://clubsg.skygolf.com/golfers/score.php?id=812356
              Last edited by Drunk Tank; 12-27-2009, 09:04 PM.
              "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

              Comment

              • Surfah
                Where's Wallace?
                • Nov 2008
                • 33726

                #427
                Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                Played my first round with the Adams A4's and I am pretty impressed. Definate feedback on mis-hits, but they all went strait, just not long, maybe a club short. The solid hits were smooth as butter. So far I really like the clubs, and the distances are in the same range as my last clubs.

                Anyways, I played my best round in years and shot a 89. I played the course 3 weeks ago and shot a 104. Here is a link to my scorecard http://clubsg.skygolf.com/golfers/score.php?id=812356
                Nice! Though I don't think your playing partner there will appreciate you posting a link to his scorecard as well.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

                Comment

                • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                  Time to camp
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26082

                  #428
                  Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                  Anyways, I played my best round in years and shot a 89. I played the course 3 weeks ago and shot a 104. Here is a link to my scorecard http://clubsg.skygolf.com/golfers/score.php?id=812356
                  89 nice work. That is like a dream score for me. Maybe I need new clubs, I'm gonna tell ldc this.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

                  Comment

                  • John McClain
                    Comfortably Numb
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 1012

                    #429
                    I was driving to Arizona today from Albuquerque; had my golf clubs with me and was looking forward to a little winter golf with my brothers. Got as far as Gallup; fuel pump gave out, wore out the battery trying to get the car started and about $1000 and 6 hours later, I had the car repaired but I turned around and drove home. I gots no money to play golf now. Guess I'll have to wait a couple of months until the cold dissipates here.
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment

                    • Drunk Tank
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 2569

                      #430
                      Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      Nice! Though I don't think your playing partner there will appreciate you posting a link to his scorecard as well.
                      LOL, I didnt even see that. That box will show anybody who posts a score to that course today. It wasnt intentional.
                      "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

                      Comment

                      • Surfah
                        Where's Wallace?
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 33726

                        #431
                        Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                        LOL, I didnt even see that. That box will show anybody who posts a score to that course today. It wasnt intentional.
                        It's okay. Maybe he should have got the Adams instead of the Nike Reds.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Drunk Tank
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 2569

                          #432
                          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          It's okay. Maybe he should have got the Adams instead of the Nike Reds.
                          DOH! He was having driver issues, and once he dials his irons in, he will be fine.

                          As a side note, for Christmas he got me a series of four lessons and a 5 hole playing lesson for myself and a buddy. Now I need to decide what buddy I am going to take.
                          "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

                          Comment

                          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                            Time to camp
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26082

                            #433
                            Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                            As a side note, for Christmas he got me a series of four lessons and a 5 hole playing lesson for myself and a buddy. Now I need to decide what buddy I am going to take.
                            Let me know when you want me there.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

                            Comment

                            • Drunk Tank
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2009
                              • 2569

                              #434
                              Had my first lesson today (not really my first lesson, but first lesson with this teacher) and it went well. She identified a flaw in my swing and I am working on swinging more inside out, instead of coming over the top. As a result, my ball flight has been straighter and I am not plowing the earth as much, just a nice little divot.

                              We played 13 holes afterwards. We were suppossed to play 18 but when we finished hole 13 five hours into our round, we called it. There was a group of 6 in front of us being held up by a group of 5. How in the hell does the course allow this? It sucked. Couldnt get into any rythm and we waited at every tee box about 10+ minutes before we could hit. There was nobody for two holes in front of the fivesome.

                              Anyways, I shot a 46 on the front 9, which is not bad. 3 pars so I am happy with that. My GIR sucked as well as my fairways hit, but I was trying to work on my swing plane and having some issues. Here is the link to my scorecard: http://clubsg.skygolf.com/golfers/score.php?id=819264
                              Last edited by Drunk Tank; 01-15-2010, 11:17 PM.
                              "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

                              Comment

                              • Drunk Tank
                                Senior Member
                                • Apr 2009
                                • 2569

                                #435
                                The Tick and I are playing in our first men's club tournament on Sunday so I thought I'd better get a practice round in before then. I hadn't played this course in probably 3-4 years so I am pretty happy with the results.




                                I was trying out a new driver today. The Adams 9032LS. It hits the ball a long ways, but I am more accurate with the Ping G5. I am not going to give up on it, I just need to use it more. It sets up nice and square and I like the feel of it. Hopefully I can straighten it out.

                                My GIR was a horrible 22.2 % and I had 7 doubles. I am surprised I walked away with a 92.

                                I have a lesson tomorrow and will be playing 9 holes after that. So it is a good golf weekend!
                                "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

                                Comment

                                Working...