The Golf Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RC Vikings
    Known Heterosexual
    • Nov 2008
    • 8789

    #436
    Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
    The Tick and I are playing in our first men's club tournament on Sunday so I thought I'd better get a practice round in before then. I hadn't played this course in probably 3-4 years so I am pretty happy with the results.




    I was trying out a new driver today. The Adams 9032LS. It hits the ball a long ways, but I am more accurate with the Ping G5. I am not going to give up on it, I just need to use it more. It sets up nice and square and I like the feel of it. Hopefully I can straighten it out.

    My GIR was a horrible 22.2 % and I had 7 doubles. I am surprised I walked away with a 92.

    I have a lesson tomorrow and will be playing 9 holes after that. So it is a good golf weekend!
    Hey Drunk Tank I hope you know you are killing me by posting this. I did spend a couple of hours on our course today but it was on x-country skis. Honestly in the winter I think I live in hell.

    Comment

    • Drunk Tank
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2009
      • 2569

      #437
      Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
      Hey Drunk Tank I hope you know you are killing me by posting this. I did spend a couple of hours on our course today but it was on x-country skis. Honestly in the winter I think I live in hell.
      Sorry RC! We are lucky to live where we can golf year round. It was a beautiful day for golf today, but I'll spare you the details out of respect.
      "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

      Comment

      • byu71
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22070

        #438
        The trip to San Diego despite the rain was one of the best we have been on.

        Played Barona Creek at 11:30 on Saturday. For those of you more liberal folks, we may have done the same thing on Sunday. Twilight rate starts at 11:00. Great course and the greens were really good. After we played we hung out at the Casino. It was a first class place.

        Monday we played 27 at Steele Canyon. They have three nines. The Canyon nine was extremely tough and I regretted playing the blues. We played the whites on the Ranch and Meadow courses. In my opinion the Canyon and Ranch are much better than the Meadow. Greens again were very good.

        Just as we finished a rain torrent started. Now, I have been in a downpour before, but this was unusual for me because the downpour lasted at least an hour as we drove up to Oceanside. Being on the road was scary.

        Yesterday we played Aviara. One of the nicest courses I have ever played. This was what I would call a very good layout and extrememly scenic. The pro even drove around and handed out tootsie roll pops. Unfortunately we got hit with the rain on number 12. We put on our rain gear and gutted it out. Only ones on the course when we finished. Needless to say the greens were great.

        Comment

        • The_Tick
          Made something of myself
          • Nov 2008
          • 7297

          #439
          My last round...

          Last edited by The_Tick; 02-04-2010, 11:18 PM.

          Comment

          • Surfah
            Where's Wallace?
            • Nov 2008
            • 33726

            #440
            Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
            Awesome! You beat DT!
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

            Comment

            • byu71
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 22070

              #441
              Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
              Hey that is pretty cool. I haven't ever seen where you can keep track of your scores like that.

              Didn't see a birdie on the scorecard. Come on man, I know you can do it.

              Comment

              • Surfah
                Where's Wallace?
                • Nov 2008
                • 33726

                #442
                Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                Hey that is pretty cool. I haven't ever seen where you can keep track of your scores like that.

                Didn't see a birdie on the scorecard. Come on man, I know you can do it.
                I think that only comes with the SkyCaddie.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

                Comment

                • byu71
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 22070

                  #443
                  Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  I think that only comes with the SkyCaddie.
                  Thanks. I had better check it out. I have SkyCaddie. Like my cell phone, digital TV, computer, etc., I only know how to use them for one thing. I am sure there are lots of bells and whistles on all of those gadgets I don't know about.

                  Comment

                  • The_Tick
                    Made something of myself
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7297

                    #444
                    What version do you have 71? There is a new one coming out that is killer. DT and I both have the SG5.

                    My golf game is coming back around.

                    I started lessons, my coach destroyed my swings. But we are rebuilding them and it is going to be good.

                    That graphic doesn't show it correctly, but I only missed 2 fairways my last round.

                    Comment

                    • Drunk Tank
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 2569

                      #445
                      Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                      Didn't see a birdie on the scorecard. Come on man, I know you can do it.


                      Here ya go 71,this one has a birdie on it, even though The Tick beat me this day. I have actually lost 2 in a row to him. We'll see how tomorrow fares.

                      The lessons I have been taking have really changed my swing (i am still not convinced for the better) but I am hitting better shots that are *just* missing the mark. It feels like I am playing better golf, but my scores have proven otherwise. My chipping and putting have been just a little off as well. Hopefully soon it will all come together.


                      The chart show my last 6 scores. I took my first lesson 1/3. As you can see, my scores have gotten worse. I guess i'm in the getting broken down phase before I get better, right?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Drunk Tank; 02-05-2010, 10:09 PM.
                      "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

                      Comment

                      • The_Tick
                        Made something of myself
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7297

                        #446
                        Today's round



                        Played pretty good. I was actually feeling it. I had quite a few birdie putts that I missed bad. Last hole I put one OB and one in the water. Other than that I was doing fairly well.

                        The pins were in a tough place. The local college was having a match there, so they placed the pin on the spine of a hill at every spot. And it sucked.

                        Comment

                        • byu71
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22070

                          #447
                          Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                          What version do you have 71? There is a new one coming out that is killer. DT and I both have the SG5.

                          My golf game is coming back around.

                          I started lessons, my coach destroyed my swings. But we are rebuilding them and it is going to be good.

                          That graphic doesn't show it correctly, but I only missed 2 fairways my last round.
                          I also have the SG5. I just use it too look at the distance to the pin. I really need to learn how to use all the other things it can do. Do you load your scores right on Skycaddie or on the web site when you are done.

                          Congrats to you and DT on improving your games. I didn't shoot in the 70's until I was in my 40's.

                          Comment

                          • The_Tick
                            Made something of myself
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7297

                            #448
                            Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                            I also have the SG5. I just use it too look at the distance to the pin. I really need to learn how to use all the other things it can do. Do you load your scores right on Skycaddie or on the web site when you are done.

                            Congrats to you and DT on improving your games. I didn't shoot in the 70's until I was in my 40's.
                            If you wanna shoot me your phone number, I can call you and walk you through all the real easy stuff.

                            Comment

                            • byu71
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22070

                              #449
                              Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                              If you wanna shoot me your phone number, I can call you and walk you through all the real easy stuff.
                              Thanks, sent via PM

                              Comment

                              • Drunk Tank
                                Senior Member
                                • Apr 2009
                                • 2569

                                #450
                                We got 9 holes in today. I had a great round going through 6 (30 with a birdie and a par). Then it started to rain. I sliced my tee shot to the next fairway, then duffed the ball 3 times in a row just trying to gete it back in my fairway, and carded a 10 on the hole(par 4). Then I got pissed for ruining a good round, and I let the game get the better of me. I went 13 over on the last 3 holes, then we quit because the rain was really coming down. Even if I had bogeyed the last 3 I would have been at a 45 (good for me), but I ended with a 55. I hate this game I love.
                                "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

                                Comment

                                Working...