The Golf Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 37983

    #3256
    Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Hey Mr xenophobe I found some American alternative for you.

    https://www.rockbottomgolf.com/golf-...CpUaAggZ8P8HAQ

    "Their price: $39.99" Nice Rockbottom.

    Either way, the American shipped alternative (still made in Germany, home of the NAZIS!) is no less expensive. Actually, its more expensive: $43 shipped for one dozen.

    Not that I'm a super cheapo (just a moderate one). Still, I can get pro v1s from Golf Galaxy right now for $39.99. But I'll still stick with my e6s.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37983

      #3257
      Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      whatever you do don't buy refinished pro v1s from rock bottom. they are not good.
      I tried refinished once. It was a bad idea.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • Flystripper
        Degenerate Gambler
        • Nov 2008
        • 14089

        #3258
        I am definitely going to try the kirkland balls if I can get my hands on some. They sell out in minutes. 15 bucks a dozen for a 4 piece ball that is damn near a pro v1 sounds amazing. I hope they are as good as advertised.
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

        Comment

        • falafel
          loves to talk on things
          • Mar 2009
          • 37983

          #3259
          Art, this is for you. No need to buy those german balls. Free shipping and free personalization too, for $39.99.

          http://www.golfgalaxy.com/p/titleist...tlm2015ttlsgbl
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          Dig your own grave, and save!

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • Art Vandelay
            Striving for mediocrity
            • Jul 2009
            • 10516

            #3260
            I have 5 dozen brand new Vice Pros, 2 dozen Snells, 5+ gallons of assorted balls and about 3 1/2 gallons of Pro V1s (all found in the last couple months)



            Comment

            • falafel
              loves to talk on things
              • Mar 2009
              • 37983

              #3261
              Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
              I have 5 dozen brand new Vice Pros, 2 dozen Snells, 5+ gallons of assorted balls and about 3 1/2 gallons of Pro V1s (all found in the last couple months)



              I didn't realize you lived on a golf course.

              Send me the chrome softs and the e6s. I know you're not going to use them. [emoji120]
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

              Dig your own grave, and save!

              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • byu71
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22070

                #3262
                Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                Just hit it with one hand, then people know you weren't really trying because it was good already. A guy I play with does this all the time, drives me crazy. Also it could be the middle of August and he's bumping his ball around like it's winter rules.
                We had a guy in our group who would do that. Walk up one hand it. If it went in he counted it if it didn't he would mark where it was. When I took over the group I put a stop to that kind of crap. I made sure this guy was in my group the first few times and when he would pull that I would write down a triple for him. Heated discussions, but eventually he got the message.

                Comment

                • old_gregg
                  scaly man fish
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 16915

                  #3263
                  Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  I have 5 dozen brand new Vice Pros, 2 dozen Snells, 5+ gallons of assorted balls and about 3 1/2 gallons of Pro V1s (all found in the last couple months)



                  yeah but are they water balls though
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                  Comment

                  • Art Vandelay
                    Striving for mediocrity
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 10516

                    #3264
                    Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    I didn't realize you lived on a golf course.
                    i don't. I just play a lot of early morning rounds when the course is relatively empty this time of year.

                    Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    yeah but are they water balls though
                    True. I only take the ones in mint condition. My boys use the rest of them throughout the year. My 13YO likes the colored ones. Thus the empty bucket. He likes to return them to the wild.

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37983

                      #3265
                      Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                      i don't. I just play a lot of early morning rounds when the course is relatively empty this time of year.
                      I notice you didn't respond to the other part of my comment.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • falafel
                        loves to talk on things
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 37983

                        #3266
                        Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                        yeah but are they water balls though
                        I see a Taylomrade in there. I'll bet those are just garbage balls on the bottom and Art put a few Pro V1s on top to make it look good.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                        Dig your own grave, and save!

                        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • old_gregg
                          scaly man fish
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 16915

                          #3267
                          so are we just going to let art's slippers slide or what
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                          Comment

                          • Pelado
                            Bald not naked
                            • Sep 2010
                            • 21139

                            #3268
                            Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            so are we just going to let art's slippers slide or what
                            Slippers? I thought those were his feet.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

                            Comment

                            • falafel
                              loves to talk on things
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 37983

                              #3269
                              Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              Slippers? I thought those were his feet.
                              Cloven feet... Oh shit.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                              Dig your own grave, and save!

                              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                                Time to camp
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 26082

                                #3270
                                Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                yep, especially a ball you know was well hit
                                I don't remember what that feels like.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

                                Comment

                                Working...