Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Thread for Runners

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Boise Idaho has pretty much the perfect weather for running right now. It cools down to like 40s or 50s at night even if it is in the 90s during the day. That means my morning runs are at the perfect temperature. Unfortunately I start night float on Friday so I don't know when/if I'll be able to run.

    Also I decided to get a pass to a gym here that has an indoor track for when winter comes. I can't run more than a quarter mile on a treadmill before wanting to give up.

    Comment


    • 8.1 m, 1:24:16. I started the run really freaked out that because I had wimped out in the rain yesterday and not ran (run? Donut help), I only had three days to finish the goal and was going to have to put in back to back to back long (for me) days. About halfway through I realized that I had three days after today, but I was already mentally into a long run. Turns out what I thought was a 7 mile route is 8, I'm really happy and this could be the start of a great day.

      11.86 to Husky denial.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

      Comment


      • Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        8.1 m, 1:24:16. I started the run really freaked out that because I had wimped out in the rain yesterday and not ran (run? Donut help), I only had three days to finish the goal and was going to have to put in back to back to back long (for me) days. About halfway through I realized that I had three days after today, but I was already mentally into a long run. Turns out what I thought was a 7 mile route is 8, I'm really happy and this could be the start of a great day.

        11.86 to Husky denial.

        Dude! Almost there.

        [YOUTUBE]t93PJlv3EgQ[/YOUTUBE]

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Slim View Post
          Boise Idaho has pretty much the perfect weather for running right now. It cools down to like 40s or 50s at night even if it is in the 90s during the day. That means my morning runs are at the perfect temperature. Unfortunately I start night float on Friday so I don't know when/if I'll be able to run.

          Also I decided to get a pass to a gym here that has an indoor track for when winter comes. I can't run more than a quarter mile on a treadmill before wanting to give up.
          Rub it in. The other night I got home from work at about 9:30p, and went for a run at 10:20p..the temperature was still 92 degrees, and it was sticky. It was horrific, but I'm glad I did it.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

          "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

          Comment


          • Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            8.1 m, 1:24:16. I started the run really freaked out that because I had wimped out in the rain yesterday and not ran (run? Donut help), I only had three days to finish the goal and was going to have to put in back to back to back long (for me) days. About halfway through I realized that I had three days after today, but I was already mentally into a long run. Turns out what I thought was a 7 mile route is 8, I'm really happy and this could be the start of a great day.

            11.86 to Husky denial.
            Trust your second-guessings.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

            Comment


            • Just ran 2 miles in 16:53. 8:26 pace. I'm pretty happy.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                Just ran 2 miles in 16:53. 8:26 pace. I'm pretty happy.
                Nice!
                When i started running, I didn't have GPS or mapmyrun or anything, so I'd run at the track at the gym. 2 miles was about what I could stand, so I would time myself doing it once or twice a week. I got down to mid 17's. Sub 17 is great.
                At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                  Nice!
                  When i started running, I didn't have GPS or mapmyrun or anything, so I'd run at the track at the gym. 2 miles was about what I could stand, so I would time myself doing it once or twice a week. I got down to mid 17's. Sub 17 is great.

                  Thanks. I am on Hal Higdons Half Marathon training and it calls for a 2 mile run every Wednesday. I use it to push my pace up as high as I can stand and then try and apply that to the longer runs. So far so good.

                  Comment


                  • 5.85 m, 1:01:47. 6.01 to go, I'm going to try and blast over 6 tomorrow. You know just like the usual Oregon/Washington game want to rest the starters in the 4th quarter on Saturday.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      5.85 m, 1:01:47. 6.01 to go, I'm going to try and blast over 6 tomorrow. You know just like the usual Oregon/Washington game want to rest the starters in the 4th quarter on Saturday.
                      Wish we we could be there at the 6.01 finish line. It's reallly quite impressive what you've done over the past couple of years. Let's be candid: a while back, you were the way my freshman dorm mother (Sis. Sumter of V-Hall) described herself: "fleshy". The idea of you running 100 miles in a lifetime, much less a month, was laughable. And here you are. Nice work.

                      Comment


                      • I think this summer's running theme will be "Just Survive!"

                        Running in 80+ degree weather (at 6:30am) and high humidity is incredibly tough. My splits have fallen off a bit and my HR goes up much faster. I'm still doing 4+ miles each time I go out, but man it's tough to finish those runs with a decent time. I'm hoping this training through the summer will pay off when the temps fall and I get those cool fall mornings again.

                        I also hate being drenched in sweat when I finish the run, and I mean drenched like dripping sweat for a good ten minutes after the run.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                        Comment


                        • 6.63 m, 1:11:01 in the victory formation! (0.62) Dawgs have been denied again. This has been one of the most satisfying personal goals I have achieved in a long time. Thanks for letting me clutter the running thread with my "runs", I will set another goal for July but just track that one on my own.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            6.63 m, 1:11:01 in the victory formation! (0.62) Dawgs have been denied again. This has been one of the most satisfying personal goals I have achieved in a long time. Thanks for letting me clutter the running thread with my "runs", I will set another goal for July but just track that one on my own.
                            Nicely done, HFNW!
                            :rockon1:

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              6.63 m, 1:11:01 in the victory formation! (0.62) Dawgs have been denied again. This has been one of the most satisfying personal goals I have achieved in a long time. Thanks for letting me clutter the running thread with my "runs", I will set another goal for July but just track that one on my own.
                              Nice work. FTR, I don't think anybody minds you posting here about your runs. And if it helps you meet your goals, all the more reason to post.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                6.63 m, 1:11:01 in the victory formation! (0.62) Dawgs have been denied again. This has been one of the most satisfying personal goals I have achieved in a long time. Thanks for letting me clutter the running thread with my "runs", I will set another goal for July but just track that one on my own.
                                Well done sir. And post all you like next month - I, for one, have found it inspiring to read.
                                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X