The Official Thread for Runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    It didn't detract at all, we only did Island Adventure though so we missed Simpsons and Spiderman.

ldc was convinced that would be too long of day for the kids, we bought the express pass which was the best money ever spent. Front of every line, except Harry Potter. We rode every water ride about 3 times, my shoes are still wet.
    I thought Spidey was at IoA. Too bad you missed it. We went to IoA the first time before it officially opened. We rode multiple times what was then called Dueling Dragons, the double roller coaster that's now part of Harry Potter World (or whatever). Time had a camera suspended on the front of our coaster to record our reactions, but apparently the terrified and contorted facial expressions of an aging hipster were too much for Time's general audience, and I never made the issue highlighting the new park.

Comment

• 4.84 m, 52:13. 30.72 to go.

I am glad I just went for a run today instead of pushing for golf, all kids were awake and rowdy when I got back from the run.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

• Ugly (read: hot) run in Vegas this morning. But at least its dry heat. You Houstonites are crazy.
        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
          Ugly (read: hot) run in Vegas this morning. But at least its dry heat. You Houstonites are crazy.
          Its going to be 108 today. Why would you go running?
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Its going to be 108 today. Why would you go running?
            So I can eat all I want while I sit at the pool all day.
            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• I went for 7 miles this morning, took me almost exactly 60 minutes. Not a great time, but I feel pretty good about it because it is double the longest distance I have run since mid May - and it included some SERIOUS hills.

Neighbors wants to run the Rivalry Relay and have talked me into joining them. I had no idea that sucker goes up over the top of Taverse. I'm working on getting in mountain shape to run that section.

Comment

• 4.97 m, 58:54. Today was one that I'm just happy I did, I was slow and tired and never found any kind of rhythm.

25.75 to go.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

• Wow. Just watched Ritz break down in tears after making the olympic team in the 10,000. After seeing him up close in the marathon trials (and seeing how close he came), I couldn't be happier!
                  Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• 5.79 m, 1:00:59. 19.96 to go!
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

• vacationing this week in san diego....went for a run around the hotel area and once again remembered why I love running at sea level (compared to home in Utah). had to remind myself to slow down since i was shooting for 'easy' pace...still ended up a full minute/mile faster than goal pace. felt like i could have run 6:30s today.

one of these years i'm gonna have to run a race here in Cali.

Comment

• Ran 4 miles for the first time in my life tonight. Nothing like jogging in 90 degree, sticky Houston weather at 1030 pm.

Slow as shit, but I still weigh over three bills, so I'm happy regardless.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Good for you GM -I don't know how any of you Texans manage running in that weather. I am having enough trouble here and I don't have to worry about the humidity

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
                            Good for you GM -I don't know how any of you Texans manage running in that weather. I am having enough trouble here and I don't have to worry about the humidity
                            I ran 4 miles this morning and it was awful out there. I had to walk for 30 seconds at one point. Running in the summer sucks, but it's good training for when things cool off.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Ran 4.02 in 37:14 at lunch today. Which is my fastest 4 mile pace. I am running the freedom run 10k and shooting for under an hour. Never done that before.

Comment

• The rest of you houstonians are crazy. I'm running at the gym today.
                                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X