Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
    Well, I hit the wall tonight.

No injuries, but my energy level hit the skids.

I left about 9:40. At right about 10, I felt so tired that I couldn't push on. I was only barely over 2 miles into my run. Luckily, I was right by a 7-11 and I had a 5 stashed in my arm band.

I bought a Hershey's Cookies 'n Cream milkshake drink and slammed it. Chased it with some water.

Then I headed out for the worst part of my run. 1.5 miles up 200 N in Kaysville. It's about a 300 foot climb. Not much, but I'd just hit the wall. Ugh.
    I gutted it out. Then I ran the remaining 3 miles home...most of it flat or downhill.

The total route was 6.5 miles. I took an hour and 7 minutes to slog it out.

I'm glad I'm done for the week and have a break. My joints feel fine. My feet feel fine. My legs feel like jello.

happyone will appreciate my route: From Ponds park north to 200 N Main. From there, climb 200 N to Country Lane (Brookhaven subdivision) from there south to Laurelwood (Fence Post)....from there west to Main...down Main to Burton....from there to Ponds Park.

All told, 26.7 miles in 4 days.
    Yep I definitely appreciate your route, I normally don't go over to Ponds park and I normally walk down the hill on 2nd N in Kaysville (I walk up Mutton Hallow to 89 about a 450ft rise in the same mile and a half and I don't even attempt to run it) One route I really like in Kaysville/Layton is the old Denver and Rio Grande right of way between West Gentile in Layton and Old Mill Lane?(the road that runs by the mill) in Kaysville - nice and flat, in the afternoons quite shady and you get to look into the back yards of all the McMansion owners. If I don't go that way, on my southern route I'll go down Fairfield to 2nd N and then 2nd East to DHS and return north via us91(main street). The east side of 2nd east has extremely wide curb strips with old maples and elms planted in it for most of the 5 blocks. In the fall it makes me feel like a kid again shuffling through the leaves. Plus during the spring and summer it is quite shady.

I'll repeat the advice already given - don't over do it
    Last edited by happyone; 06-13-2012, 07:09 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• PU you are a stud, good work!

5.3 m, 59:37. 52.83, I'm about 4 miles behind pace. Gotta step up.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

• Finally medal at a race! I can't tell you how many times ive gotten 4th. Third place, baby! And a bronze.
        19:15 at the 5k.

Now I'm getting smoked at ping pong. Er...uh...table tennis.
        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
          Finally medal at a race! I can't tell you how many times ive gotten 4th. Third place, baby! And a bronze.

Bravo!!! That is a great time and I'm jealous. I hope to join you under 20 someday soon.

How's your forehand loop?

Comment

Finally medal at a race! I can't tell you how many times ive gotten 4th. Third place, baby! And a bronze.

I finished 2.07 miles today at 18:38. So I totally could have swooped that last mile in 37 seconds. Great job.

Comment

• Originally posted by OhioBlue View Post
              Bravo!!! That is a great time and I'm jealous. I hope to join you under 20 someday soon.

How's your forehand loop?
              I discovered just how badly I suck. Why did you have to move?? I need someone to play.
              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                I finished 2.07 miles today at 18:38. So I totally could have swooped that last mile in 37 seconds. Great job.
                Ha...you might have. its a really fast course.
                Ill cross off sub 20 off my bucket list when its not downhill.
                -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Nice run, ER. There goes that 21-minute barrier.
                  "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• 5.32 m, 59:43. I'm behind pace, I need something Ducks aren't used to in the last 8 years a second half comeback! 47.51 to Husky denial.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

• 5.71 m (I really wanted to get to 6 because I plan on enjoying a Butter Beer at Harry Potter World today, I guess my route wasn't planned that well, so I'll just stay fat) 1:03:01. 41.8 to go, I officially a little worried.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

• 6.24 m, 1:06:30. I was really happy with today's run, (don't laugh regular posters to this thread) I felt fast being able to go 3 days in a row and keep my longest run of the week under 11 min miles.

I am really glad that today is a pool/hotel day not a theme park day or I would be dead man walking.

35.56 to go, close to being on pace.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

• I did 4.5 miles in 51 minutes last night.

I felt pretty good about things.

Getting better and more consistent, would like to push under 10 minute miles eventually.
                          Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• I have been asked to help layout the course for the 4th of July 10 k in my town. Trying to decide whether I want to do a course that favors me or if I should do one that favors my wife. We have won the last 5 years, and I have somehow managed to just stay ahead of my wife in all of those.

Should be a lot of fun once again, though I haven't run at all in 2 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              6.24 m, 1:06:30. I was really happy with today's run, (don't laugh regular posters to this thread) I felt fast being able to go 3 days in a row and keep my longest run of the week under 11 min miles.

I am really glad that today is a pool/hotel day not a theme park day or I would be dead man walking.

35.56 to go, close to being on pace.
                              Isn't your deadline June 30? I've been thinking you're well ahead of your target and, if anything, can slow it down a bit. Also, I hope all this pavement pounding didn't detract from Islands of Adventure/Universal Studios. Spiderman and The Simpsons are two of my favorite rides.

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                              I have been asked to help layout the course for the 4th of July 10 k in my town. Trying to decide whether I want to do a course that favors me or if I should do one that favors my wife. We have won the last 5 years, and I have somehow managed to just stay ahead of my wife in all of those.

Should be a lot of fun once again, though I haven't run at all in 2 months.
                              You owe it to your wife to give her a challenge she can work toward. Favor yourself. Duh.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                Isn't your deadline June 30? I've been thinking you're well ahead of your target and, if anything, can slow it down a bit. Also, I hope all this pavement pounding didn't detract from Islands of Adventure/Universal Studios. Spiderman and The Simpsons are two of my favorite rides.
                                It didn't detract at all, we only did Island Adventure though so we missed Simpsons and Spiderman.

ldc was convinced that would be too long of day for the kids, we bought the express pass which was the best money ever spent. Front of every line, except Harry Potter. We rode every water ride about 3 times, my shoes are still wet.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X