Breaking Bad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SCcoug
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 7625

    #1591
    Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    The only thing I can think is if Walt some how discovers that his product is still on the market. Wouldn't Saul have had to set Walt up with the disappear guy? Maybe they maintain some communication (obviously next week's teaser indicates they at least get back in touch).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    That shouldn't surprise him. It was already on the market when he got out of the game for a while and the Uncle Jack and crew were going to have him cook for them to get Todd up to speed.

    Walt doesn't have it in him to cold turkey cut of all contact. He will try and reestablish contact at some point and find out about whatever Jack and Co have done in his absence. Maybe he just keeps an eye on ABQ police blotter and notices something that hits close to home.
    Last edited by SCcoug; 09-16-2013, 09:23 AM.

    Comment

    • MarkGrace
      Grooveshark dick tease
      • Dec 2008
      • 31546

      #1592
      Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
      The only thing I can think is if Walt some how discovers that his product is still on the market. Wouldn't Saul have had to set Walt up with the disappear guy? Maybe they maintain some communication (obviously next week's teaser indicates they at least get back in touch).


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
      That's probably what will happen. previously Saul has made it clear that when you disappear, you really disappear. But obviously they're going to have future contact based on that teaser.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69705

        #1593
        Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
        So who thrashes the home? Todd and his uncle have no reason to rip it apart.
        Kids. Same ones skating in the empty pool.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #1594
          Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
          Jesse seems like the only thing worth coming back for at this point, so it makes some sense. I just have no idea how he'd find out about Jesse.
          It would be a great twist if the character that wasn't supposed to make it out of season 1 end up the only man standing at the end of this thing. At this point I just really want this to happen. I want to see one more badass and flawlessly executed plan from Walt/Heisenberg.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • bluegoose
            7th round draft pick
            • Nov 2008
            • 4121

            #1595
            A couple of questions:

            First, and this one probably is a moot point by now, but do we know for sure if Brock knows that Walt poisoned him? He is certainly standoffish toward Walt, but he has never given any indication that Walt is a danger or that Walt threatened him or anything. I don't really even recall hearing how Walt got close enough to Brock to poison him in the first place.

            Second, why did Walt tell Jesse in the desert that he watched Jane die? It seemed out of character for Walt to do that when he did. Sure, he has now ordered the hit on Jesse at least twice now, but he has always shown compassion to Jesse, and I really think he considers him "like family". There has to be a better reason for him have done that when he did.

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #1596
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Kids. Same ones skating in the empty pool.
              Yeah, I don't think anything big is going to happen to the home. Police/DEA are going to take it over as a crime/investigation scene, and it will obviously get out that Walt was a meth dealer and the famous Heisenberg. From there it's just going to be vandals rummaging through and spray painting and what not.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • bluegoose
                7th round draft pick
                • Nov 2008
                • 4121

                #1597
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Kids. Same ones skating in the empty pool.
                But what about "Heisenberg" written on the wall?

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69705

                  #1598
                  Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                  But what about "Heisenberg" written on the wall?
                  The story should be all over the news now, right?
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • MarkGrace
                    Grooveshark dick tease
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 31546

                    #1599
                    Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                    A couple of questions:

                    First, and this one probably is a moot point by now, but do we know for sure if Brock knows that Walt poisoned him? He is certainly standoffish toward Walt, but he has never given any indication that Walt is a danger or that Walt threatened him or anything. I don't really even recall hearing how Walt got close enough to Brock to poison him in the first place.

                    Second, why did Walt tell Jesse in the desert that he watched Jane die? It seemed out of character for Walt to do that when he did. Sure, he has now ordered the hit on Jesse at least twice now, but he has always shown compassion to Jesse, and I really think he considers him "like family". There has to be a better reason for him have done that when he did.
                    Spite of the moment? Jesse just cost him everything, so he lashed out and showed him what he had taken away from him.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                    Comment

                    • San Juan Sun
                      Kicked to the curb
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 9214

                      #1600
                      Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                      I'm still open to the idea that Walt uses the Ricin on himself. Who else could it be for? Lydia is a possibility since if I recall he thought about doing it once. But she's pretty much out of the picture and there's no real motivation there. Anything related to the Todd and his uncle crew is likely going to be a violent gun battle. Obviously it's not going to be Skyler. Maybe Jesse, as Walt feels like he cost him everything. But at this point Walt saving Jesse seems likelier than killing him.
                      I could easily see Walt saving Jesse, killing the neo-Nazis with that huge machine gun, and then lighting a (ricin) cigarette one last time...
                      "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                      - Ty Cobb

                      Comment

                      • MarkGrace
                        Grooveshark dick tease
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 31546

                        #1601
                        Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                        I could easily see Walt saving Jesse, killing the neo-Nazis with that huge machine gun, and then lighting a (ricin) cigarette one last time...
                        When this season started I had no idea how I wanted it to end. But at this point, Walt saving Jesse is how I want it to end.
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                        Comment

                        • MarkGrace
                          Grooveshark dick tease
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 31546

                          #1602
                          That episode was seriously the most unrelenting and punishing hour to ever grace a television set. It was like having your heart ripped out while also getting punched in the stomach and kicked in the nuts at the same time. But man, it was stone cold brilliant. Cranston's performance on the phone was epic. With as many great performances as we've seen from other members of the cast this year, that one trumps them all. Total master class. People should study that shit in drama school.
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                          Comment

                          • MarkGrace
                            Grooveshark dick tease
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 31546

                            #1603
                            Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            I thought the phone call was as obvious as Hank's was to Marie last week. It was completely an act for the police. Skyler realizes this about 1/2 way through. When she pauses and says, "I'm sorry" she means it. Not the battered wife apologizing for what he was claiming, but as a woman who realized she will never see her husband again.
                            Just watched the last 8 mins of the episode and I think this is dead on the money. And I think all the threats and the warning about Hank are like Coach said: an opportunity for her to play the Battered Wife Syndrome card. He completely exculpates her in that call.

                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                            Comment

                            • Color Me Badd Fan
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 12519

                              #1604
                              If anyone here happens to come across Bryan Cranston in public, I hope you tell him how great you thought he was in Seinfeld.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                              Comment

                              • SoCalCoug
                                Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 5214

                                #1605
                                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                                I'm still open to the idea that Walt uses the Ricin on himself. Who else could it be for? Lydia is a possibility since if I recall he thought about doing it once. But she's pretty much out of the picture and there's no real motivation there. Anything related to the Todd and his uncle crew is likely going to be a violent gun battle. Obviously it's not going to be Skyler. Maybe Jesse, as Walt feels like he cost him everything. But at this point Walt saving Jesse seems likelier than killing him.
                                Maybe giving Jesse the ricin is a way of saving him from being a slave for the rest of this life. Because you know he's not getting out of that cook room alive.
                                If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

                                "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

                                "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

                                Comment

                                Working...