Breaking Bad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • The_Douger
    Athletic Supporter
    • Jun 2012
    • 5413

    #1561
    Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    That thought crossed my mind during the episode as well, but I'm not sure how that would work out. We've still got to make a jump forward in time here, and would they really hold onto Jesse that long? Their plan was to get information from him and then kill him. But maybe their intentions have changed. Maybe it's like you say and they'll hold him in some form of slavery to cook for them.
    They're going to make him teach Todd how to cook the good meth, right? But, once Todd has it down, I suspect they'll kill him.

    Shit really hit the fan tonight.

    I thought it was stupid that Walt offered his money to try and save Hank. Hank is shot and needs medical attention. It's obvious he's not going to make it out.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

    Comment

    • MarkGrace
      Grooveshark dick tease
      • Dec 2008
      • 31546

      #1562
      Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      I re-watched the opening scene and enjoyed it even more the second time. When Skylar is talking during the flashback scene she's very content, she made $9 on the sale of that stupid ceramic clown, and she likes Walt's suggestion that the family go off together for the weekend. And as she talks she's standing next to the set of knives...

      Later in the episode when we see her again in the kitchen next to the knives, the conversation is about money and Walt's "suggestion" that the family head out together, but things have changed.
      And there's also them discussing and picking the name Holly and then him stealing Holly.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

      Comment

      • MarkGrace
        Grooveshark dick tease
        • Dec 2008
        • 31546

        #1563
        Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
        When you saw Walt rolling that boulder through the desert, did anyone else think of Sisyphus?
        This guy did:

        The one spot of comedy in the episode, when Walt rolls his barrel of cash through the desert to an incongruous soundtrack, reminded me the myth of Sisyphus. That’s probably intentional—the entire run of Breaking Bad has, essentially, been Walt rolling that barrel of money up a hill only to have it come thundering back down. Now, he’s lost nearly everything and crossed nearly every line. And we know it pains him: His priorities are still such that he offers up the full $80 million for Hank’s life, and his aspirations are such that he still insists to Skyler that all would be OK if she and Walter Jr. would just pack up and leave with him.
        http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...e-them/279664/
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

        Comment

        • YOhio
          Hipster Mode
          • Nov 2008
          • 26165

          #1564
          I wonder how Walt got the barrel and all of his luggage to the side of the road without arising suspicion.

          Comment

          • jay santos
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 13652

            #1565
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            I predict that the series will end with Walt dying in a shootout while rescuing Jesse from slavery. Thus he will get some small measure of redemption.
            This feels right. That lock and chain thing they have set up looks like it's meant for a semi-permanent situation. And Todd is not smart enough to learn how to cook meth by himself. Walt is in New Hampshire for a while (do we know how long?). And somehow finds out what they're doing to Jesse.

            Comment

            • UVACoug
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2013
              • 2685

              #1566
              Originally posted by jay santos View Post
              This feels right. That lock and chain thing they have set up looks like it's meant for a semi-permanent situation. And Todd is not smart enough to learn how to cook meth by himself. Walt is in New Hampshire for a while (do we know how long?). And somehow finds out what they're doing to Jesse.
              I think it would be fitting for the series to end with Jesse putting a bullet in Walt's head.


              Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

              Comment

              • jay santos
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 13652

                #1567
                Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post

                I know Vince Gilligan understands Walt. Just for some reason he likes to say there is nothing redeemable about him, but keeps having him do these inarguably admirable things. Although sure he's done a lot of really bad things, too.
                I watched the Talking Bad episode after the first or second episode of this last half season with Julie Bowen (Modern Family) and Vince Gilligan. Julie Bowen was quite charming and made me want to watch Modern Family. And she's a superfan of BB. She was as into it as anyone here in this thread. And she's an unabashed Walt fan. They were talking about this. Gilligan was repeating his thing about how he finds it interesting that so many people are cheering for Walt, who's such a dark character. But he was doing it in a real coy way, teasing Julie Bowen for it. Kind of like he was acting cocky for being so brilliant that he created a dark character that people cheer for. He's toying with his fan base when he's doing his anti-Walt shtick. He knows Walt's a very sympathetic character.

                Comment

                • jay santos
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 13652

                  #1568
                  Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  It was completely an act for the police. Skyler realizes this about 1/2 way through. When she pauses and says, "I'm sorry" she means it. Not the battered wife apologizing for what he was claiming, but as a woman who realized she will never see her husband again.
                  Oh I want this to be true. I'm a sucker for redemptive love stories. But I rewatched this and I don't think there's any recognition at all in Skylar. It's obvious it was all done for show by Walt. But I didn't see any clues on Skylar's part. What made you think this?

                  Comment

                  • SCcoug
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7625

                    #1569
                    Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                    This feels right. That lock and chain thing they have set up looks like it's meant for a semi-permanent situation. And Todd is not smart enough to learn how to cook meth by himself. Walt is in New Hampshire for a while (do we know how long?). And somehow finds out what they're doing to Jesse.
                    Enough time passes to grow some hair. Would his fake id have his same birthday?

                    Comment

                    • scottie
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 5247

                      #1570
                      Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                      Oh I want this to be true. I'm a sucker for redemptive love stories. But I rewatched this and I don't think there's any recognition at all in Skylar. It's obvious it was all done for show by Walt. But I didn't see any clues on Skylar's part. What made you think this?
                      Walt was so over the top with his accusations -- "Why can't you do one thing I say... You just dragged me down while I did everything..." -- that I don't know how she wouldn't have recognized it; she knows she did some of the things he told her to do and that he didn't do everything.

                      Comment

                      • SoCalCoug
                        Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5214

                        #1571
                        Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                        Enough time passes to grow some hair. Would his fake id have his same birthday?
                        We do. He comes back on his birthday, one year from the start of this last half season.
                        If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

                        "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

                        "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

                        Comment

                        • SteelBlue
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 8189

                          #1572
                          Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                          Oh I want this to be true. I'm a sucker for redemptive love stories. But I rewatched this and I don't think there's any recognition at all in Skylar. It's obvious it was all done for show by Walt. But I didn't see any clues on Skylar's part. What made you think this?
                          I felt it was true. Skylar's a smart woman, she knows she was in it as deep as Walt was, so when Walt's talking about her not knowing anything about what he does and is going out of his way to show that it was all him, how could she not realize what he's doing?

                          Comment

                          • jay santos
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 13652

                            #1573
                            Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                            I felt it was true. Skylar's a smart woman, she knows she was in it as deep as Walt was, so when Walt's talking about her not knowing anything about what he does and is going out of his way to show that it was all him, how could she not realize what he's doing?
                            OK, I just watched again, and I think I might see some recognition when Skylar is nodding her head and says "you're right" when Walt is saying he did it all alone. But then why does she go right into asking about Hank?

                            Comment

                            • old_gregg
                              scaly man fish
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 16915

                              #1574
                              Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                              OK, I just watched again, and I think I might see some recognition when Skylar is nodding her head and says "you're right" when Walt is saying he did it all alone. But then why does she go right into asking about Hank?
                              because walt says "you'll end up like hank." he is definitely shifting culpability to him, the reaction while he's talking and the way he describes skyler as clueless (a la the IRS/ted meeting) is intended to portray her as much less complicit than she actually is.
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                              Comment

                              • jay santos
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 13652

                                #1575
                                There's no way Todd could be acting alone with using Jesse to cook could he? Why didn't he tell his uncles that's why he wanted him back at the ranch?

                                Comment

                                Working...