Originally posted by jay santos
View Post
Breaking Bad
Collapse
X
-
-
I can't believe there are still people hoping for this.Originally posted by MarkGrace View PostWhen this season started I had no idea how I wanted it to end. But at this point, Walt saving Jesse is how I want it to end.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
-Berry Trammel, 12/3/10
Comment
-
Which is why coming back to save Jesse makes sense.Originally posted by SteelBlue View PostI think it was perfectly within character. He has always been bipolar with Jesse. Take, for instance, when Jesse wanted his cut of the money and to get out of the business. Walt goes off on him (which has always involved letting him know what a worthless pos he really is) tells him he gets nothing and sends him out of his life forever, (which is what he perceived Jess to be doing to him). Then as time passes he feels something toward him, knocks on the door and there's his whole cut in duffle bags. It's happened several times over the years. Walt loses it when he perceives disloyalty, which for him appears to be the ultimate sin. By betraying him to the DEA, Jessie crossed the red line of disloyalty and Walt is crossing it right back, in what he perceives as equal measure.So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.
Comment
-
I can't see him saving Jesse either. Not after the Jane reveal. That was all spite. All pure 100% evil twisted spite, turn the knife before you die after being tortured spite. That was waaaaay beyond wanting a quick and painless death for Jesse.Originally posted by ERCougar View PostI can't believe there are still people hoping for this.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
If he hated Jesse for getting Hank killed (in his mind), how much more does he hate him for his family turning on him because Hank died (again, Walt's mind). And plus he thinks Jesse is dead at this point!Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.
Comment
-
Agree with both of you.Originally posted by MarkGrace View PostWhich is why coming back to save Jesse makes sense.
The 'few things' he still has to do:
1) get skyler the money
2) explain what happened to hank
3) free Jesse
4) optional: kill skinheads, hopefully in conjunction with 3)
1-3 need to happen or I'm going to hate the show. Sorry...I like clean endings. Clean being relative, of course.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
-Berry Trammel, 12/3/10
Comment
-
Why is #2 such a big deal?Originally posted by ERCougar View PostAgree with both of you.
The 'few things' he still has to do:
1) get skyler the money
2) explain what happened to hank
3) free Jesse
4) optional: kill skinheads, hopefully in conjunction with 3)
1-3 need to happen or I'm going to hate the show. Sorry...I like clean endings. Clean being relative, of course.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.
Comment
-
Walt has been known to re-analyze things after being given some time to think. I can see it happening. But who knows?Originally posted by Pheidippides View PostI can't see him saving Jesse either. Not after the Jane reveal. That was all spite. All pure 100% evil twisted spite, turn the knife before you die after being tortured spite. That was waaaaay beyond wanting a quick and painless death for Jesse.
If he hated Jesse for getting Hank killed (in his mind), how much more does he hate him for his family turning on him because Hank died (again, Walt's mind). And plus he thinks Jesse is dead at this point!"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
"It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
"Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
Comment
-
I think it's a huge deal to Walt. He's dying, his legacy is his most important (only) thing he has at this point, and the basis for this whole mess. It's in ruins right now.Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View PostWhy is #2 such a big deal?
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
-Berry Trammel, 12/3/10
Comment
-
Yeah, it's the pattern SteelBlue referred to. I think it will play out again here.Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View PostWalt has been known to re-analyze things after being given some time to think. I can see it happening. But who knows?
I've also been thinking a lot about Gilligan's "everyone gets what they deserve" comment. That was the point where I started to feel like Skyler, Flynn, Jesse, etc. weren't going to end up dead. The tough one to reconcile in that is Hank, who clearly didn't deserve to die, but in many ways that was as much Walt's "get what you deserve" moment as anything.So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.
Comment
-
Really feel like this is what's going to happen. I don't think it will necessarily be "clean," but there will be some manner of redemption for Walt before he dies, and that started with the phone call.Originally posted by ERCougar View PostAgree with both of you.
The 'few things' he still has to do:
1) get skyler the money
2) explain what happened to hank
3) free Jesse
4) optional: kill skinheads, hopefully in conjunction with 3)
1-3 need to happen or I'm going to hate the show. Sorry...I like clean endings. Clean being relative, of course.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.
Comment
-
If you ask me, the catalyst in all of this is going to be Jesse's confession. It's at Hank's house, which means Marie may want to swap out her purple for camo. If there are gradations in family, Marie is closer to Walt than Hank - a blood relative of Skylar, not merely by marriage. And if Marie is in danger, does that put the rest of the gang there?Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View PostWalt has been known to re-analyze things after being given some time to think. I can see it happening. But who knows?
How it happens is beyond me. Seems like Saul gets in touch with Walt, but why? How? How fast can the news really flow? It seems like Saul is not privy to the operations of the Kirby salesman - or is he?
I think that Skylar, Marie, Flynn and Holly are all dead, or at a minimum gone beyond the reach of Walt. Walt from the flash forwards is not an ego-driven manifestation of evil. He's a man broken, bereft of family or friends, left to wander the earth to contemplate his sins.
Maybe he does save Jesse. Maybe Jesse is all the family he has left to save.Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.
Comment
-
Yes, wasn't necessary because did you see he left a note on baby Holly? I think it gave their home address, regardless there was a note.Originally posted by jay santos View PostHmm. So he knew cops were listening. And he was giving the baby away. But he didn't want the phone triangulated so he could have time to get away? OK, got it. I thought he was offering his location as part of the baby transfer. So they would know where to look. But i guess that was not necessary.
Comment
-
So what's Marie going to do? She's not done in this story yet, and based on what we've seen out of her in the last few weeks it's not out of question that she'll try and exact some revenge. But how? There's a hell of lot of duct tape in there (and some dice?); what's she planning? Take Skyler, Holly and Flynn hostage to force Walt out into the open? I could see her completely losing her shit.Originally posted by MarkGrace View PostOk, you guys are going to like this. Or not if it's too spoiler-y.
So there's this store in Seattle called The Purple Store. I've driven by it a few times and always joked that Marie must shop there. Well...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2742[/ATTACH]So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.
Comment
-
It definitely had a name and home address.Originally posted by scottie View PostYes, wasn't necessary because did you see he left a note on baby Holly? I think it gave their home address, regardless there was a note.Last edited by MarkGrace; 09-16-2013, 02:14 PM.So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.
Comment
-
I read Andy Greenwald's recap and he brought up the point that the Jesse has probably told the Nazis about the tape he made with Hank and Gomez. I think the next episode is going to involve the events surrounding them getting that tape. Just imagine if the police take Skyler, and the kids to Marie's house while they're keeping them in protective custody which is where the Nazis might be going to get the tape.
There are couple problems with placing Skyler and the kids and Marie's house -- 1) Marie is still in shock and hates Skyler; 2) The police will be wanting to go through the house to find out what happened to Hank.
The next episode has to resolve quite a few things, why does Walter and Skyler's house get trashed? Is the scrawling of Heisenberg on the wall because Walter White became infamous and it's simply some teenager's graffiti or is it because the Nazis came and destroyed his house on the inside?
Even though last night's episode was downright unsettling, just imagine what it would be like if Skyler and the children are murdered. I don't know if the writers will go that far.Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”
Comment
Comment