Nice little squib on Travis Wilson in today's LA Times:
Utah Recruiting
Collapse
X
-
“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
― W.H. Auden
"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
-- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
-
In HIGH SCHOOL, we would get in BIG trouble and would be benched for baseball or basketball games if we were caught skiing. He may as well leave the snowboard at home. He won't even be allowed to wear his boots inside his dorm room.Originally posted by UtahDan View PostIt's cute that he thinks he will be able to use his snow board.
A future star QB would let down the team, school, and the collective fanbase if he sustained a shoulder or wrist injury while snowboarding.
Comment
-
Utah gets a commitment from Alexandru Ceachir, an OT from California. He's an early enrollee, and coaches are expecting he'll compete for a starting spot next season.
Solid pick-up."I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
"Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute
Comment
-
-
I found this interesting.
Utah has the largest difference of NFL talent produced vs. recruiting ranking in the country. Or in other words, Utah is developing more of its average recruits and turning them into NFL draft picks than most schools.
Click here for the 2012 NFL Draft Matrix updates and stats By Dave Bartoo, Founder CFBMatrix email| dave@cfbmatrix.com follow on twitter @cfbmatrix for all CFB picks and best bets in 2012 As a site…

I came across this while reading an Arizona State Message Board Thread regarding about Whittingham to the Sun Devils. Pretty entertaining thread, some ASU fans find it unforgivable to lose to Colorado at home and don't want anything to do with Whitt, while others think it would be an incredible hire.Last edited by Scorcho; 12-12-2011, 03:22 PM.
Comment
-
This is akin to you and I arguing about whether or not we'd get it on with Cindy Crawford or not because she was much better 15 years ago than she is now.Originally posted by Scorcho View Post
Some ASU fans find it unforgivable to lose to Colorado at home and don't want anything to do with Whitt, while others think it would be an incredible hire.
It's not going to happen so WTF are those losers even talking about Whit? Yeah, the CU loss probably makes him a bit less attractive, but he's still not an option for them.
Comment
-
Kid is from Moldova. Has only played 2 years of organized football and is reportedly still kind of raw. From Santa Monica College. Should help on the o- line. "The Moldovan Mauler." I can see it now....Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View PostJC transfer, yeah?“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
― W.H. Auden
"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
-- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Comment
-
-
I look forward to the day he pancakes a kid and a clever Ute fan says the poor soul got "Cheachired". Or they make a wildcat package for him called the Cheachir package.Originally posted by LA Ute View PostKid is from Moldova. Has only played 2 years of organized football and is reportedly still kind of raw. From Santa Monica College. Should help on the o- line. "The Moldovan Mauler." I can see it now...."Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault
"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors
Comment
-
Originally posted by Blueintheface View PostI look forward to the day he pancakes a kid and a clever Ute fan says the poor soul got "Cheachired". Or they make a wildcat package for him called the Cheachir package.
a Ute fan would only use Weddle as a verb.
"I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
"Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute
Comment
-
Don't make me do a "Blenchened" search on ufn. You wouldn't like what I'd find.Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
a Ute fan would only use Weddle as a verb."Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault
"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors
Comment
-
Joke's on you, they disabled the in-board search function.Originally posted by Blueintheface View PostDon't make me do a "Blenchened" search on ufn. You wouldn't like what I'd find.
Also, your ufn search would yield results from people who post on ufn. Of course I won't like what you find."I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
"Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute
Comment
-
Dang! UofUtah opening up a Moldovan pipeline.Originally posted by LA Ute View PostKid is from Moldova. Has only played 2 years of organized football and is reportedly still kind of raw. From Santa Monica College. Should help on the o- line. "The Moldovan Mauler." I can see it now....Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!
For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.
Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."
Comment
Comment