Red Dead Redemption: BYU vs. Utah 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Art Vandelay
    Striving for mediocrity
    • Jul 2009
    • 10516

    #271
    I think the line for next week is BYU is -2.5 if Utah holds on and -3.5 if OSU pulls this out.

    Comment

    • Mormon Red Death
      BYU Delenda Est
      • Nov 2008
      • 8077

      #272
      Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
      I think the line for next week is BYU is -2.5 if Utah holds on and -3.5 if OSU pulls this out.
      I got utes +7.5 back in July

      Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

      "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

      Comment

      • All-American
        Right, as Usual
        • Nov 2008
        • 15674

        #273
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #274
          Welcome, dejected utes.

          BYUs defense is much better than Oregon State's defense.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • Coach McGuirk
            1
            • Nov 2008
            • 12109

            #275
            I still need to see the first five minutes of this game to see if we just give it away.

            Comment

            • SCcoug
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 7625

              #276
              Any plans for a rivalry banner this week?

              Comment

              • USUC
                Chronic Poseur
                • Apr 2010
                • 8801

                #277
                After listening to the various Ute post game shows on my drive home, here is what the local media thinks of Utah going in to BYU:

                -don't worry about Wilson's interceptions, BYU's defense didn't get turnovers
                -don't worry about poor defensive back field, BYU can't pass
                -Wilson will take advantage of BYU's weakness at CB.
                -Wilson's ability to run and pass will neutralize the effectiveness of BYU's front seven.

                I really shouldn't listen to local sports radio.

                Comment

                • MartyFunkhouser
                  Disciple of RNGesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 18762

                  #278
                  Originally posted by USUC View Post
                  After listening to the various Ute post game shows on my drive home, here is what the local media thinks of Utah going in to BYU:

                  -don't worry about Wilson's interceptions, BYU's defense didn't get turnovers
                  -don't worry about poor defensive back field, BYU can't pass
                  -Wilson will take advantage of BYU's weakness at CB.
                  -Wilson's ability to run and pass will neutralize the effectiveness of BYU's front seven.

                  I really shouldn't listen to local sports radio.
                  I worry about Wilson's interceptions.

                  I'm not worried about Hill's passing. Mannion is much better passer and Hill can't exploit this weakness like him. Plus byu doesn't have a receiver like Cooks.

                  I do think Wilson can take advantage of byu's corners.

                  It is laughable to think Wilson will neutralize the front 7.
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

                  Comment

                  • Omaha 680
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2011
                    • 11183

                    #279
                    Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                    I worry about Wilson's interceptions.

                    I'm not worried about Hill's passing. Mannion is much better passer and Hill can't exploit this weakness like him. Plus byu doesn't have a receiver like Cooks.

                    I do think Wilson can take advantage of byu's corners.

                    It is laughable to think Wilson will neutralize the front 7.
                    I agree mostly. Wilson can abuse our corners if he is given time. However he will be pressured early and often. Utah's OL and Wilson haven't faced a pass rush of BYU's caliber yet.

                    I fully expect BYU to shut down Wilson on the ground.

                    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

                    Comment

                    • YOhio
                      Hipster Mode
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26165

                      #280
                      Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                      Any plans for a rivalry banner this week?
                      No. Taking their name off the banner and forum name should suffice.

                      Comment

                      • Art Vandelay
                        Striving for mediocrity
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 10516

                        #281
                        Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                        I think the line for next week is BYU is -2.5 if Utah holds on and -3.5 if OSU pulls this out.
                        Opening at BYU -6.0 or -6.5. I'm not sure sportsbooks listen to SLC radio.

                        Comment

                        • San Juan Sun
                          Kicked to the curb
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 9214

                          #282
                          I've been laughing all morning about the ASU/Wiscy game, and then it hits me... will we have PAC refs on Saturday?
                          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                          - Ty Cobb

                          Comment

                          • YOhio
                            Hipster Mode
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26165

                            #283
                            Saturday is going to be a miserably long day. Game doesn't start until 10:15 and I'm already in funky Friday mode.

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #284
                              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              Saturday is going to be a miserably long day. Game doesn't start until 10:15 and I'm already in funky Friday mode.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • USUC
                                Chronic Poseur
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 8801

                                #285
                                Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                                I've been laughing all morning about the ASU/Wiscy game, and then it hits me... will we have PAC refs on Saturday?
                                Maybe its the best timing BYU could hope for. The PAC-12 refs will be under a microscope next week because of this and will call a careful game... Right? Still doesn't make a lot of sense for officiating to be handled by the conference. Much like the coaches poll, bias appears to be involved.

                                Comment

                                Working...