Red Dead Redemption: BYU vs. Utah 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wapiti
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 2064

    #301
    I'm not sure the strengths and weaknesses of BYU and OSU could be more different. They have a pro-style offense with a QB to match and a big-time playmaker at WR. BYU's offense is run based and it's likely that Kwhitt will dare Hill to try and take advantage of Hoffman's ability.

    Defensively, they are pretty weak up front, have linebackers that are slow, and can't get a pass rush, but they have a pretty good secondary. BYU is the exact opposite.

    I don't think there are very many conclusions to be drawn for the BYU game based on the loss to OSU.

    Comment

    • cougjunkie
      *Banned*
      • Nov 2008
      • 23223

      #302
      Originally posted by wapiti View Post
      I'm not sure the strengths and weaknesses of BYU and OSU could be more different. They have a pro-style offense with a QB to match and a big-time playmaker at WR. BYU's offense is run based and it's likely that Kwhitt will dare Hill to try and take advantage of Hoffman's ability.

      Defensively, they are pretty weak up front, have linebackers that are slow, and can't get a pass rush, but they have a pretty good secondary. BYU is the exact opposite.

      I don't think there are very many conclusions to be drawn for the BYU game based on the loss to OSU.
      That good secondary just gave up 500 yards through the air. Byu has suspect corners but very good safeties. I also don't think you aee giving Hoffman enough credit as a playmaker on the outside.

      Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
      *Banned*

      Comment

      • The_Douger
        Athletic Supporter
        • Jun 2012
        • 5413

        #303
        Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        That good secondary just gave up 500 yards through the air. Byu has suspect corners but very good safeties. I also don't think you aee giving Hoffman enough credit as a playmaker on the outside.

        Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
        I just don't see Hill being able to take advantage of this. I think their secondary is ok, our QB is completing a third of his passes. The way we play is exactly how Utah needs us to play to beat us in this game.
        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

        Comment

        • il Padrino Ute
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 19161

          #304
          I had more confidence at the beginning of the season about 4 in a row than I do now. Still, never say die. Utes win a close one. Again.
          "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


          "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

          Comment

          • wapiti
            Junior Member
            • Apr 2012
            • 2064

            #305
            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            That good secondary just gave up 500 yards through the air. Byu has suspect corners but very good safeties. I also don't think you aee giving Hoffman enough credit as a playmaker on the outside.
            I was referring to OSU who only gave up 279 through the air last night. Not a great number but with no pass rush it wasn't bad especially when they mixed in 3 ints.

            Hoffman is great but I question our ability to get him the ball. Io realize he hasn't been healthy yet so hopefully that changes on Saturday.

            Comment

            • cougjunkie
              *Banned*
              • Nov 2008
              • 23223

              #306
              Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
              I had more confidence at the beginning of the season about 4 in a row than I do now. Still, never say die. Utes win a close one. Again.
              I feel differently I was more confident before the season. Wilson has made huge strides and really impressed me.

              Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
              *Banned*

              Comment

              • Jarid in Cedar
                CS Institutional Memory
                • Jun 2009
                • 13234

                #307
                Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                I feel differently I was more confident before the season. Wilson has made huge strides and really impressed me.

                Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                I am more intrepid than preseason. Wilson's improvement is awesome, but our defense has hit WTF territory.

                Conversely, BYU has had 2 Jekyl and Hyde games on offense. Who knows who they really are.
                Last edited by Jarid in Cedar; 09-15-2013, 06:28 PM.
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                -Rick Majerus

                Comment

                • Flystripper
                  Degenerate Gambler
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 14095

                  #308
                  Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  I feel differently I was more confident before the season. Wilson has made huge strides and really impressed me.

                  Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                  Same. I am very worried about this game.
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

                  Comment

                  • old_gregg
                    scaly man fish
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 16915

                    #309
                    Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                    Opening at BYU -6.0 or -6.5. I'm not sure sportsbooks listen to SLC radio.
                    already moved to -7
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #310
                      Why anyone will try to predict this game is beyond me. Of all the "rivalry" games out there, this has to be one of the most unpredictable in terms of crazy endings and upstart performances.

                      Any BYU fan that watched the Oregon State game and is claiming to not be very concerned by Wilson's apparently new ability to run is lying. Smilarly, any Ute fan that claims to have not wanted to go to BYU all along is lying.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Omaha 680
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2011
                        • 11183

                        #311
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        Why anyone will try to predict this game is beyond me. Of all the "rivalry" games out there, this has to be one of the most unpredictable in terms of crazy endings and upstart performances.

                        Any BYU fan that watched the Oregon State game and is claiming to not be very concerned by Wilson's apparently new ability to run is lying. Smilarly, any Ute fan that claims to have not wanted to go to BYU all along is lying.
                        I am not lying when I say I am not worried about Wilson running. Oregon State did about as piss poor job of defending the read option as anyone I've seen in recent memory. He will not be able to get outside for big gains on us. However, from what I have seen he has a nice arm and has the ability to hurt us downfield if we give him time.

                        Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

                        Comment

                        • Jarid in Cedar
                          CS Institutional Memory
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 13234

                          #312
                          Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                          I am not lying when I say I am not worried about Wilson running. Oregon State did about as piss poor job of defending the read option as anyone I've seen in recent memory. He will not be able to get outside for big gains on us. However, from what I have seen he has a nice arm and has the ability to hurt us downfield if we give him time.

                          Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

                          Do you dismiss Hill's performance against Texas as easily?
                          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                          "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                          "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                          -Rick Majerus

                          Comment

                          • UVACoug
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2013
                            • 2685

                            #313
                            Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                            Do you dismiss Hill's performance against Texas as easily?
                            Are you comparing Oregon State to Texas?


                            Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

                            Comment

                            • Jarid in Cedar
                              CS Institutional Memory
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 13234

                              #314
                              Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                              Are you comparing Oregon State to Texas?


                              Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                              Yes. They both play shitty defense.
                              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                              "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                              "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                              -Rick Majerus

                              Comment

                              • UVACoug
                                Senior Member
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 2685

                                #315
                                Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                                Yes. They both play shitty defense.
                                I hope you actually believe they are comparable. Next Saturday night is going to be fun.

                                Comment

                                Working...