Recruiting 2014

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Goatnapper'96
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 10924

    #16
    Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    The rumblings on Luatua and Mama don't sound great.
    When I read Mama wasn't coming for Junior Day I was beginning to assume BYU was losing what hope it once had. Anyone know anything about Andrew Mike?
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

    I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

    Comment

    • Commando
      Explosivo
      • Feb 2009
      • 20748

      #17
      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      I disagree. I think it is pretty funny and the kid is eating it up. Even Austin Collie got involved.
      How did Austin Collie get involved?
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

      Comment

      • Indy Coug
        Heartless Bastard
        • Dec 2008
        • 18747

        #18
        Originally posted by Commando View Post
        How did Austin Collie get involved?
        Good question. https://twitter.com/AKCollie_17
        Everything in life is an approximation.

        http://twitter.com/CougarStats

        Comment

        • Goatnapper'96
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 10924

          #19
          Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
          Do we want a 360 lb OL when we're trying to get a play off every 12 seconds?
          I am assuming he could lose some weight. I am also am not entirely convinced BYU is going to be with the play every 12 seconds offense indefinitely.

          To answer your question, from where I stand it appears everybody wants him so yes, I would like to see him at BYU.
          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
          -General George S. Patton

          I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
          -DOCTOR Wuap

          Comment

          • The_Douger
            Athletic Supporter
            • Jun 2012
            • 5413

            #20
            Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
            I am assuming he could lose some weight. I am also am not entirely convinced BYU is going to be with the play every 12 seconds offense indefinitely.

            To answer your question, from where I stand it appears everybody wants him so yes, I would like to see him at BYU.
            I just want as much talent as we can get at BYU. Mama has offers from everyone, so I'm doubtful on him. The others sound more promising.
            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #21
              Ex-Texas Tech WR Wes Welker violates NCAA rules by tweeting at recruit, infuriates BYU fans

              It seems former Texas Tech wide receiver Wes Welker got a little carried away this weekend when he took recruiting matters into his own hands.

              Welker noticed a tweet from four-star Grossmont Community College wide receiver Nick Kurtz saying he was having the time of his life and asked if he was visiting Texas Tech.

              When Kurtz replied he was visiting BYU, Welker took a shot at the program and attempted to convince him to side with his Alma matter.

              “Name me the last WR in the league from BYU? Think big picture,” Welker tweeted. “I will give you 50 more reasons why they would be a bad move. TT”

              BYU fans responded with a barrage of and tweets directed at Welker and the Provo Daily Herald even compiled a list of 50 snarky reasons not to choose the school.

              Tweeting at recruits by people affiliated with the program, especially an NFL player, is frowned upon by the NCAA and considered a minor violation. To top it off, Kurtz wasn’t swayed.

              “It’s a good place man!,” he replied.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • Goatnapper'96
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 10924

                #22
                I haven't read the 50 responses, but I got to think the way this went down should help, wrt landing Kurtz, than it should hinder. Not that I think it will do much of either. I thought it was pretty fun the passion the fans and coach(es?) shared.
                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                -General George S. Patton

                I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69735

                  #23
                  Best one:

                  No. 23 The only time you get to see Craig James is in highlingts of the Miracle Bowl #50ReasonsNOTtoChooseBYU
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • HBCoug
                    Peanut Gallery Asshat
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 2082

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                    When I read Mama wasn't coming for Junior Day I was beginning to assume BYU was losing what hope it once had. Anyone know anything about Andrew Mike?
                    Mike isn't LDS but is best friends with Bushman who obviously is. I think it would be an upset at this point if we landed either Mike or Mama, although we appear to be in better position with Mama than Mike at this point. Both guys have legit offer lists. Both Chambers and Herring (also committed at Jr day) are mission first kids, so I'm sure we'd make room more Olinemen who will play 4/5 straight out of HS--especially ones as talented as Mike and Mama.

                    Comment

                    • Goatnapper'96
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 10924

                      #25
                      Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                      Mike isn't LDS but is best friends with Bushman who obviously is. I think it would be an upset at this point if we landed either Mike or Mama, although we appear to be in better position with Mama than Mike at this point. Both guys have legit offer lists. Both Chambers and Herring (also committed at Jr day) are mission first kids, so I'm sure we'd make room more Olinemen who will play 4/5 straight out of HS--especially ones as talented as Mike and Mama.
                      I just figured when I read that Mike had attended BYU camps as a Junior he was a mormon kid. I guess I will forget Mike, Luatua and Mama and just convince myself that Fred Warren's USC offer means he is a legit blue chipper!
                      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                      -General George S. Patton

                      I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                      -DOCTOR Wuap

                      Comment

                      • Goatnapper'96
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 10924

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Best one:
                        Not even a time out to a dark shed will fix the headache he gets each time he sees JimmyFuckingMac backpedaling that evening I felt my first bosomburning and was born again hard as a lifetime BYU fan!
                        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                        -General George S. Patton

                        I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                        -DOCTOR Wuap

                        Comment

                        • cougjunkie
                          *Banned*
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 23223

                          #27
                          BYU offered Kavika Fonua today.

                          I think this kid is going to blow up, he just ran a 4.48 40 on a laser at the Nike combine in Texas.
                          *Banned*

                          Comment

                          • Coach McGuirk
                            1
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 12109

                            #28
                            Maybe we do keep Warner.

                            Even though Warner is now a highly recruited athlete with many quality programs to choose from, he’s still a solid BYU commit.

                            “Yeah, I'm pretty excited about it, and I just was to reassure BYU fans that BYU is a special place,” Warner said. “I'm going to come out there and dominate as an outside linebacker. They shouldn’t be worried at all. BYU is the place for me.”

                            Comment

                            • Coach McGuirk
                              1
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 12109

                              #29
                              Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              BYU offered Kavika Fonua today.

                              I think this kid is going to blow up, he just ran a 4.48 40 on a laser at the Nike combine in Texas.
                              123.5 SPARQ score is going to open some eyes.

                              Comment

                              • MarkGrace
                                Grooveshark dick tease
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 31546

                                #30
                                What happened to the kid we signed that blew away the SPARQ testing? Is he going to be any good?
                                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                                Comment

                                Working...