Recruiting 2014

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Art Vandelay
    Striving for mediocrity
    • Jul 2009
    • 10516

    #1

    Recruiting 2014

    I see a recruiting thread for 2013 and 2015, but couldn't find one for next year.

    Wes Welker tweet to Nick Kurtz, and his response. I can't wait for CB's collective heads to explode. The righteous indignation, and certain response to this. It should be fun to watch.

    Isn't Kurtz getting SEC attention? If so, TT and BYU can have as many slap fights as they want, it won't matter.

    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 06-08-2013, 09:11 AM.
  • Surfah
    Where's Wallace?
    • Nov 2008
    • 33726

    #2
    You're about 12 hours too late. Wes Welker has been getting Peralta'd.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

    Comment

    • MarkGrace
      Grooveshark dick tease
      • Dec 2008
      • 31546

      #3
      Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      You're about 12 hours too late. Wes Welker has been getting Peralta'd.
      Pretty much. Coaches and former players have already been tweeting the guy as well.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

      Comment

      • The_Douger
        Athletic Supporter
        • Jun 2012
        • 5413

        #4
        That makes us look like a bunch of reactionary babies.

        Coaches don't need to be hamming it up on Twitter. Let the kid do his thing, if he wants to come he will.
        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

        Comment

        • cougjunkie
          *Banned*
          • Nov 2008
          • 23223

          #5
          Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
          That makes us look like a bunch of reactionary babies.

          Coaches don't need to be hamming it up on Twitter. Let the kid do his thing, if he wants to come he will.
          I disagree. I think it is pretty funny and the kid is eating it up. Even Austin Collie got involved.
          *Banned*

          Comment

          • frank ryan
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 12381

            #6
            Junkie, how good is this Chambers kid from Kansas who just committed? It looks like he only had offers from KU and BYU but plenty of others school had him on their respective radars.
            Also I'm worried about Warner actually signing with BYU, now that USC is after him. Nacua too.

            Comment

            • cougjunkie
              *Banned*
              • Nov 2008
              • 23223

              #7
              Chambers is a nice pickup for BYU. I know Nebraska and Mizzou were very close to offering.

              Warner will be tough to keep. Another kid I told everyone to keep an eye on Dayan Lake he is blowing up at the NFTC this weekend and has every school in the West knocking at his door. Rumor has it he is starting to see stars. That's what happens when you commit as a Soph.

              Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
              *Banned*

              Comment

              • MarkGrace
                Grooveshark dick tease
                • Dec 2008
                • 31546

                #8
                USC offered Warner and that always scares me. We need Kaveinga on the case!
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                Comment

                • The_Douger
                  Athletic Supporter
                  • Jun 2012
                  • 5413

                  #9
                  This is our really limited scholarship year, correct? We really need to maximize the ones that we get.
                  Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                  Comment

                  • Goatnapper'96
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 10924

                    #10
                    Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    Chambers is a nice pickup for BYU. I know Nebraska and Mizzou were very close to offering.

                    Warner will be tough to keep. Another kid I told everyone to keep an eye on Dayan Lake he is blowing up at the NFTC this weekend and has every school in the West knocking at his door. Rumor has it he is starting to see stars. That's what happens when you commit as a Soph.

                    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                    If BYU can land 2-3 of the LDS kids that are blue chippers this could be a good class. The blue chippers I am referencing are the LDS kids who could basically go anywhere. I think these are they:

                    Talamaivo - Committed to Alabama.
                    Mone - Committed to Michigan
                    Luatua - Not yet committed
                    Mama - Not yet committed
                    Andrew Mike - Not yet committed.

                    I think Fred Warner and Nacua, both BYU commits, are on the verge of this level. It seems that BYU will get a group of solid commits from this class similar to the level that Brayden Kearsley was last year, but if they can augment that with one or two of the big time blue chippers it would be a good indicator that BYU still has some attraction to those kids. I don't think BYU has landed one at that level since Heaps and Bronson Kaufusi back in 2010. I thought I read once where BYU had a legit shot at both Mama and Luatua, but I don't think either attended BYU's junior day. I got to think BYU has a good shot with Andrew Mike as he is a white mormon kid who I think has been going to BYU's camps for a long time. Although, I am expecting that when the dust settles the gems of the class will be Warner and Nacua, which are pretty good jewels.
                    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                    -General George S. Patton

                    I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                    -DOCTOR Wuap

                    Comment

                    • byu71
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 22070

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                      If BYU can land 2-3 of the LDS kids that are blue chippers this could be a good class. The blue chippers I am referencing are the LDS kids who could basically go anywhere. I think these are they:

                      Talamaivo - Committed to Alabama.
                      Mone - Committed to Michigan
                      Luatua - Not yet committed
                      Mama - Not yet committed
                      Andrew Mike - Not yet committed.

                      I think Fred Warner and Nacua, both BYU commits, are on the verge of this level. It seems that BYU will get a group of solid commits from this class similar to the level that Brayden Kearsley was last year, but if they can augment that with one or two of the big time blue chippers it would be a good indicator that BYU still has some attraction to those kids. I don't think BYU has landed one at that level since Heaps and Bronson Kaufusi back in 2010. I thought I read once where BYU had a legit shot at both Mama and Luatua, but I don't think either attended BYU's junior day. I got to think BYU has a good shot with Andrew Mike as he is a white mormon kid who I think has been going to BYU's camps for a long time. Although, I am expecting that when the dust settles the gems of the class will be Warner and Nacua, which are pretty good jewels.

                      Not to beat a dead horse, but maybe to beat a dead horse, how naive was Bronco and all the Broncoites that said we would get all the LDS kids. CB was repleat with people giving me shit when I said, it ain't going to happen.

                      All the really bright LDS kids don't trek off to BYU. A lot of them who get scholarships to top notch Universities (as viewed by the world) go to those Universities. It was stupid to think the same wouldn't apply to LDS kids with high athletic skills.

                      All top athletes aren't looking for a place where they can increase their "religious" abilities.

                      Thanks goodness it seems Bronco has done a serious reality check. I don't hear that "they will recruit us" crap anymore.

                      Comment

                      • cougjunkie
                        *Banned*
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 23223

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                        If BYU can land 2-3 of the LDS kids that are blue chippers this could be a good class. The blue chippers I am referencing are the LDS kids who could basically go anywhere. I think these are they:

                        Talamaivo - Committed to Alabama.
                        Mone - Committed to Michigan
                        Luatua - Not yet committed
                        Mama - Not yet committed
                        Andrew Mike - Not yet committed.

                        I think Fred Warner and Nacua, both BYU commits, are on the verge of this level. It seems that BYU will get a group of solid commits from this class similar to the level that Brayden Kearsley was last year, but if they can augment that with one or two of the big time blue chippers it would be a good indicator that BYU still has some attraction to those kids. I don't think BYU has landed one at that level since Heaps and Bronson Kaufusi back in 2010. I thought I read once where BYU had a legit shot at both Mama and Luatua, but I don't think either attended BYU's junior day. I got to think BYU has a good shot with Andrew Mike as he is a white mormon kid who I think has been going to BYU's camps for a long time. Although, I am expecting that when the dust settles the gems of the class will be Warner and Nacua, which are pretty good jewels.
                        This class has great potential for BYU:

                        Tre Watson who is a Cal commit went to junior day and is raving about BYU now.
                        Dalton Schultz- number 1 tight end in the country is at Bingham we always have an outside shot at Bingham kids
                        Kavika Fonua- a safety out of Syracuse has the highest Sparq score on the west coast and just killed it at a 7 on 7 camp. He will blow up soon.
                        Nick Kurtz- 6'6 210 pound reciever out of Todd Watkins alma mater Grossmont is a heavy BYU lean and would be a huge pickup for us.
                        Matt Bushman- our backup plan at tight end if we can't land Schultz has 9 offers right now among them are Arizona, ASU, Duke, Cal, UW, Colorado and San Diego St. 6'5 kid that needs to add a bit of weight. Also plays baseball and Bronco has said he can play both.
                        *Banned*

                        Comment

                        • MarkGrace
                          Grooveshark dick tease
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 31546

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                          If BYU can land 2-3 of the LDS kids that are blue chippers this could be a good class. The blue chippers I am referencing are the LDS kids who could basically go anywhere. I think these are they:

                          Talamaivo - Committed to Alabama.
                          Mone - Committed to Michigan
                          Luatua - Not yet committed
                          Mama - Not yet committed
                          Andrew Mike - Not yet committed.

                          I think Fred Warner and Nacua, both BYU commits, are on the verge of this level. It seems that BYU will get a group of solid commits from this class similar to the level that Brayden Kearsley was last year, but if they can augment that with one or two of the big time blue chippers it would be a good indicator that BYU still has some attraction to those kids. I don't think BYU has landed one at that level since Heaps and Bronson Kaufusi back in 2010. I thought I read once where BYU had a legit shot at both Mama and Luatua, but I don't think either attended BYU's junior day. I got to think BYU has a good shot with Andrew Mike as he is a white mormon kid who I think has been going to BYU's camps for a long time. Although, I am expecting that when the dust settles the gems of the class will be Warner and Nacua, which are pretty good jewels.
                          The rumblings on Luatua and Mama don't sound great.
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                          Comment

                          • Indy Coug
                            Heartless Bastard
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 18747

                            #14
                            Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                            The rumblings on Luatua and Mama don't sound great.
                            Do we want a 360 lb OL when we're trying to get a play off every 12 seconds?
                            Everything in life is an approximation.

                            http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                            Comment

                            • Goatnapper'96
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 10924

                              #15
                              Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              This class has great potential for BYU:

                              Tre Watson who is a Cal commit went to junior day and is raving about BYU now.
                              Dalton Schultz- number 1 tight end in the country is at Bingham we always have an outside shot at Bingham kids
                              Kavika Fonua- a safety out of Syracuse has the highest Sparq score on the west coast and just killed it at a 7 on 7 camp. He will blow up soon.
                              Nick Kurtz- 6'6 210 pound reciever out of Todd Watkins alma mater Grossmont is a heavy BYU lean and would be a huge pickup for us.
                              Matt Bushman- our backup plan at tight end if we can't land Schultz has 9 offers right now among them are Arizona, ASU, Duke, Cal, UW, Colorado and San Diego St. 6'5 kid that needs to add a bit of weight. Also plays baseball and Bronco has said he can play both.
                              I agree that there are a lot of prospects that will be very solid, in that they will have decent BCS offers as well as BYU. Similar to what Kearsley was last year. I think that one of the reasons for the shake up in offensive staff was that recruiting seemed to have nosedived after the 2010 class - which was when Anae was run off. I do think that even if BYU doesn't land any of the 3 blue chippers I think they have a shot with (Mama, Luatua and Mike) it could still be a solid year with the others.

                              TBS is reporting that BYU has already offered Bushman. I think BYU has written off Dalton Schulz as he is not LDS, I think. I think BYU's top TE priority is Luatua with Bushman coming in as an athlete.
                              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                              -General George S. Patton

                              I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                              -DOCTOR Wuap

                              Comment

                              Working...