2012 BYU Football Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Flystripper
    Degenerate Gambler
    • Nov 2008
    • 14095

    #331
    Originally posted by Jacob View Post
    This should be good news for those who complain about our fat linemen. From Doman:
    good to hear. Hopefully we can see a difference.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #332
      This year's BYU defense is already being described as the best the university has seen during Bronco Mendenahall's eight-year run as head coach of the Cougars. And Mendenhall has found a news toy to play with among his front seven.

      "Mendenhall said Ziggy Ansah, the converted track star, is going to play both outside linebacker and defensive end this season, 'because he can do both,'" Jay Drew of the Salt Lake Tribune reported.

      Ansah is an impressive 6-6, 270-pound athlete that should be used at linebacker on running downs and then moved inside during obvious passing downs. Ansah isn't slated to start, but his size and versatility will allow him to be a contributing player within BYU's defense.
      Not this again.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • Indy Coug
        Heartless Bastard
        • Dec 2008
        • 18747

        #333
        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        Not this again.
        This year's BYU defense is already being described as the best the university has seen during Bronco Mendenahall's eight-year run as head coach of the Cougars. And Mendenhall has found a news toy to play with among his front seven.
        Described by who? HB Arnett? Jay Drew? Dick Harmon? Brandon Gurney? cougarbart? PickleButton?
        Everything in life is an approximation.

        http://twitter.com/CougarStats

        Comment

        • Flystripper
          Degenerate Gambler
          • Nov 2008
          • 14095

          #334
          Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
          Described by who? HB Arnett? Jay Drew? Dick Harmon? Brandon Gurney? cougarbart? PickleButton?
          Bronco?
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

          Comment

          • Indy Coug
            Heartless Bastard
            • Dec 2008
            • 18747

            #335
            Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
            Bronco?
            Doubtful, but I'm sure enough people will blame him for others' hype.
            Everything in life is an approximation.

            http://twitter.com/CougarStats

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #336
              Didn't Ziggy injure his ACL? Is he already back?
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • Flystripper
                Degenerate Gambler
                • Nov 2008
                • 14095

                #337
                Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                Doubtful, but I'm sure enough people will blame him for others' hype.
                It was a question. I have no idea who is saying that.
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

                Comment

                • Joe Public
                  8.1 YPC
                  • Apr 2011
                  • 8531

                  #338
                  Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                  It was a question. I have no idea who is saying that.
                  I think Kav said it.

                  EDIT: Here's what he said:

                  Kaveinga said Tuesday that the defense BYU puts on the field this fall has the potential to be the best in coach Bronco Mendenhall’s eight-year tenure, if not school history.

                  "This is the most talented it will ever be, since coach Mendenhall has been here," Kaveinga said. "I mean, the talent level, the athletic ability, it is just crazy. We got depth, too, and man, it is just scary."
                  "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                  "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                  Comment

                  • woot
                    Resident Science Cop
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 5531

                    #339
                    As much as I hate to see the hype starting again when it has so often gone unfulfilled, this really does seem like it could be an outstanding defense. We all know that the offense might not be great, but if the defense ends up as good as it could be the offense might not need to be great to win at least a couple of the four big road games.

                    Comment

                    • Shaka
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 10450

                      #340
                      Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                      I think Kav said it.

                      EDIT: Here's what he said:
                      While I'd prefer the hype machine to stay in neutral I think Kav may be right.

                      Comment

                      • Katy Lied
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 9435

                        #341
                        Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                        While I'd prefer the hype machine to stay in neutral I think Kav may be right.
                        Relax big boy. Definitely not true. Don't drink the koolaid.

                        Comment

                        • Katy Lied
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 9435

                          #342
                          Hey lookit the schedule card, free to the first 4000 to attend today's spring scrimmage! Byu has come a long way from airbrushing out Araujo's tats.



                          I'd still probably exise Hafa's tats. They were horrible.

                          Comment

                          • myboynoah
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 21719

                            #343
                            Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                            Hey lookit the schedule card, free to the first 4000 to attend today's spring scrimmage! Byu has come a long way from airbrushing out Araujo's tats.



                            I'd still probably exise Hafa's tats. They were horrible.
                            I'm sure UofUtah fans have them well catalogued.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                            For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                            Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                            Comment

                            • Hsaru
                              Junior Member
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 1109

                              #344
                              @gregwrubell: Bronco: "Spring, some would argue is necessary; I don't think it's necessary."

                              "Simply, folks love football, and would rather have two seasons than one, and so there are programs that kind of succumb to that."

                              Could we find a head coach in major D1 football who hates his job more than Bronco? Too bad we can't clone a FB version of Dave Rose.

                              Comment

                              • Viking
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 6470

                                #345
                                I don't care for Bronco and await the day he leaves with great anticipation.

                                Comment

                                Working...