2012 BYU Football Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LiveCoug
    LA Ute loves me
    • Nov 2008
    • 18489

    #481
    Wazzu game officially moved to Thursday and will be on ESPN and the Hawaii game has moved to Friday....

    So far we have:

    WSU (Thursday) ESPN
    WSU TBA
    Utah TBA
    BSU (Thursday) ESPN
    UH (Friday) ESPN
    USU (Friday) ESPN/2
    OSU TBA
    Notre Dame NBC
    GT TBA
    Idaho TBA
    SJSU TBA
    NMSU TBA


    Per contract one of WSU, OSU or Idaho WILL be on ESPNU... No ideas for the other games. Too many weeknight games for my taste. I think 2 would be enough.

    Comment

    • Indy Coug
      Heartless Bastard
      • Dec 2008
      • 18747

      #482
      Phil Steele ranks BYU 35th

      Everything in life is an approximation.

      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

      Comment

      • Blueintheface
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2009
        • 15382

        #483
        Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
        Sounds about right.
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

        "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

        Comment

        • Indy Coug
          Heartless Bastard
          • Dec 2008
          • 18747

          #484
          Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
          Sounds about right.
          I can see where BYU might do better than 35th, but it will take getting off to a strong start AND staying healthy because depth is a serious issue at multiple positions (nothing new for BYU).
          Everything in life is an approximation.

          http://twitter.com/CougarStats

          Comment

          • Jacob
            Junior Member
            • Oct 2009
            • 6801

            #485
            Looks like two of the first 4 home games will not get over till midnight. I'd rather watch from home.

            Comment

            • Indy Coug
              Heartless Bastard
              • Dec 2008
              • 18747

              #486
              Originally posted by Jacob View Post
              Looks like two of the first 4 home games will not get over till midnight. I'd rather watch from home.
              Please don't. Someone in the stands will need a serious argument from a serious arguer. Remember that whole thing about candles and bushels?
              Everything in life is an approximation.

              http://twitter.com/CougarStats

              Comment

              • lambdacoug
                Junior Member
                • Oct 2011
                • 3981

                #487
                I am really loving this independent crap... the schedules kick ass...
                Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                - Howard Aiken

                Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

                Comment

                • Indy Coug
                  Heartless Bastard
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 18747

                  #488
                  Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
                  I am really loving this independent crap... the schedules kick ass...
                  BYU has 5 BCS opponents this year -- the most in school history.
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

                  http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #489
                    the schedule's certainly better than it would be were we in the WAC or something... I mean I don't see TCU on our schedule, but somebody should shape up to be a comparable opponent.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • lambdacoug
                      Junior Member
                      • Oct 2011
                      • 3981

                      #490
                      Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                      BYU has 5 BCS opponents this year -- the most in school history.
                      Overloaded use of the word 'schedule'.

                      What I meant is that the game times leave a lot to be desired...
                      Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                      - Howard Aiken

                      Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                      - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

                      Comment

                      • Blueintheface
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 15382

                        #491
                        Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                        Please don't. Someone in the stands will need a serious argument from a serious arguer. Remember that whole thing about candles and bushels?


                        Jacob is the guy arguing with guy who yells "holding" on every play.
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                        "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                        Comment

                        • UtahJazzFan88
                          Jazz | Utes | Raiders
                          • Oct 2011
                          • 1678

                          #492
                          I'm sure Hawaii is happy about it getting moved to Friday, starts 2 PM local time.

                          Comment

                          • BYUMizzou
                            Junior Member
                            • Mar 2012
                            • 400

                            #493
                            Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                            Wazzu game officially moved to Thursday and will be on ESPN and the Hawaii game has moved to Friday....

                            So far we have:

                            WSU (Thursday) ESPN
                            WSU TBA
                            Utah TBA
                            BSU (Thursday) ESPN
                            UH (Friday) ESPN
                            USU (Friday) ESPN/2
                            OSU TBA
                            Notre Dame NBC
                            GT TBA
                            Idaho TBA
                            SJSU TBA
                            NMSU TBA


                            Per contract one of WSU, OSU or Idaho WILL be on ESPNU... No ideas for the other games. Too many weeknight games for my taste. I think 2 would be enough.
                            Weber has already been announced as a 1:00 Saturday game on BYUtv, which leaves OSU or Idaho as the ESPNU game. If ESPN2 picks up OSU, then Idaho will be the ESPNU game. If not, Idaho is likely a BYUtv game.

                            ESPNU is likely going to pick up the Georgia Tech game under the ACC contract. They usually have a couple of ACC games each weekend.

                            ESPN has to pick up about 10 WAC games under their WAC contract. So far they've only picked the Louisana Tech/aTm game and the USU/Utah game. The WAC conference schedule is so bad that they'll likely be looking for OOC WAC games to fill out their contract. SJSU and NMSU are good prospects for being picked up by some ESPN channel, possibly the ocho.

                            Comment

                            • byu71
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22070

                              #494
                              Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post

                              ESPNU is likely going to pick up the Georgia Tech game under the ACC contract. They usually have a couple of ACC games each weekend.

                              ESPNU??? That is a marquee game nationally. Why wouldn't it at least be on ESPN2?

                              Comment

                              • Indy Coug
                                Heartless Bastard
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 18747

                                #495
                                Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                                ESPNU??? That is a marquee game nationally. Why wouldn't it at least be on ESPN2?
                                IIRC, 2010 BYU vs Florida State was on ESPNU.

                                http://www.cougarboard.com/schedule....ll&season=2010
                                Everything in life is an approximation.

                                http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                                Comment

                                Working...