2012 BYU Football Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #1816
    Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    What does it mean?
    Riley has vertebrae issues I'm sure not brought on by his insistence on running into 300 pound lineman because we know he only gets hurt hanging around in the pocket.

    Is he out or just going to play through drugged up like Utah?
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

    Comment

    • Coach McGuirk
      1
      • Nov 2008
      • 12109

      #1817
      Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      Riley has vertebrae issues I'm sure not brought on by his insistence on running into 300 pound lineman because we know he only gets hurt hanging around in the pocket.

      Is he out or just going to play through drugged up like Utah?

      Please not the latter, cause he looked like they shot the painkiller straight into his brain. If he is indeed injured, Lark or Hill give us a better shot at winning.

      Comment

      • Omaha 680
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 11181

        #1818
        Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
        From the sporting news:



        This is before the PAC12 Network share.
        HA! We made twice as much as you last year!

        Comment

        • Omaha 680
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2011
          • 11181

          #1819
          Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
          Please not the latter, cause he looked like they shot the painkiller straight into his brain. If he is indeed injured, Lark or Hill give us a better shot at winning.
          I had no idea he was seriously hurt. He has a limited skill set when healthy. No way we should be trotting him out there injured.

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #1820
            Physician, heal thyself!
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • thesaint258
              aka Benito Hazard
              • Jan 2009
              • 3005

              #1821
              Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              Does anyone find it odd that Bronco said he "learned something". He learned they needed to practice and simulate a loud crowd. Don't get me wrong, I am greatful he learned that.

              However, with Utah simulating snap counts every year and a pretty good guess they would have a large loud crowd, why wouldn't he have thought about it before learning. Those of us who are whiners might say because his focus is in too many places.
              That's weird because they've done that before. I forget which year it was, but I remember reports that the team took speakers into the IPF to simulate loud crowds. Why don't they keep doing that? Who knows.
              Not that, sickos.

              Comment

              • RC Vikings
                Known Heterosexual
                • Nov 2008
                • 8789

                #1822
                Would Bronco have the balls to pull his starting qb and replace him with his backup two years in a row?

                Comment

                • smokymountainrain
                  Impressive Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 22593

                  #1823
                  Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                  Would Bronco have the balls to pull his starting qb and replace him with his backup two years in a row?
                  No.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

                  Comment

                  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                    Time to camp
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26082

                    #1824
                    Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    What does it mean?
                    I've been telling you for months you need to learn to triangulate.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

                    Comment

                    • DapperDan
                      Whut?
                      • Mar 2010
                      • 1132

                      #1825
                      Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                      Would Bronco have the balls to pull his starting qb and replace him with his backup two years in a row?
                      I think Riley could be laid out on a stretcher and Bronco would still let him play.

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #1826
                        Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                        Would Bronco have the balls to pull his starting qb and replace him with his backup two years in a row?
                        Bronco should try alternating Riley and Hill every other series. Why not?
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                          Time to camp
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26082

                          #1827
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          Bronco should try alternating Riley and Hill every other series. Why not?
                          Every play. The boys and I watched a special on NFL Network about the top 10 mobile QBs ever. Did you know for a whole Tom Landry was rotating Roger Staubach and some other dude every play? Certainly Bronco isn't a better coach than Landry.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

                          Comment

                          • Blueintheface
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 15382

                            #1828
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            Bronco should try alternating Riley and Hill every other series. Why not?
                            Because Hill is better at everything else except leadership (apparently).
                            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                            "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                            Comment

                            • All-American
                              Right, as Usual
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 15663

                              #1829
                              Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              I've never met the guy, but he's been the lifeblood of BYU's offense for a while: Lance Reynolds, Sr.?

                              Don't know squat about his playcalling abilities, but he's seen it all at BYU.
                              Hmm. I guess that's one. He's done offense before:

                              2011-present BYU assistant head coach and tight ends coach; 2004-10 BYU assistant head coach and running backs coach; 2001-03 BYU assistant head coach and offensive line; 2000 BYU assistant head coach, offensive coordinator; and running backs coach; 1985-99 BYU running backs coach; 1983-84 BYU junior varsity coordinator; 1982 Ricks College assistant head coach and offensive coordinator; 1981 Snow College assistant head coach, offensive coordinator and running backs; 1979-80 BYU graduate assistant.
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                              Comment

                              • smokymountainrain
                                Impressive Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 22593

                                #1830
                                Originally posted by All-American View Post
                                Hmm. I guess that's one. He's done offense before:
                                Yep, he's done it before and it wasn't pretty. He is a big guy who is best coaching the beef in the trenches. He's certainly not a creative offensive mind.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

                                Comment

                                Working...