2012 BYU Football Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 37987

    #1966
    Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
    Ryker Matthews has looked quite soft much of the year as well.
    Not to mention he's a false starting machine.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #1967
      Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Not to mention he's a false starting machine.
      and a chop blocking machine
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • smokymountainrain
        Impressive Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22593

        #1968
        Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
        In 1.5 qtrs as a starter, Taysom Hill is the second leading rusher on the team. Holy shitballs.
        I love it.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #1969
          Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
          In 1.5 qtrs as a starter, Taysom Hill is the second leading rusher on the team. Holy shitballs.
          Another awesome stat: Ross Apo has 34 yards receiving this year.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • Coach McGuirk
            1
            • Nov 2008
            • 12109

            #1970


            "We've got an injured starting quarterback. He's a guy that we've put a lot of trust and confidence into," Doman said. "He wasn't physically capable of doing it the last week and half the way he needed to be able to do it for our football team to be successful. Did we take all of the right measures? I don't know. That's all behind us now. As we move forward, hopefully we'll make the right decisions."

            Comment

            • Eddie
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 8098

              #1971
              Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
              Doman...dude...you might not have noticed, but you also have at least 3 other quarterbacks who are not injured on your team. As the QB coach, us fans are kind of hoping that you're doing some work with ALL of them to help them improve and be as ready as they can be in case one or the other can't go.

              Now - I know that you had a lot of (most of? All of?) your eggs in the Riley Nelson basket to begin this year. But did you notice that the past two years he has missed games due to injury? Did you consider that might just happen again? Did the thought even cross your mind when you noticed in the first game that he preferred to hit huge defensive linemen head-on, seeming to aim for center of mass, rather than taking glancing blows?

              I haven't necessarily given up on Doman yet. I still have hope that he can be a decent OC. But if I am completely honest, his seeming to use an injured Nelson as an excuse for lack of offensive production bothers me. It just does. I truly hope that going forward he makes the right decisions too.

              Comment

              • USUC
                Chronic Poseur
                • Apr 2010
                • 8793

                #1972
                Cosmo?

                [YOUTUBE]5EHKCp_CHmQ[/YOUTUBE]

                Comment

                • MarkGrace
                  Grooveshark dick tease
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 31546

                  #1973
                  @KirkHerbstreit: "BYU defense has now held Leach, Petersen and Chow without a TD. Most other years, that would've been inconceivable."
                  That is just unreal. Too bad this team doesn't have an offense worthy of its defense.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                  Comment

                  • pellegrino
                    miserere me
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 12100

                    #1974
                    Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                    That is just unreal. Too bad this team doesn't have an offense worthy of its defense.
                    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                    Alessandro Manzoni

                    Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                    pelagius

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37987

                      #1975
                      I haven't seen these mentioned before, but perhaps it has been. More injury news:

                      Safety Mike Hague has a torn muscle in his calf and didn't play at all. He's out two more weeks.

                      Also, Mendenhall said after the game that junior tight end Austin Holt did not dress and will redshirt this season. Mendenhall said Holt is "not able to go any more this season. His knee just isn't capable, so he is redshirting this year. We decided that after the last game. I felt he shouldn't play another snap, and the doctors confirmed that decison."

                      Mendenhall didn't address fellow tight end Richard Wilson's situation, but he's also coming off major knee surgery and might be asked to redshirt as well.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • Commando
                        Explosivo
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 20748

                        #1976
                        Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        I haven't seen these mentioned before, but perhaps it has been. More injury news:
                        Geez. Richard Wilson looked pretty good a couple weeks ago after the catch, but you never can tell sometimes. I guess that explains the sudden, unexpected Devin Mahina touchdown. Oh by the way WHERE THE F&%$ IS MARCUS MATTHEWS????
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                        Comment

                        • The_Douger
                          Athletic Supporter
                          • Jun 2012
                          • 5413

                          #1977
                          I honestly want them to bulk up Matthews and make him play defense.
                          Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                          Comment

                          • Shaka
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 10449

                            #1978
                            Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            Geez. Richard Wilson looked pretty good a couple weeks ago after the catch, but you never can tell sometimes. I guess that explains the sudden, unexpected Devin Mahina touchdown. Oh by the way WHERE THE F&%$ IS MARCUS MATTHEWS????
                            Yup. Holt has done a good job blocking as well. Too bad it looked like they were ready.

                            Comment

                            • pelagius
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 5288

                              #1979
                              Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              Yup. Holt has done a good job blocking as well. Too bad it looked like they were ready.
                              Don't you think these redshirts are more strategic than anything else? Friel is the established starter and the must feel Mahina is good enough as a backup. Holt will be more valuable in a couple of years.
                              Last edited by pelagius; 09-29-2012, 12:54 PM.

                              Comment

                              • Shaka
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 10449

                                #1980
                                Originally posted by pelagius View Post
                                Don't you think these redshirts are more strategic than anything else? Friel is the established starter and the must feel Mahina is good enough as a backup.
                                I think that probably has something to do with it. I've also wondered if the same is happening to Hine.

                                Friel has been nice as a receiving tight end but his blocking needs some work. For that reason losing Holt isn't the greatest thing.

                                Comment

                                Working...