2012 BYU Football Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smokymountainrain
    Impressive Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22593

    #1771
    Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
    Do you agree with Bronco's scheduling philosophy?
    Sounds about right to me.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

    Comment

    • byu71
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 22070

      #1772
      Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
      Do you agree with Bronco's scheduling philosophy?
      I can't tell if I like that unless he can define for me a name recognition team.

      Hawaii, Fresno St. Toledo, Southern Miss., Houston,??? Now for the regional's. Weber, Southern Utah, Idaho, Idaho St.??

      I might totally agree with what he is saying if I had more deatil.

      Comment

      • smokymountainrain
        Impressive Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22593

        #1773
        Originally posted by byu71 View Post
        I can't tell if I like that unless he can define for me a name recognition team.

        Hawaii, Fresno St. Toledo, Southern Miss., Houston,??? Now for the regional's. Weber, Southern Utah, Idaho, Idaho St.??

        I might totally agree with what he is saying if I had more deatil.
        I take it to mean Kansas St, Iowa, Miss St, Ga Tech, Mizzou type teams. Good schools from BCS conferences, but not world beaters by any stretch. So when I say I agree with Bronco, that's what I have in mind.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

        Comment

        • byu71
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 22070

          #1774
          Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          I take it to mean Kansas St, Iowa, Miss St, Ga Tech, Mizzou type teams. Good schools from BCS conferences, but not world beaters by any stretch. So when I say I agree with Bronco, that's what I have in mind.
          I would feel good about that.

          Comment

          • MarkGrace
            Grooveshark dick tease
            • Dec 2008
            • 31546

            #1775
            Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            Sounds about right to me.
            Yeah, same
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

            Comment

            • USUC
              Chronic Poseur
              • Apr 2010
              • 8784

              #1776
              Houston Reynolds is done for the year. Torn achilles.

              Comment

              • Jarid in Cedar
                CS Institutional Memory
                • Jun 2009
                • 13234

                #1777
                Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                Houston Reynolds is done for the year. Torn achilles.
                Tough to hear. It looked about that bad on the field
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                -Rick Majerus

                Comment

                • Portland Ute
                  Junior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 5647

                  #1778
                  Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                  Houston Reynolds is done for the year. Torn achilles.
                  Isn't he a senior? If so, that's awful. Well, regardless, it's awful.

                  It would seem, though, that his timing was as good as it could get. He's going to get a medshirt since he only played in 2 games plus a bit, right?

                  That's a shame.

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #1779
                    Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                    Isn't he a senior? If so, that's awful. Well, regardless, it's awful.

                    It would seem, though, that his timing was as good as it could get. He's going to get a medshirt since he only played in 2 games plus a bit, right?

                    That's a shame.
                    He's a junior. I wonder if he can get a medical redshirt. He was hurt most of last year. Too bad because we can't afford to lose anyone on our craptastic line.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • MarkGrace
                      Grooveshark dick tease
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 31546

                      #1780
                      Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                      Houston Reynolds is done for the year. Torn achilles.
                      That hurts.
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                      Comment

                      • byu71
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22070

                        #1781
                        Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                        Houston Reynolds is done for the year. Torn achilles.
                        Not good. He can make it back though. I tore my achilles and was back on the golf course in 4 months.

                        Comment

                        • myboynoah
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 21719

                          #1782
                          Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                          Not good. He can make it back though. I tore my achilles and was back on the golf course in 4 months.
                          That's an inspiring story.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                          For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                          Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                          Comment

                          • smokymountainrain
                            Impressive Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22593

                            #1783
                            Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                            That's an inspiring story.
                            Let's not make '71's story out to be more than it really was. He's an old dude and that was his reality back in those days.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

                            Comment

                            • Coach McGuirk
                              1
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 12109

                              #1784
                              Well, I now understand why the scoreboards are the size they are. And why we are losing.

                              BYU and ESPN also have an eight-year television deal worth nearly $4 million a year through 2018 with an option for 2019, sources said.
                              6 home games worth 4M or 666,666.666 per game.

                              Comment

                              • kimchicoug
                                Junior Member
                                • Jun 2012
                                • 153

                                #1785
                                Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                                Well, I now understand why the scoreboards are the size they are. And why we are losing.



                                6 home games worth 4M or 666,666.666 per game.

                                http://espn.go.com/college-football/...er-sources-say
                                Doesn't that number vary based on how many games are picked up. I believe that is the lowest number, but the possibility of more if BYU is winning (like this season and last).

                                Comment

                                Working...