The Utah 2011 Football Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MartyFunkhouser
    Disciple of RNGesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 18751

    #196
    Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Exactly. We have all the tolerable Ute fans over here already. In fact I at the risk of leaving people out and even though I have gone the rounds with each of them I respect the following Ute posters:

    Mpfunk, JIC, MRD, UD, and DNF.

    I am sure there are others but off the top of my head I would say those are the top 5.
    There are a handful of guys that I really would like to start posting here. ColoUte, UBlender, MulletUte, and Scratch. Those are a few of the guys that I will stop over on utefans to read.

    Oh and whomever ran Mr. C off from this site, thank you.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

    Comment

    • Mormon Red Death
      BYU Delenda Est
      • Nov 2008
      • 8077

      #197
      Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      Luke Matthews starting at running back scares me.
      I think Thretton Palamo is going to see a lot of action this fall

      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

      "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

      Comment

      • LA Ute
        Receiver of Memory
        • Nov 2008
        • 19512

        #198
        Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
        There are a handful of guys that I really would like to start posting here. ColoUte, UBlender, MulletUte, and Scratch. Those are a few of the guys that I will stop over on utefans to read.

        Oh and whomever ran Mr. C off from this site, thank you.
        Been recruiting them. So far they've only dipped their toes in the water here but haven't stayed.
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden


        "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


        "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

        Comment

        • BoylenOver
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 9146

          #199
          Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          Anyone else worried about Luke Matthews starting at running back?
          No.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

          Comment

          • BoylenOver
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 9146

            #200
            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            I respect the following Ute posters:

            Mpfunk, JIC, MRD, UD, and DNF.
            I get no respect.

            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

            Comment

            • DU Ute
              RIP CUF
              • Dec 2008
              • 7393

              #201
              Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
              I get no respect.

              "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
              "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
              "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

              Comment

              • LA Ute
                Receiver of Memory
                • Nov 2008
                • 19512

                #202
                Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                I get no respect.

                We ought to get that Redbird guy over here too. He seems pretty smart and level-headed. We need more of his kind on CUF.
                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                ― W.H. Auden


                "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                Comment

                • BoylenOver
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 9146

                  #203
                  Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                  We ought to get that Redbird guy over here too. He seems pretty smart and level-headed. We need more of his kind on CUF.
                  Seems like kind of a douchebag to me.
                  "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                  "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                  Comment

                  • LA Ute
                    Receiver of Memory
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 19512

                    #204
                    Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                    Seems like kind of a douchebag to me.
                    See, this is why we can't get quality Ute fan posters to come here. People like you keep dumping on them.
                    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                    ― W.H. Auden


                    "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                    Comment

                    • Jarid in Cedar
                      CS Institutional Memory
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 13234

                      #205
                      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      Exactly. We have all the tolerable Ute fans over here already. In fact I at the risk of leaving people out and even though I have gone the rounds with each of them I respect the following Ute posters:

                      Mpfunk, JIC, MRD, UD, and DNF.

                      I am sure there are others but off the top of my head I would say those are the top 5.
                      Likewise.
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                      -Rick Majerus

                      Comment

                      • Jarid in Cedar
                        CS Institutional Memory
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 13234

                        #206
                        Both Beau Burton(RB) and Zach Bolton(OG) have medically retired. Burton has struggled with a foot injury that was reaggravated in prep for the Vegas Bowl. Bolton was a 2010 signee that grey shirt last year due to an ACL/MCL injury he sustained as a senior. He wasn't able to get healthy enough for him to feel like he could contribute.

                        Both will be missed as Burton was the only RB returning with game experience. Bolton was likely to be a contributor down the road.
                        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                        "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                        "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                        -Rick Majerus

                        Comment

                        • wally
                          <><><><><><><><>
                          • Jun 2010
                          • 4137

                          #207
                          Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                          I get no respect.

                          Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                          You are disappointed that you are not respected by cougjunkie?
                          Are you also sad when the drive through attendant doesn’t smile at you or when the bank teller doesn’t give you a lollipop?

                          Comment

                          • wally
                            <><><><><><><><>
                            • Jun 2010
                            • 4137

                            #208
                            There is a lot of buzz in the media right now about Palamo performance during the scrimmage.





                            I wasn't at the scrimmage and didn't see him first hand.

                            As a rugger I would love to see Palamo come in and dominate, but I was skeptical that rugby running skills would translate to FB running skills.

                            Is this for real or media hype?

                            Comment

                            • OrangeUte
                              Max Hall hates me.
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 2294

                              #209
                              Originally posted by wally View Post
                              There is a lot of buzz in the media right now about Palamo performance during the scrimmage.





                              I wasn't at the scrimmage and didn't see him first hand.

                              As a rugger I would love to see Palamo come in and dominate, but I was skeptical that rugby running skills would translate to FB running skills.

                              Is this for real or media hype?
                              i have been curious about this issue since i watched him in the Rugby 7's tournament last year. He looks like a phenomenal athlete, and a very powerful runner. If he can adjust to carrying the ball wearing all of the gear, i don't see why he couldn't be a dominant RB with his size and speed. It seems like he's kind of flown under the radar with the Utes.

                              How many years of eligibility does he have? Hopefully he at least has 3, although i would imagine having played rugby already, he might have burned a year or two already.

                              Comment

                              • BGRTHNUMEGO
                                Junior Member
                                • May 2010
                                • 3670

                                #210
                                Gunther was saying on his show today that he didn't take much from watching Palamo because in his words it wasn't the "1s vs. the 1s". He made a point to say it didn't mean Palamo couldn't be good, but just that he wasn't buying it after watching the scrimmage as much as many other people apparently did.

                                Originally posted by wally View Post
                                There is a lot of buzz in the media right now about Palamo performance during the scrimmage.





                                I wasn't at the scrimmage and didn't see him first hand.

                                As a rugger I would love to see Palamo come in and dominate, but I was skeptical that rugby running skills would translate to FB running skills.

                                Is this for real or media hype?

                                Comment

                                Working...