2011 BYU Football Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shaka
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 10450

    #1231
    Uh oh. Sounds like Fangupo picked a Nelson pass and ran it back for six. Didn't count officially as there was a whistle sack on the play. Bad for Riley but makes me excited about Fangupo.

    Nelson went 0/2
    Lark 2/2 for 32 yards
    Heaps 4/5 for 100 yards.
    Munns didn't get any reps.

    Comment

    • Jacob
      Junior Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 6801

      #1232
      Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
      As a known Riley-basher of the past year I'll agree w/ Shaka here that (a) it's weird when people switch positions on the basis of a handful of throws (only one of them by Nelson) and (b) the idea that Nelson is totally unable to throw the ball effectively gets hugely exaggerated.

      EDIT: Riley was apparently just picked off by one Loni Fangupo. Hmmm.
      I just don't know who is changing his opinion based on a handful of throws. I thought everybody agreed last year that Nelson couldn't throw the ball.

      Comment

      • Shaka
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 10450

        #1233
        Originally posted by Jacob View Post
        I just don't know who is changing his opinion based on a handful of throws. I thought everybody agreed last year that Nelson couldn't throw the ball.
        He threw fine during spring. My recollection is that most grudgingly admitted that he threw better than they thought.

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #1234
          Originally posted by Shaka View Post
          Uh oh. Sounds like Fangupo picked a Nelson pass and ran it back for six. Didn't count officially as there was a whistle sack on the play. Bad for Riley but makes me excited about Fangupo.

          Nelson went 0/2
          Lark 2/2 for 32 yards
          Heaps 4/5 for 100 yards.
          Munns didn't get any reps.
          Tick tock, tick tock...
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • MarkGrace
            Grooveshark dick tease
            • Dec 2008
            • 31546

            #1235
            Bronco actually says Uale and Hague are "neck-and-neck" for the starting FS spot, with Sorensen still holding the edge over Galea'i at Kat.
            Could Hague actually overtake Uale? I'm shocked to see him this close given how new he is at the position.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #1236
              Unofficially and FWIW, Heaps is 16 of 19 for 239 yards thus far in fall camp. #BYU
              How worried should we be about our secondary right now? Or has Heaps just been that on the money? Some combination of both?
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • Hsaru
                Junior Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 1109

                #1237
                Beck and Hall always were near flawless in practice in their senior years, and we had some decent secondaries.

                Comment

                • cougjunkie
                  *Banned*
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 23223

                  #1238
                  Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  How worried should we be about our secondary right now? Or has Heaps just been that on the money? Some combination of both?
                  Remember also it is not always 1s vs 1s.
                  *Banned*

                  Comment

                  • Hsaru
                    Junior Member
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 1109

                    #1239
                    On the two Apo bombs the coaches and Wrubell have both said that the coverage was good or as Bronco said "exceptional" but the ball was placed so well and Apo is big enough that there wasn't much they could do.

                    Comment

                    • MarkGrace
                      Grooveshark dick tease
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 31546

                      #1240
                      Heaps' second series was a one-play wonder, throwing a 70- yard touchdown to Ross Apo down the right sideline. The ball was in the air for 50-60 of those yards, and I have never seen a prettier ball thrown. Apo hauled in the perfect spiral in stride and waltzed in for six. One of the very first players into the end zone to celebrate was RT Braden Brown--that's some hustle.
                      Sure hope to see something like that during the season!
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                      Comment

                      • Jacob
                        Junior Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 6801

                        #1241
                        Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        How worried should we be about our secondary right now? Or has Heaps just been that on the money? Some combination of both?
                        This was my question. You always hear in fall camp that the defense is always ahead of the offense at this time of year. Is that just the typical excuse for years that you have a poor offense? Or is our defense really behind the curve? I'm not even going to allow the option that our Offense is really THAT good. Even though I don't doubt that the offense will be good.

                        Comment

                        • MarkGrace
                          Grooveshark dick tease
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 31546

                          #1242
                          What was the main reason for your transfer? How would you compare BYU to USC?

                          Man, Kav must be seriously sick of answering the same questions over and over again in interviews.
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                          Comment

                          • Commando
                            Explosivo
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 20748

                            #1243
                            Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                            Tick tock, tick tock...
                            Every time I see that expression I think of Dexter, season 5. Then I think of Ke$ha.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                            Comment

                            • Commando
                              Explosivo
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 20748

                              #1244
                              Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                              Could Hague actually overtake Uale? I'm shocked to see him this close given how new he is at the position.
                              Bronco says the incumbents will stay flush unless the challenger is consistently making plays. Sounds like he's getting a little help back there from RiNels.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                              Comment

                              • Hot Lunch
                                Out of Office
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7842

                                #1245
                                Originally posted by Commando View Post
                                Every time I see that expression I think of Dexter, season 5. Then I think of Ke$ha.
                                LOL. I just finished watching that season. "that's the sound of your life running out"
                                "Take it to the Bank"

                                Comment

                                Working...