2011 BYU Football Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blueintheface
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 15382

    #1081
    Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Pretty good, but can't match this:

    [YOUTUBE]t2KSDy05dYU[/YOUTUBE]
    BYU: Where Crowton Never Happened.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

    Comment

    • BigFatMeanie
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 7117

      #1082
      Season tickets came in the mail today. Woohoo! I always love this time of year. They're still two rows higher than my preferred row but they're an improvement over last year's seats.

      Curse modern medicine for allowing those old geezers to live so long and monopolize good seats!

      Comment

      • pellegrino
        miserere me
        • Jan 2009
        • 12100

        #1083
        Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
        Season tickets came in the mail today. Woohoo! I always love this time of year. They're still two rows higher than my preferred row but they're an improvement over last year's seats.

        Curse modern medicine for allowing those old geezers to live so long and monopolize good seats!
        you do realize people will be saying the same about you when you're old, right?

        glad you got your tickets.
        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
        Alessandro Manzoni

        Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

        pelagius

        Comment

        • BigFatMeanie
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 7117

          #1084
          Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
          you do realize people will be saying the same about you when you're old, right?

          glad you got your tickets.
          I'm sure when I'm an old fart I'll just sit there quietly while smugly thinking, "those young bucks may have money but they ain't getting my tickets until they pry them from my cold dead hands"

          ... exactly what the old farts today are probably thinking.

          Comment

          • Katy Lied
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 9435

            #1085
            Just got my season tickets.

            Each game is worth 9% of the total season price.
            Except Utah, which is worth 45% of the total season price.

            Our at home schedule sucketh.

            Comment

            • pellegrino
              miserere me
              • Jan 2009
              • 12100

              #1086
              Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
              I'm sure when I'm an old fart I'll just sit there quietly while smugly thinking, "those young bucks may have money but they ain't getting my tickets until they pry them from my cold dead hands"

              ... exactly what the old farts today are probably thinking.
              That's the ticket!
              Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
              God forgives many things for an act of mercy
              Alessandro Manzoni

              Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

              pelagius

              Comment

              • byu71
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22070

                #1087
                You have really put a guilt trip on me. I feel really bad about the young people and tickets they are getting.

                Therefor, I am prepared to sell 4, more than half, of my really good seats to one of you youngsters.

                Comment

                • pellegrino
                  miserere me
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 12100

                  #1088
                  Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                  You have really put a guilt trip on me. I feel really bad about the young people and tickets they are getting.

                  Therefor, I am prepared to sell 4, more than half, of my really good seats to one of you youngsters.
                  for just this season, or for the rest of time?
                  Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                  God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                  Alessandro Manzoni

                  Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                  pelagius

                  Comment

                  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                    Time to camp
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26082

                    #1089
                    BFM, it has been 6+ years since I have bought BYU season tickets. Do they not tell you how much donation is required to keep your tickets or move to better seats?

                    I get an invoice in January from Oregon that says to maintain my football tickets will require a donation of X and to maintain my basketball tickets will require a donation of y. Then there is an enclosed packet of information that says how much per seat is required to move to different sections.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

                    Comment

                    • Blueintheface
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 15382

                      #1090
                      “There’s a different attitude around here,” Heaps said. “We can’t just coast into this. As an independent, every game matters. When you are in a conference, you can still lose a game or two and still contend for a conference championship. With this, every game matters. Every game is going to feel like we are playing our last game.”
                      I know it's been discussed ad nauseum but I sure hope this team is prepared to deal with a loss (not saying they will but I am very curious to see how they react when and if they do).
                      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                      "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                      Comment

                      • shoganai
                        Junior Member
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 513

                        #1091
                        Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                        I know it's been discussed ad nauseum but I sure hope this team is prepared to deal with a loss (not saying they will but I am very curious to see how they react when and if they do).
                        I think this idea that the team is in trouble once they lose an early game or two is a bit overblown. How come nobody ever brings that issue up with Notre Dame? They seem to find plenty of motivation to keep at it all the way through November. They certainly didn't seem unmotivated when they ran into Utah and USC late last year.

                        Likewise, I have a hard time believing that all of these BYU students and die-hard season ticket holders will abandon ship once there's no championship to play for. Attendance was still pretty good for the crappy end-of-season games last year when no championship was left on the table and the team was barely .500.

                        Comment

                        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                          Time to camp
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26082

                          #1092
                          Originally posted by shoganai View Post
                          I think this idea that the team is in trouble once they lose an early game or two is a bit overblown. How come nobody ever brings that issue up with Notre Dame? They seem to find plenty of motivation to keep at it all the way through November. They certainly didn't seem unmotivated when they ran into Utah and USC late last year.
                          9 win Notre Dame team will go to a Jan 1 bowl game, 10 win Notre Dame will go to a BCS game. That is a different motivation than knowing your bowl destination is the same if you win 6 or 11.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

                          Comment

                          • Blueintheface
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 15382

                            #1093
                            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            9 win Notre Dame team will go to a Jan 1 bowl game, 10 win Notre Dame will go to a BCS game. That is a different motivation than knowing your bowl destination is the same if you win 6 or 11.


                            Besides, we are the Harvard of the West, not the Notre Dame.
                            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                            "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                            Comment

                            • shoganai
                              Junior Member
                              • Feb 2010
                              • 513

                              #1094
                              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              9 win Notre Dame team will go to a Jan 1 bowl game, 10 win Notre Dame will go to a BCS game. That is a different motivation than knowing your bowl destination is the same if you win 6 or 11.

                              Sorry, but I don't buy it.

                              If Notre Dame doesn't get into the BCS they're looking at the fantastic bowl lineup of the Big East which includes such coveted games as...

                              Belk Bowl
                              Pinstripe Bowl
                              BBVA Compass Bowl

                              ...or the crowning achievement of the Champ Sports Bowl against an ACC also-ran.

                              Are you seriously saying that achieving one of these bowl slots is the burning motivation in the hearts and minds of Irish fans in November? I can just see Brian Kelly now firing up his troops by reminding them of what's on the line against Stanford that afternoon - the Sun Bowl.

                              Not to mention, who's to say BYU doesn't eventually get some similar bowl tie-ins more relevant to their own sphere? For example, 10 wins gets the Holiday Bowl, eight or nine gets Las Vegas, and six or seven gets Poinsettia or some such thing.

                              And please don't try to tell me that Notre Dame is going to be so much more fired up about the Sun Bowl than BYU will the Las Vegas Bowl. January 1 hasn't been that sacred in a long time.
                              Last edited by shoganai; 08-05-2011, 04:21 PM.

                              Comment

                              • BoylenOver
                                Junior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 9146

                                #1095
                                Putnam is academically ineligible? No small blow for that defensive line. He was playing quite well in the 2nd half of last season.
                                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                                Comment

                                Working...