2011 BYU Football Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cougjunkie
    *Banned*
    • Nov 2008
    • 23223

    #1066
    Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    Do you want salt and pepper with that casserole?
    Agreed. Hines highlights are as impressive as anyone we have had. He is a beast and will make a huge impact before his career is over.
    *Banned*

    Comment

    • MarkGrace
      Grooveshark dick tease
      • Dec 2008
      • 31546

      #1067
      Hine might be 26 by the time he finishes his eligibility at BYU. Crazy.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

      Comment

      • MarkGrace
        Grooveshark dick tease
        • Dec 2008
        • 31546

        #1068
        Just finished the latest True Blue. Ty and Lavell's cracks on Steve Young were awesome.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

        Comment

        • KillerDog
          a.k.a. K-dog
          • Feb 2009
          • 4196

          #1069
          Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
          I hope I'm proven totally wrong and forced to eat a casserole made from my posts on the subject, but I'm a bit skeptical about whether Hine will make a huge impact - at least at running back. His video looks to me like he runs very high and doesn't show much lower body agility. He's fast, but no faster than, for example, Diluigi. And he has a build that looks to me like he's not going to go much over 200 pounds, if that big. His high jumping ability is nice and suggests one category of athleticism but sort of has limited application on the football field.

          I think he's got the right build for a WR though or a move to safety. But here's to him becoming a superstar RB and joining the pantheon of Cougar greats.
          In my experience, guys who can really high jump have underrated explosiveness. All of them look like they are moving without effort when in reality they are being very explosive. It is a necessary thing when you are doing the flop at the greater heights. I suspect Hine is a more explosive athlete than people give him credit for. That said, I have not idea what he will play at the Y. I just have strong belief that he will play well and be very athletic.

          Comment

          • oxcoug
            Dolphins Rape Hipsters
            • Dec 2009
            • 5309

            #1070
            Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            Do you want salt and pepper with that casserole?
            Depends - am I supposed to enjoy it?

            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Agreed. Hines highlights are as impressive as anyone we have had. He is a beast and will make a huge impact before his career is over.
            Maybe there are some highlights I missed but I saw at least three different sets and saw who was fast but who won't outrun DBs, won't run low enough or weigh enough to be too dangerous between the tackles and whose big gains typically depended on getting an edge that he won't be fast enough to get against Texas or Notre Dame. But I'm sure he'll high jump a few cats into the end zone, which will be awesome.

            Also - my expectations here apply to him as a RB - I think he could great as a DB or a WR.

            And again - hope I'm wrong and I'll be back here to get pelted with virtual fruit if I am.
            Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

            It can't all be wedding cake.

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #1071
              Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
              Depends - am I supposed to enjoy it?



              Maybe there are some highlights I missed but I saw at least three different sets and saw who was fast but who won't outrun DBs, won't run lowenough or weigh enough to be too dangerous between the tackles and whose big gains typically depended on getting an edge that he won't be fast enough to get against Texas or Notre Dame. But I'm sure he'll high jump a few cats into the end zone, which will be awesome.

              Also - my expectations here apply to him as a RB - I think he could great as a DB or a WR.

              And again - hope I'm wrong and I'll be back here to get pelted with virtual fruit if I am.
              Have you seen this highlight?

              [YOUTUBE]fQc9vBWPMss[/YOUTUBE]
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • MarkGrace
                Grooveshark dick tease
                • Dec 2008
                • 31546

                #1072
                What's the deal with Stout? I knew he was RS'ing, but I thought it was just to get him some separation from the rest of the LBers in the program. I read on CB this morning that he's RSing because of an injury to his knee and will be having surgery.

                Anyone know what's going on?
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                Comment

                • myboynoah
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 21719

                  #1073
                  Picked up our RISE UP T-shirts yesterday.

                  :clap:
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                  For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                  Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #1074
                    Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    Picked up our RISE UP T-shirts yesterday.

                    :clap:
                    The Rise Up shirt commercial is pretty tight. Made me want one.

                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • MarkGrace
                      Grooveshark dick tease
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 31546

                      #1075
                      Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      The Rise Up shirt commercial is pretty tight. Made me want one.

                      http://www.byucougarsblog.com/rise-up-t-shirts/
                      Pretty good, but can't match this:

                      [YOUTUBE]t2KSDy05dYU[/YOUTUBE]
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #1076
                        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        The Rise Up shirt commercial is pretty tight. Made me want one.

                        http://www.byucougarsblog.com/rise-up-t-shirts/
                        I have never purchased one of the BYU slogan shirts for any of the prior seasons, so I don't think I will start now.

                        Although "Rise Up" is pretty cool.

                        I would have definitely bought one if the slogan was

                        "Rise Up, Gather Round Rock this place to the ground Burn it up, let's go for broke Watch the Night Go Up in Smoke"
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • falafel
                          loves to talk on things
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 37996

                          #1077
                          Ross Apo has 100 pairs of shoes.

                          Also, this chick could not be more earnest when she says "I'd love to see your closet of shoes..."

                          [YOUTUBE]gOtedwVqxWo&[/YOUTUBE]

                          Contrast that with this interview she does of JJ. She barely cracks a smile until half way through.

                          [YOUTUBE]w2ZVVLgXbUA&[/YOUTUBE]
                          Last edited by falafel; 08-04-2011, 01:20 PM.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                          Dig your own grave, and save!

                          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #1078
                            that girl is a groupie. Im pretty sure Ross Apo is doing more than watching game film and working out now.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • falafel
                              loves to talk on things
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 37996

                              #1079
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              that girl is a groupie. Im pretty sure Ross Apo is doing more than watching game film and working out now.
                              I'm willing to bet she's spent the last 2 months living at Gold's Gym.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                              Dig your own grave, and save!

                              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • TripletDaddy
                                sweet triple
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 58186

                                #1080
                                Also staking out any place in the mall that sells shoes.

                                Like "Express"
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...