The PAC 10 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • YOhio
    Hipster Mode
    • Nov 2008
    • 26165

    #2641
    Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
    This is a thread for Ute fans. Why can't you give us just a little corner of this board?
    Because I loathe your college athletic team of preference.

    Comment

    • il Padrino Ute
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 19161

      #2642
      Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
      It's a shame that that isn't applicable to the Utes or that it will have to be changed to reflect the expansion until next year
      "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


      "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

      Comment

      • LA Ute
        Receiver of Memory
        • Nov 2008
        • 19512

        #2643
        Originally posted by YOhio View Post
        Because I loathe your college athletic team of preference.
        Haters are everywhere I guess, but et tu, YO?.
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden


        "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


        "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

        Comment

        • Flystripper
          Degenerate Gambler
          • Nov 2008
          • 14089

          #2644
          Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          I have the same respect for this expectation as I do for the BYU fan's expectation of Utah's imminent demise in the PAC-12.
          pretty much
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

          Comment

          • LA Ute
            Receiver of Memory
            • Nov 2008
            • 19512

            #2645
            Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            I have the same respect for this expectation as I do for the BYU fan's expectation of Utah's imminent demise in the PAC-12.
            Agreed. Won't happen unless the Brethren so decide, and even then the most they would do is perhaps de-emphasize sports a little or decide to be content with functioning at the MWC level, sort of like Air Force. I don't see LES being replaced with student housing or a new engineering building anytime soon. (But a guy can dream, can't he?)
            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
            ― W.H. Auden


            "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


            "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

            Comment

            • SeattleUte
              Faith crisis consultant
              • Nov 2008
              • 20837

              #2646
              Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              Uh, we have had home and homes with USC, GA Tech, UCLA, FSU and we have them scheduled with Oregon State. Those are just recent ones off the top of my head.
              Every year forever?
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

              --Jonathan Swift

              Comment

              • SeattleUte
                Faith crisis consultant
                • Nov 2008
                • 20837

                #2647
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                Come on. You really need some new material. You are deliberately ignoring the fact that I am a Longhorn fan too. And I said in my post that I think the PAC-10 would have been wise to stay at ten teams, even if BYU was in the mix. I have always said that. Again, search the archives if you don't believe me.
                Do you know what due dilligence is? Do you think you know more than people who did that for the Pac? I promise you that if the Big 12 surprises me and invites BYU you won't hear me questioning the Big 12's judgment. I'm trained to defer to the specialists, which is why I never question Whit's choice of starting quarterback for example. Maybe engineers are different.
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                --Jonathan Swift

                Comment

                • beefytee
                  Board eye candy
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 7542

                  #2648
                  Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  Do you know what due dilligence is? Do you think you know more than people who did that for the Pac? I promise you that if the Big 12 surprises me and invites BYU you won't hear me questioning the Big 12's judgment. I'm trained to defer to the specialists, which is why I never question Whit's choice of starting quarterback for example. Maybe engineers are different.
                  That's why I follow the prophet.

                  Comment

                  • LA Ute
                    Receiver of Memory
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 19512

                    #2649
                    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    Do you know what due dilligence is? Do you think you know more than people who did that for the Pac? I promise you that if the Big 12 surprises me and invites BYU you won't hear me questioning the Big 12's judgment. I'm trained to defer to the specialists, which is why I never question Whit's choice of starting quarterback for example. Maybe engineers are different.
                    This is a very antiquated notion. You probably expect your clients to follow your advice. Sad.
                    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                    ― W.H. Auden


                    "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                    Comment

                    • SeattleUte
                      Faith crisis consultant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 20837

                      #2650
                      Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                      This is a very antiquated notion. You probably expect your clients to follow your advice. Sad.
                      I don't know about that; but I have seen it is a notion that is foreign to message boards, regardless of subject matter.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                      --Jonathan Swift

                      Comment

                      • LA Ute
                        Receiver of Memory
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 19512

                        #2651
                        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                        I don't know about that; but I have seen it is a notion that is foreign to message boards, regardless of subject matter.
                        But that's the glory (and attraction) of message boards. Everyone gets to be an expert. For example, I am this board's foremost expert on YOhio's personality defects.
                        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                        ― W.H. Auden


                        "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                        "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #2652
                          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          Every year forever?
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69676

                            #2653
                            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                            Do you know what due dilligence is? Do you think you know more than people who did that for the Pac? I promise you that if the Big 12 surprises me and invites BYU you won't hear me questioning the Big 12's judgment. I'm trained to defer to the specialists, which is why I never question Whit's choice of starting quarterback for example. Maybe engineers are different.
                            LOL.

                            Look at you know. Telling me that I should defer to the authorities and their greater judgment and wisdom. More irony.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • YOhio
                              Hipster Mode
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26165

                              #2654
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              LOL.

                              Look at you know. Telling me that I should defer to the authorities and their greater judgment and wisdom. More irony.
                              Ouch! Now that PAC has felled the mighty SU, everyone is getting in on the game.

                              Comment

                              • Uncle Ted
                                The Big 12 money shot.
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 28853

                                #2655
                                Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                                I get a server error:

                                Server Error in '/' Application.

                                The resource cannot be found.

                                Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

                                Requested URL: /Video/VideoPlayer/TabId/867/VideoId/5400/PAC10-Brand-Sizzle-C-Clean.aspx
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...