"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smokymountainrain
    Impressive Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22593

    #7276
    Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    So if the Jazz get Jackson they will be getting rid of CJ Miles?
    <keeping fingers crossed>
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

    Comment

    • BGRTHNUMEGO
      Junior Member
      • May 2010
      • 3670

      #7277
      Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      So if the Jazz get Jackson they will be getting rid of CJ Miles?
      CJ Miles is being moved, either in a deal with Philly for Iguodala or to Memphis as part of a package for Mayo.

      Comment

      • CardiacCoug
        вот так штука
        • Nov 2008
        • 11013

        #7278
        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        Also it should be noted about Hayward that he tweeted yesterday

        Fast Five = best movie I've seen in a while

        I think he is ready to drive the Jazz to a title.
        Funny from a guy who makes millions but bought an Accord. I wonder if G-Hay has already upgraded or if that movie will inspire him to upgrade his car.

        Comment

        • Jacob
          Junior Member
          • Oct 2009
          • 6801

          #7279
          Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
          Funny from a guy who makes millions but bought an Accord. I wonder if G-Hay has already upgraded or if that movie will inspire him to upgrade his car.
          To a Civic? (Isn't that the car they used in the first movie? I admit to not having seen the others.)

          Comment

          • CardiacCoug
            вот так штука
            • Nov 2008
            • 11013

            #7280
            Originally posted by Jacob View Post
            To a Civic? (Isn't that the car they used in the first movie? I admit to not having seen the others.)
            OK, I admit I haven't seen any of them, but I thought these movies were all about high-end sports cars. If they are just about about Civics and Subarus then my bad.

            Comment

            • HuskyFreeNorthwest
              Time to camp
              • Nov 2008
              • 26082

              #7281
              Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              Probably ate at the Olive Garden beforehand as well. We can't hold these things against him!
              I tweeted him offering a dinner bet at Olive Garden next time he came through Portland on the Butler/UConn championship game. He didn't respond.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

              Comment

              • Blueintheface
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 15382

                #7282
                Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
                CJ Miles is being moved, either in a deal with Philly for Iguodala or to Memphis as part of a package for Mayo.
                A Philly with Mayo sounds good right now.
                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                Comment

                • BGRTHNUMEGO
                  Junior Member
                  • May 2010
                  • 3670

                  #7283
                  Full Mock draft out:

                  Jazz pick Brandon Knight at #6

                  Analysis: The Jazz acquired this pick in their February trade-deadline deal with the Nets. They lost their All-Star point guard Deron Williams in the deal but picked up this pick, Derrick Favors and Devin Harris in return. The Jazz like Harris but see Knight as a potential franchise player down the road.

                  Knight's freshman season was up and down, but he has a few qualities that make him a terrific fit in Utah. He is big, plays defense, shoots the ball well, and is a great kid on and off the court. He should be a perfect fit with the Jazz.
                  Jazz pick Burks at #12:

                  Analysis: The Jazz have traditionally lacked a scoring athletic slasher in the backcourt. It's been an acknowledged need for years. This might be the year that brings changes. Burks is one of the most athletic guards in the draft. He has a quick first step and is a terrific finisher at the rim. His lack of a consistent jump shot and motor lowers his stock a bit. But at this point in the draft, he's worth the risk.

                  Comment

                  • Jacob
                    Junior Member
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 6801

                    #7284
                    Jazz draftee Ante Tomic plays tonight in the Euroleague final four. His stats aren't blowing anyone away, but that may be because of how evern the scoring is on his team.

                    During the regular season he averaged 10 ppg (2nd on his team) and 5.2 rebounds in only 20 minutes. At 7'2" he doesn't block shots.
                    During the current playoffs (5 games) he's leading his team in averaging 13 and 5.
                    He's 24, so just entering his prime. No crazy upside.

                    Comment

                    • Blueintheface
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 15382

                      #7285
                      I hate Raja Bell as much as any player that ever donned a Jazz jersey but I will say, he has to be a candidate for the All-interview team. His Thursday evening firesides with David Locke are actually quite interesting and somewhat informative even if it's laced with a lot of unnecessary bullshit. Last night's interview Locke, as he is wont to do, tried to get Raja to talk about some inside stuff. Locke mentioned the precise moment he felt a certain leader of the team, gee I wonder who he could be talking about, quit on the team smack dab in the middle of the Celtic game. Raja did his best to avoid directly agreeing with him but remembered a conversation he had with Locke that night and seemed to think that was also the breaking point for Sloan, and that Deron's exit was imminent. (You'll recall Deron shot only 4 shots, made 1, had 5 turnovers in only 23 min). For local radio it wasn't half-bad.
                      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                      "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                      Comment

                      • Jacob
                        Junior Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 6801

                        #7286
                        From Draft Express:
                        @doogen0012: Think Tomic can/should come over next season?
                        My understanding from his camp is its incredibly unlikely he'll ever come over RT

                        Comment

                        • MarkGrace
                          Grooveshark dick tease
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 31546

                          #7287
                          Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                          From Draft Express:
                          What I was expecting.
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                          Comment

                          • Jacob
                            Junior Member
                            • Oct 2009
                            • 6801

                            #7288
                            Also:

                            Q: @diggitbrother: Can you describe Tomic in 120 characters?
                            A: Talented. Super tall/skinny. Very skilled. No D or rebounds. No emotion. Soft?

                            Comment

                            • MarkGrace
                              Grooveshark dick tease
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 31546

                              #7289
                              Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                              Also:
                              Sounds like a fit.

                              Honestly, I'm waning on my enthusiasm for him a bit. Splitter was a better prospect in my mind and didn't have much of an impact for SA this year. I still think Tomic is a rotation player, but probably not much else.
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                              Comment

                              • Jacob
                                Junior Member
                                • Oct 2009
                                • 6801

                                #7290
                                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                                Sounds like a fit.

                                Honestly, I'm waning on my enthusiasm for him a bit. Splitter was a better prospect in my mind and didn't have much of an impact for SA this year. I still think Tomic is a rotation player, but probably not much else.
                                Yeah. He doesn't excite me. He's not a game-changer. I wouldn't let the fact that we have him as a "prospect" hold us back from going after others at that position for sure.

                                Comment

                                Working...