The Official Ute Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jarid in Cedar
    CS Institutional Memory
    • Jun 2009
    • 13234

    #586
    Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
    I think you have to give Boylen another year after a victory like this.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

    -Rick Majerus

    Comment

    • DrumNFeather
      Invisible Swordsman
      • Nov 2008
      • 8854

      #587
      So Utah finishes vs. TCU, @CSU and vs. UNLV. Can they win out? probably not, but 2-3 is certainly possible, and may be enough to land a 4/5 game vs. CSU (assuming UNLV takes the 3).

      This week's slate will be pivotal in the 3-6 seed area. CSU is @BYU and UNLV is @ UNM. Utah should get a layup by having TCU at home, but we've said that before.
      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

      Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

      Comment

      • Top Ute
        Junior Member
        • May 2010
        • 2194

        #588
        Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
        So Utah finishes vs. TCU, @CSU and vs. UNLV. Can they win out? probably not, but 2-3 is certainly possible, and may be enough to land a 4/5 game vs. CSU (assuming UNLV takes the 3).

        This week's slate will be pivotal in the 3-6 seed area. CSU is @BYU and UNLV is @ UNM. Utah should get a layup by having TCU at home, but we've said that before.
        We're big UNLV fans this week. It appeared the best we could get was a 3-6 game vs. CSU, but now 4-5 vs. CSU is possible. Especially if we beat CSU at Moby, and UNLV beats us at home. But an even bigger game as far as Utah is concerned is AFA at Wyoming -- if we go 2-1, AFA needs to go 2-2. Same holds true for UNM, which should get that second loss at BYU.

        Comment

        • LiveCoug
          LA Ute loves me
          • Nov 2008
          • 18488

          #589
          Gorgeous basketball being played at the Huntsman Center right now. Absolutely lovely.

          Comment

          • Jarid in Cedar
            CS Institutional Memory
            • Jun 2009
            • 13234

            #590
            Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            Gorgeous basketball being played at the Huntsman Center right now. Absolutely lovely.
            Go away troll.
            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

            "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

            "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

            -Rick Majerus

            Comment

            • SeattleUte
              Faith crisis consultant
              • Nov 2008
              • 20837

              #591
              You know, LiveCoug, I'm almost glad to hear it.

              The recent rumors are turning me evil. I'm having a hard time getting behind the Utes.

              I think the worst thing that could have happened to Boylen's job security is Pac 12 admission. Now we can hire someone with a real resume, it seems.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

              --Jonathan Swift

              Comment

              • Jarid in Cedar
                CS Institutional Memory
                • Jun 2009
                • 13234

                #592
                Why am I still watching this team :igiveup:
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                -Rick Majerus

                Comment

                • SeattleUte
                  Faith crisis consultant
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 20837

                  #593
                  Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                  Why am I still watching this team :igiveup:
                  Probing a wound?
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                  --Jonathan Swift

                  Comment

                  • Senioritis
                    Mr. Crimson Lover
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 694

                    #594
                    This is my wife's second game in person this year. As usual, she has had many insightful comments, but only one about the game.

                    "This is like a JV game!"

                    Ugh.

                    Comment

                    • Jarid in Cedar
                      CS Institutional Memory
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 13234

                      #595
                      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                      Probing a wound?
                      That would be more pleasant.
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                      -Rick Majerus

                      Comment

                      • LA Ute
                        Receiver of Memory
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 19512

                        #596
                        Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                        Gorgeous basketball being played at the Huntsman Center right now. Absolutely lovely.
                        Have you no decency, sir?
                        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                        ― W.H. Auden


                        "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                        "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                        Comment

                        • SeattleUte
                          Faith crisis consultant
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 20837

                          #597
                          Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                          The Lobos were considered a bubble team. Granted, because the BCSification of college basketball, UNM not being in one of the approved conferences does make your statement most likely true.
                          lol a bubble team with a losing record in the MWC? You, sir, are full of it.
                          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                          --Jonathan Swift

                          Comment

                          • woot
                            Resident Science Cop
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 5531

                            #598
                            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                            lol a bubble team with a losing record in the MWC? You, sir, are full of it.
                            Do try to keep up. ESPN had them at last four in and first four out at different points of the season. As late as 2 games ago they were still in the conversation.

                            Granted, losing to a ridiculous excuse for a team like Utah, even if it was on a fluke last-second shot, has most definitely sealed their fate.

                            Comment

                            • Jarid in Cedar
                              CS Institutional Memory
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 13234

                              #599
                              There must be 50 student there tonight
                              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                              "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                              "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                              -Rick Majerus

                              Comment

                              • Jarid in Cedar
                                CS Institutional Memory
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 13234

                                #600
                                Grab a :swear: rebound(as tcu got 3 offensive rebounds)
                                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                                "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                                "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                                -Rick Majerus

                                Comment

                                Working...