The Official Ute Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LiveCoug
    LA Ute loves me
    • Nov 2008
    • 18489

    #631
    Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    From someone who whined about trolls during football....
    Yeah, but you guys are mean when we lose. We are only being mean when you win.

    Comment

    • Jarid in Cedar
      CS Institutional Memory
      • Jun 2009
      • 13234

      #632
      Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      Yeah, but you guys are mean when we lose. We are only being mean when you win.
      Uh-huh
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

      -Rick Majerus

      Comment

      • old_gregg
        scaly man fish
        • Nov 2009
        • 16915

        #633
        Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
        From someone who whined about trolls during football....
        i would have taken a 50-48 win in the pit... i'm just acting out of jealousy
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

        Comment

        • LA Ute
          Receiver of Memory
          • Nov 2008
          • 19512

          #634
          Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
          Yeah, but you guys are mean when we lose. We are only being mean when you win.
          I have never trolled a BYU thread here when you guys lost or were losing. I have always let you suffer without me making it worse. I'd just like to make that holier-than-thou comment. (There are so few I can make regarding the rivalry that are actually true.)
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden


          "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


          "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

          Comment

          • il Padrino Ute
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 19161

            #635
            Originally posted by camleish View Post
            i would have taken a 50-48 win in the pit... i'm just acting out of jealousy
            I, for one, appreciate your honesty here.
            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #636
              A win is a win. Ugly, pretty, big win, close win...they all count the same. Take it and move on.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • Jarid in Cedar
                CS Institutional Memory
                • Jun 2009
                • 13234

                #637
                Well, we were in it for 20 minutes
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                -Rick Majerus

                Comment

                • DrumNFeather
                  Invisible Swordsman
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 8854

                  #638
                  Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                  Well, we were in it for 20 minutes
                  What an ass kicking.
                  "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                  Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                  Comment

                  • DrumNFeather
                    Invisible Swordsman
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 8854

                    #639
                    So, a loss tonight and a win by UNM probably means the 6th seed vs. UNLV. That's fun.
                    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                    Comment

                    • Jarid in Cedar
                      CS Institutional Memory
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 13234

                      #640
                      Well, all that is left to do tonight is to troll the Boylen apologists on UteZone.
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                      -Rick Majerus

                      Comment

                      • DrumNFeather
                        Invisible Swordsman
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 8854

                        #641
                        Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                        Well, all that is left to do tonight is to troll the Boylen apologists on UteZone.
                        haha...he's gone. I think he would've had to win out and somehow manage to get them into the post season. This team needs a coach that can motivate them. Boylen is not that guy.
                        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                        Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                        Comment

                        • DrumNFeather
                          Invisible Swordsman
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 8854

                          #642
                          Also, when you are getting routinely smoked by a dude named Pierce Hornung....PIERCE HORNUNG...then you got problems.
                          "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                          Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                          Comment

                          • BoylenOver
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 9146

                            #643
                            Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                            Well, all that is left to do tonight is to troll the Boylen apologists on UteZone.
                            But what about Jay Bilas saying we're a coach-killing program? Or what if our ENTIRE TEAM leaves with Boylen?! And we would have 20 wins if Jay Watkins wasn't injured.
                            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                            Comment

                            • DrumNFeather
                              Invisible Swordsman
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 8854

                              #644
                              Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                              But what about Jay Bilas saying we're a coach-killing program? Or what if our ENTIRE TEAM leaves with Boylen?! And we would have 20 wins if Jay Watkins wasn't injured.
                              The only way Boylen stays is if Brandon Davies pulls a Jimmy Chitwood and says he'll come to Utah if Boylen stays. Otherwise, so long, Jim.
                              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                              Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                              Comment

                              • Jarid in Cedar
                                CS Institutional Memory
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 13234

                                #645
                                Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                                But what about Jay Bilas saying we're a coach-killing program? Or what if our ENTIRE TEAM leaves with Boylen?! And we would have 20 wins if Jay Watkins wasn't injured.
                                And if O'Brien and Foster were not hurt, and if the other team let our guys drive more. I wonder how many turnovers we would still have if the other team wasn't on the floor.
                                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                                "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                                "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                                -Rick Majerus

                                Comment

                                Working...