The Official Ute Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CardiacCoug
    вот так штука
    • Nov 2008
    • 11013

    #736
    Stay classy Ute fans.

    Comment

    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
      Time to camp
      • Nov 2008
      • 26082

      #737
      Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
      I love the line "we know how to handle winning". I imagine that Ron from Kansas doesn't realize that the Shockers only understand winning in a snapshot in time, not long form history like the Utes.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

      Comment

      • Hot Lunch
        Out of Office
        • Nov 2008
        • 7842

        #738
        Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
        I wonder if it looked anything like this. All fan bases have them, yours included.

        "Take it to the Bank"

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69689

          #739
          Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
          I wonder if it looked anything like this. All fan bases have them, yours included.
          Was that after a win? I don't remember.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • YOhio
            Hipster Mode
            • Nov 2008
            • 26165

            #740
            Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
            I wonder if it looked anything like this. All fan bases have them, yours included.
            I doubt it looked anything like your video. The article said the fans were throwing glow sticks, the game was basketball played indoors and the projectiles were aimed at the players and not the officials.

            Comment

            • Applejack
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2012
              • 3813

              #741
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Was that after a win? I don't remember.
              I didn't watch the video, but the caption says it was a Utah-BYU game. So probably not.

              Comment

              • YOhio
                Hipster Mode
                • Nov 2008
                • 26165

                #742
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Was that after a win? I don't remember.
                The video said it was after a BYU-Utah game.

                Comment

                • Hot Lunch
                  Out of Office
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 7842

                  #743
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Was that after a win? I don't remember.
                  Does it really matter? Since you asked though and looking at the title of the video saying it was after a BYU/Utah game, it is safe to assume that it was not after a win.
                  "Take it to the Bank"

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69689

                    #744
                    Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                    Does it really matter?
                    Not really. But it seems really odd to act like a bunch of asshats following a close victory over a team you rarely play.

                    Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                    Since you asked though and looking at the title of the video saying it was after a BYU/Utah game, it is safe to assume that it was not after a win.
                    Hack!
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • Moliere
                      One man.....one pie
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 27878

                      #745
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Not really. But it seems really odd to act like a bunch of asshats following a close victory over a team you rarely play.



                      Hack!
                      Why would you expect Ute fans to act like something other than asshats?
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                      Comment

                      • Blueintheface
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 15382

                        #746
                        Now let this thread drift on down the page, everyone.
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                        "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                        Comment

                        • Applejack
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2012
                          • 3813

                          #747
                          Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                          I don't really feel the need to protect the honor of all Ute fans (I leave that job to LA). However, I think Paul Sullentrop of the Wichita Eagle and Ron Keller of Kirby, Kansas may be overreacting. Towards the end of the game (while Utah was choking away a 9 point lead with under 2 to play) some stupid fan threw a glowstick on the court. Almost assuredly a BYU fan. Play was stopped and they cleared the floor and the crowd was given a warning. Or, as Thomas S. Monson would say, "Play was stopped, glowsticks were removed, and hearts were warmed."

                          If that is the extent of the "debris" thrown "at the WSU bench," I feel very confident in saying that the Utah fanbase remains the classiest in the nation.

                          Comment

                          • Crockett
                            Junior Member
                            • Sep 2013
                            • 850

                            #748
                            Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                            I don't really feel the need to protect the honor of all Ute fans (I leave that job to LA). However, I think Paul Sullentrop of the Wichita Eagle and Ron Keller of Kirby, Kansas may be overreacting. Towards the end of the game (while Utah was choking away a 9 point lead with under 2 to play) some stupid fan threw a glowstick on the court. Almost assuredly a BYU fan. Play was stopped and they cleared the floor and the crowd was given a warning. Or, as Thomas S. Monson would say, "Play was stopped, glowsticks were removed, and hearts were warmed."

                            If that is the extent of the "debris" thrown "at the WSU bench," I feel very confident in saying that the Utah fanbase remains the classiest in the nation.
                            I couldn't decide which gif to respond with, so I'm going to use both.

                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Crockett; 12-05-2014, 10:48 AM.

                            Comment

                            • Hot Lunch
                              Out of Office
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7842

                              #749
                              Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              Why would you expect Ute fans to act like something other than asshats?
                              Not all of us are on your level of righteousness. Lucky for me, there is a plan in place that allows me to improve every day. I just hope that one day I can get to your level. Unfortunately, you are so far ahead of me in that aspect I doubt it is possible.
                              "Take it to the Bank"

                              Comment

                              • Applejack
                                Senior Member
                                • Aug 2012
                                • 3813

                                #750
                                Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                                I couldn't decide which gif to respond with, so I'm going to use both.
                                Typical CS post: resort to personal attacks because you can't argue with the substance.

                                Comment

                                Working...