The Official Ute Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • woot
    Resident Science Cop
    • Nov 2008
    • 5531

    #616
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    So what. They were in the pre-season bracket. I know I'm right that they were out before Utah beat them which was what Il Padrino believed. You yourself just admitted that they were on the bubble before losing to CSU; in fact, not only did they just lose to CSU, they are three games behind CSU in teh standings. It's not debatable; UNM was not a bubble team when Utah beat it, which is what Il Padrino said. So, why don't you stop arguing to the contrary, even while conceding my point? You are the one who's been the name caller from the start, even while arguing a point that you yourself concede without realzing it.

    Go ahead and cling to your delusion, but the MWC will not send five teams to the NCAA tournament this year. Likely not more than two.
    Even after losing to you losers there's one brave bracketologist that has them in the dance. http://bracketproject.50webs.com/matrix.htm Your idea that a loss to a bubble team would automatically knock them off the bubble further betrays your ignorance of how this all works. But since I actually don't care about the topic I'll let you have the last word.

    It is quite interesting to note the excuses you find to attack my character. Perhaps you harbor some bitterness from previous exchanges? Or maybe you're just that sensitive about your status as a laughing stock on this board when it comes to sports discussion?

    Comment

    • BoylenOver
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 9146

      #617
      Utes win! Utes win! What a defensive stop at the end!
      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

      Comment

      • Jarid in Cedar
        CS Institutional Memory
        • Jun 2009
        • 13234

        #618
        Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
        Dear lord,

        As you know I do not ask for much, and I probably deserve very little, but I may consider returning to church if you would put this team out of its misery.

        Amen
        That isn't exactly what I had in mind.
        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

        "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

        "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

        -Rick Majerus

        Comment

        • LA Ute
          Receiver of Memory
          • Nov 2008
          • 19512

          #619
          Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
          Utes win! Utes win! What a defensive stop at the end!
          Love the win, love to see Foster do well, love Clyburn. Don't love the Keystone Kops style.
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden


          "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


          "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

          Comment

          • SeattleUte
            Faith crisis consultant
            • Nov 2008
            • 20837

            #620
            Originally posted by woot View Post
            Even after losing to you losers there's one brave bracketologist that has them in the dance. http://bracketproject.50webs.com/matrix.htm Your idea that a loss to a bubble team would automatically knock them off the bubble further betrays your ignorance of how this all works. But since I actually don't care about the topic I'll let you have the last word.

            It is quite interesting to note the excuses you find to attack my character. Perhaps you harbor some bitterness from previous exchanges? Or maybe you're just that sensitive about your status as a laughing stock on this board when it comes to sports discussion?
            Now you've really made yoursel look like a fool. Thank you. I don't care what one bracket says. Get this trough your thick head: NO 5-7 MWC TEAM, NO .500 MWC TEAM IS GOING TO THE NCAA TOURNAMENT. It's never happened, it never will. NEVER. GUESS WHAT, I DIDN'T HAVE TO CONSULT ANY BRACKETS TO KNOW THIS, and I bet the entire board agrees with me.

            Have you ever noticed how stupid you always sound when you try to talk about anything except maybe sometimes evolution, like LDS theology, history, or literature? You are injuring your credibility in your supposed field as well.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

            --Jonathan Swift

            Comment

            • LiveCoug
              LA Ute loves me
              • Nov 2008
              • 18488

              #621
              Gorgeous win for the Utes. Congrats!

              Comment

              • woot
                Resident Science Cop
                • Nov 2008
                • 5531

                #622
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                Now you've really made yoursel look like a fool. Thank you. I don't care what one bracket says. Get this trough your thick head: NO 5-7 MWC TEAM, NO .500 MWC TEAM IS GOING TO THE NCAA TOURNAMENT. It's never happened, it never will. NEVER. GUESS WHAT, I DIDN'T HAVE TO CONSULT ANY BRACKETS TO KNOW THIS, and I bet the entire board agrees with me.

                Have you ever noticed how stupid you always sound when you try to talk about anything except maybe sometimes evolution, like LDS theology, history, or literature? You are injuring your credibility in your supposed field as well.
                Including me. If I were arguing that New Mexico is going to the NCAA tournament, or even currently on the bubble, you'd have a point. Do try to keep up. I feel like I'm teaching pre-school.

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #623
                  Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                  That isn't exactly what I had in mind.
                  He's got a great sense of humor eh?
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • SeattleUte
                    Faith crisis consultant
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 20837

                    #624
                    Originally posted by woot View Post
                    It is quite interesting to note the excuses you find to attack my character. Perhaps you harbor some bitterness from previous exchanges? Or maybe you're just that sensitive about your status as a laughing stock on this board when it comes to sports discussion?
                    lol you started it. The difference between you and me is I don't carry on a pretense that I know stuff I don't. I do, however, know enough to know that New Mexico was most emphatically not a bubble team when utah beat it, contrary to Il padrino's statement and your belief.
                    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                    --Jonathan Swift

                    Comment

                    • SeattleUte
                      Faith crisis consultant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 20837

                      #625
                      Originally posted by woot View Post
                      Including me. If I were arguing that New Mexico is going to the NCAA tournament, or even currently on the bubble, you'd have a point. Do try to keep up. I feel like I'm teaching pre-school.
                      Okay, I'm going to write it slow for you this time, and limit my post to this one concept so you can grasp it: NEW MEXICO WAS NOT A BUBBLE TEAM WHEN UTAH BEAT IT.

                      (All you have cited to the contrary are brackets extant the game before the game preceding Utah game, which New Mexico lost, except for this one errant bracket you dug up that still has a 5-7 MWC team on the bubble. You have effectivley conceded my point.)

                      Comprende?
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                      --Jonathan Swift

                      Comment

                      • BoylenOver
                        Junior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 9146

                        #626
                        Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                        Gorgeous win for the Utes. Congrats!
                        I hope that someone who had never seen a basketball game before received their introduction with this game.

                        They're guaranteed to come back for more!
                        "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                        Comment

                        • woot
                          Resident Science Cop
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 5531

                          #627
                          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          Okay, I'm going to write it slow for you this time, and limit my post to this one concept so you can grasp it: NEW MEXICO WAS NOT A BUBBLE TEAM WHEN UTAH BEAT IT.

                          (All you have cited to the contrary are brackets extant the game before the game preceding Utah game, which New Mexico lost, except for this one errant bracket you dug up that still has a 5-7 MWC team on the bubble. You have effectivley conceded my point.)

                          Comprende?
                          If that's how we're playing, then "No, you have effectivley conceded my point!" I do so admire your rhetorical style, though. All ad hominem and insistence that you are right by fiat, without submitting a single relevant fact. I'm sure your clients love your work.

                          Comment

                          • SeattleUte
                            Faith crisis consultant
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 20837

                            #628
                            Originally posted by woot View Post
                            If that's how we're playing, then "No, you have effectivley conceded my point!" I do so admire your rhetorical style, though. All ad hominem and insistence that you are right by fiat, without submitting a single relevant fact. I'm sure your clients love your work.
                            New Mexico in fifth place and 5-6 in the MWC when Utah played it not a relevant fact? That's all the facts I need. Your "relevant facts": outdated secondary sources; stale bracketology BS.
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                            --Jonathan Swift

                            Comment

                            • old_gregg
                              scaly man fish
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 16915

                              #629
                              50-48? that would be a low scoring game in the wnba...
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                              Comment

                              • Jarid in Cedar
                                CS Institutional Memory
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 13234

                                #630
                                Originally posted by camleish View Post
                                50-48? that would be a low scoring game in the wnba...
                                From someone who whined about trolls during football....
                                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                                "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                                "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                                -Rick Majerus

                                Comment

                                Working...