At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • All-American
    Right, as Usual
    • Nov 2008
    • 15664

    #4546
    Great. So HCQ is basically the “BYU to the Big 12” of coronavirus treatment.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

    Comment

    • Eddie
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2009
      • 8098

      #4547
      Thanks for taking the time to put all that together - lots of good information.

      Comment

      • old_gregg
        scaly man fish
        • Nov 2009
        • 16915

        #4548
        Originally posted by All-American View Post
        Great. So HCQ is basically the “BYU to the Big 12” of coronavirus treatment.
        not really, because there was a point in time where it was actually feasible
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

        Comment

        • Commando
          Explosivo
          • Feb 2009
          • 20748

          #4549
          Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          not really, because there was a point in time where it was actually feasible
          I don't remember any Dr.s from Yale insisting BYU--->BigXII was a done deal...
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

          Comment

          • old_gregg
            scaly man fish
            • Nov 2009
            • 16915

            #4550
            Originally posted by Commando View Post
            I don't remember any Dr.s from Yale insisting BYU--->BigXII was a done deal...
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

            Comment

            • SeattleUte
              Faith crisis consultant
              • Nov 2008
              • 20837

              #4551
              Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              You're not crazy.
              He is, however, extremely unlucky, it seems.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

              --Jonathan Swift

              Comment

              • Commando
                Explosivo
                • Feb 2009
                • 20748

                #4552
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                He is, however, extremely unlucky, it seems.
                Nah. Herman Cain's extremely unlucky. Covid is spreading like wildfire here in AZ. I wonder how long you would last; come on down I'll treat you to something befitting a man of your station, like an Applebee's in the nicer part of town or something.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                Comment

                • SeattleUte
                  Faith crisis consultant
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 20837

                  #4553
                  Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  Nah. Herman Cain's extremely unlucky. Covid is spreading like wildfire here in AZ. I wonder how long you would last; come on down I'll treat you to something befitting a man of your station, like an Applebee's in the nicer part of town or something.
                  Here in Seattle it's pleasant to eat outside. I only eat in restaurants where I can eat outside. Thanks anyway.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                  --Jonathan Swift

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #4554
                    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    Here in Seattle it's pleasant to eat outside. I only eat in restaurants where I can eat outside. Thanks anyway.
                    It is pleasant to eat outside, in Seattle- very good point.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • YOhio
                      Hipster Mode
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26165

                      #4555
                      Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      It is pleasant to eat outside, in Seattle- very good point.
                      Unless it's raining. Definitely some tradeoffs.

                      Comment

                      • SeattleUte
                        Faith crisis consultant
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 20837

                        #4556
                        Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        Unless it's raining. Definitely some tradeoffs.
                        There's no rain this time of year.
                        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                        --Jonathan Swift

                        Comment

                        • SeattleUte
                          Faith crisis consultant
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 20837

                          #4557


                          Everyone who tries to politicize Covid winds up looking foolish.
                          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                          --Jonathan Swift

                          Comment

                          • Commando
                            Explosivo
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 20748

                            #4558
                            Ain't this some shit... File this under, 'yeah, no kidding.'

                            'Kushner's coronavirus team shied away from a national strategy, believing that the virus was hitting Democratic states hardest and that they could blame governors, report says'

                            This spring, a team working under the president’s son-in-law produced a plan for an aggressive, coordinated national COVID-19 response that could have brought the pandemic under control. So why did the White House spike it in favor of a shambolic 50-state response?


                            Last edited by Commando; 07-31-2020, 11:55 AM.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                            Comment

                            • tooblue
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 5132

                              #4559
                              Kids' mental health can struggle during online school. Here's how teachers are planning ahead

                              Kids miss their friends. They're stuck at home. They're sleeping erratically. Not to mention the trauma of COVID-19 and economic collapse around them.

                              Comment

                              • Walter Sobchak
                                Adventurer
                                • Oct 2009
                                • 3815

                                #4560
                                Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                                Kids' mental health can struggle during online school. Here's how teachers are planning ahead

                                https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rs/5529846002/
                                As more districts are electing to start the school year virtually, teachers will have to get better at delivering new academic content online while also meeting students' social and emotional needs.

                                Schools, Rich said, should think about using the virtual environment to create new relationships between teachers and students.

                                "Not just one where kids can get help with algebra, but where kids are talking to teachers about what's going on."
                                Can't wait to socially connect with my students on-line... which essentially contravenes every bit of training I've ever received on the topic.
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

                                Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

                                Comment

                                Working...